Yongseok is Scared and Takuya Needs to Examine his Feelings

A Hopeless Place

It took a lot longer than I wanted for this chapter to be finished. But I literally had one day off this week and that was because I called in sick.  I have pressure sores on my feet, walking and standing actually hurts so badly and I still have five hours to work tomorrow. My manger today told me to stay at first window and sit on crates on not move so I managed to get this chapter finished. So ENJOY!


Shopping day was probably the most exciting thing that would’ve happened in a long time if Takuya wasn’t routinely trying to break into restricted areas. It was also the first time Takuya had the opportunity to get anything to personalize his strait jacket. Not that he actually selected much just a small patch that a worker sewed on while he was looking at shoes with Yongseok. Seyoung had grabbed them all black surgical masks and passed them round when they were being escorted back to the common room.

 

None of them got any sleep before Shin was tapping on the bars to his room, the signal for Yongseok to unlock all their doors. The all grouped together at the double doors to the rest of their ward. They were all bundled up in jackets and Yongseok, Sangmin and Seyoung had already put on their masks in an effort to defrost their noses.

“Follow Seyoung and don’t make any noise” Shin instructed. Everyone nodded and Yongseok stepped up to open the first door. That was how the rest of the journey to the closed section continued in much the same way. Seyoung leading and Yongseok moving forward to open any locked doors. When the youngest wasn’t picking locks Takuya found he was often by his side. It made Takuya feel a lot warmer than his heavy leather jacket did.

 

They all paused outside the last door that was noticeably more rotted and generally dirty. Shine gestured for those who hadn’t to put of their masks. Casper waved a hand towards the door handle. Yongseok stepped forward and placed his hand lightly on the handle. The way his hand shook made Takuya was to hold it and steady that shaking. Yongseok gently pressed down and the door creaked.

“Ok not locked” Yongseok murmured to himself “that’s not unsettling, not at all.”

He pressed the handle down the rest of the way, letting the door swing open and the backing up to Takuya’s side. Shin took over the lead from Seyoung as they started into the old section.

 

It was definitely abandoned. In a few places where the original flooring was too old to walk on, new planks had been nailed on top to provide a sturdier surface to walk on.

“I’m no expert on wondering through creepy buildings” Takuya started “but I’d follow the path of new floor boards.”

“Yeah, let’s go with that” Shin nodded. Although stronger and varnished to add some sort of boundary against the elements they were still creaky and bent slightly under the weight of the young men. Seyoung took great pleasure in pointing out the mold that could possibly kill them, and Takuya caught Yongseok glaring at him more than once.

“I feel like rats should be hiding in corners and making us jump every five minutes” Sangmin muttered after they’d traipsed through two floors following the new boards. There were a few murmured agreements before they lapsed into silence again. A rather tense silence if you asked Takuya, which no one did.

The new floorboards led to another set of double doors painted entirely in a black lacquer. The walls around it had peeling paint and rotting plaster but the doors looked strong and the lacquer was unchipped.

“This just keeps getting better and better” Yongseok muttered, sarcasm dripping from his voice. Takuya jumped he hadn’t realised how close the younger was, but he nodded in agreement when they made eye contact.

 

Shin spent a few long moments dithering at the door handle before fixing his gaze on Yongseok who looked like going anywhere near the door was the last thing he wanted to do.

“Fine” Shin said, he took a deep breath before trying the handle, and immediately jumped back when there was a flash of lighting. A few seconds later the thunder had Shin trying to muffle a scream. Yongseok grabbed Takuya’s wrist holding tightly with both hands. When the rain started falling Takuya freed his wrist to grip Yongseok’s hand, and he really shouldn’t be thinking about how perfectly their hands fit together, and really they did.

 

“So this is the nursery huh” Casper whispered. They were standing just on the other side of the door in an if possible even more derelict building. The storm outside did nothing to help ease their nerves and Takuya was certain that if Yongseok stopped holding his hand he was going to die.

