The Dark and Dangerous Corridor...Kind Of

A Hopeless Place

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Does anyone even give a about this story anymore.


“So, anyone wanna go over there and check the hall” Casper suggested. Everyone immediately turned to Shin.

“You’re the leader.”

Shin no longer looked as pleased to be the leader.

“Yup” he sighed “I’m the leader.”

He started back across the room with timid steps, very uncharacteristic of the usually over caffeinated leader.

“God I have a bad feeling about this” Sangmin muttered.

“We all do” Seyoung replied.

“Will you just shut up” Shin hissed “you’re not helping.”

Shin continued his hesitant steps towards the door. After he reached halfway the rows of cribs started shaking before one shot across the room, just narrowly avoiding Shin, to rebound violently off the opposite wall. Shin scrambled backwards to the relative safety of the group as more of the cribs were sent crashing in their general direction.

“Oh I’ve seen this movie before” Yongseok gulped “this is the part where we get horrifically killed.”

 

Not at all surprisingly no one found this comment helpful and the cribs decided that they would fling themselves towards the group at higher speeds.

“Seokie pick the lock” Sangmin wailed.

“Yup.”

Of course picking a lock in that situation wasn’t the easiest thing in the world, Yongseok was trembling and almost dropped the clock hand several times. Takuya backed up till he was against the door and placed what his hoped was a reassuring hand on Yongseok shoulder. It seemed to help calm the younger down and he managed to pick the lock and shove the door open. The group all threw themselves through the door and had to put all their weight behind trying to get it closed again.

“Worst idea you’ve ever had” Casper panted glaring at Seyoung who had collapsed against the wall.

“He’s the leader” Seyoung replied pointing a figure at Shin who glared back as he was trying to get Sangmin to breather properly.

“He didn’t lead us down into basement full of murderous cribs.”

 

Before Seyoung could reply there was the loud thud of something hitting the door.

“We should probably move.”

“No .”

“Will you two shut up” Shin hissed slapping them both around the back of the head “now is not the time for this.”

Seyoung pouted and Casper just glared straight ahead as the followed Shin in the only direction they

could go in, down the dark and cramped hallway that had been behind the door.

 

“We’re gonna die, we’re gonna die, we’re gonna die.”

Sangmin’s chant was cut off abruptly by a swift kick from Seyoung.

“Any idea where this leads” Shin asked the blond.

“Not a clue” Seyoung replied “the basement wasn’t on the plans remember.”

“Not really” Yongseok interrupted. Since leaving the door and crib room behind the youngest had started to calm down and was starting to see the fun in the whole thing again, he still had a death grip on Takuya’s hand though. Not that he was complaining.

“Maybe we should go back” Sangmin suggested.

“And what get pelted with possessed cribs” Casper retorted. Shin rolled his eyes and shoved Sangmin forward.

“Keep moving.”

 

The further the went down the hall the weirder it got. At first it had been pitch black and they had all had to huddle together to make sure no one was left behind, as they went on however small, dirty lightbulb high on the walls illuminated small sections off the hallway. The bulbs becoming more frequent the further they went.

The next thing to start popping up at random increments were vents. No bigger than a head and each holding their own collection of dead bugs. A curious Seyoung had peered through one of the cleaner ones. In the small amount of light coming from the lightbulb on the opposite wall he managed to make out a small room with a bed similar to the ones in their own ward.

“Creepy” he muttered.

 

When the top half of heavy metal barn doors started showing up next to the vents Sangmin resumed his freaking out. Some of the door were open other glued shut with years worth of rust and dirt and dead things. The rooms on the other side of the doors were smaller than they had first expected and contained on the bed frame. One or two of the rooms had the rusty metal skeleton of another piece of furniture.

“I’m going to take a guess and say we’re probably getting close to the end” Takuya spoke up after a while.

“At this point I really don’t know if that’s a good thing” Shin replied. It seemed those were the key words needed to reach the end of the hall, or was it a tunnel?

The end of the tunnel was the same heavy meatal double doors they’d seen a lot tonight. This set looked as old as the rest of the hall but the area of floor around it that was swept clear from the doors being opened and closed regularly. The hinges were free off rust and a shiny circle was worn through the grime to the metal of the door.

 

“Fearless leader.”

Everyone looked to Shin, who yanked Seyoung forward and threw him towards the door.

“You’re the oldest, you have less life left.”

Seyoung glared back at him but moved cautiously towards the doors. To his credit it didn’t half was afraid as the others had been whenever they were shoved to the front.

“Here goes nothing.”


Originally I had planned this for Christmas Day but that was unrealistic since it was Christmas Day. But it's here now and I'm not going to offer any excuses for not updating it for over a month but I have an updating schedule now for every friday (going by Au EST - Australian Eastern Standard Time. I live in Queensland and we don't do Daylight Savings.) I might update sporadically during the week if I get really excited but outside and major unforseen circumstances there should be something out every friday and seriously does anyone still read this thing??????