“Well lets go” Shin murmured. The nursery building was boring. Cream walls with the same peeling paint and chipped white door frames and the second half of their ward. As they went further though they started to see murals that had been painted on the walls, most of them containing some form of anthropomorphised animals dancing under rainbows that were far from comforting.

 

“Jesus ” Seyoung half shrieked after peering into one of the rooms. Everyone gathered at the door frame to see inside. The entirety of the walls had been painted red and the floor black with a blank circle in the middle of the room around an old chair. A symbol of some sort was painted in red in the circle but none of them wanted to close enough to see what it was.

“This room is the Guaranteed Demon Suite” Yongseok whispered next to Takuya’s ear. Despite the situation Takuya smirked and gave Yongseok’s hand a slight squeeze.

“Moving on” Shin shuddered. The followed the default leader they continued through hallways with giraffes playing jump rope, monkeys dancing ballet and one particularly disturbing image of a butterfly and a bear who might be playing hide and seek but were probably trying to kill each other.

 

“This is taking forever” Sangmin whined, after another corridor this time filled with old playrooms and toys that had been ‘rejected by Satan and put here far away from humans’, at least according to Yongseok who seemed to be getting less and less thrilled by the building. Not that Takuya was surprised. If he were someone else he’d be wondering why his stupid was still traipsing through a murdered baby hospital and not booking it to jump on the nope train to thatville.

“Fine, fine” Shin sighed “um, ok let’s split up.”

“Nope” Yongseok interrupted.

“Either we split up or I chop off your arm” Shin glared.

Yongseok glanced down at his sleeve.

“Are we talking above or below the elbow?”

Shin made a growling noise at the back of his throat.

“Sangmin with Casper, Seyoung with me and Yongseok and Takuya.”

 

Yongseok was not happy about splitting up. He spent a good amount of time sitting on the ground with his arms and legs wrapped around Takuya’s ankle muttering various very graphic threats against Shin’s life.

“C’mon” Takuya sighed hauling the red head to his feet “we may as well see what’s here.”

“Fine” Yongseok hissed “but if we get eaten by demon twins that live in a mirror I’m so haunting your .”

“As long as it makes you feel better” Takuya replied. It was probably a good thing Seyoung made them wear the masks because this was a very inappropriate time to be smiling.

 

Their corridor was filled mostly with empty rooms, a few more disturbing than others, such as the one filled with children’s shoes all lined up in descending size order.

“ this” Yongseok practically moaned “can we please go back now.”

Takuya wasn’t exactly thrilled at the idea of continuing down the corridor but shrugged anyway.

“C’mon” Takuya teased “we already passed the satanic chair room, what could be better than that?”

“Being dead, or anything else.”

Takuya laughed and wrapped an arm around the younger dragging him further along the corridor.

“Relax it’ll be fine.”

The storm chose that moment to be an absolute and start raining harder.

“I hate you” Yongseok pouted, but grabbed Takuya’s arm the next moment when there was another roll of thunder.

“Shut up.”

 

“Relax” Yongseok mocked “it’ll be fine, we won’t die, we won’t be possessed by some type of satanic rat.”

Yongseok and Takuya were currently stuck in a room full of empty cribs the door now being blocked by a fallen beam and a good portion of the ceiling. Yongseok was freaking out and cursing Takuya’s life is various ways, still refusing to let go of the Japanese man’s arm though.

“I still say you need to relax” Takuya muttered, Yongseok responded by stamping very hard on his foot.

“I thought I told you to shut up.”

Takuya huffed but felt Yongseok tense when there was another strike of lighting and pulled the younger man closer.

“It will be fine. Eventually.”


Saractic Yongseok is literally like my favourite thing ever. It's beautiful. I like Yongseok being all giddy about the idea of ghosts and creepy stuff but then actully being really freaked out by it. It's adorable. I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter I only have three shifts next week not including my one tomorrow so hopefully the next chapter will be up sooner. :)