Everyone is Lost Now, and Weird Things are Happening prt 1.

A Hopeless Place

Ok, I'm going to just say now, Casper isn't dead and you'll find out what happened to him soon enough.

Also this chapter is kinda short so sorry, but I'll try and get another out before the next scheduled update and at the end of this chapter there is a VERY IMPORTANT authors note so please read that even though it's annoying. And don't forget to tell me what your thinking about the story.


Takuya was woken up the next morning by a loud and insistent banging. Blearily opening one eye he found the source of the noise to be a guard wearing protective gear and smashing his police baton against the metal bars of Takuya’s door.

Looking past the gurard Takuya saw a similarly dressed guard doing the same to Yongseok’s door. The youngest was curled up into the corner of his bed glaring at the guard. One by one nurse Grace walked down the row and unlocked all their doors. The guards yanked them all out into the hall, although this time they weren’t thrown against a wall.

“You are all here because at some point during the night your fellow patient Zhong Ze Xiang has fled our facility. As of now there is no evidence any of you where accomplices in this delinquency, however you will remain in the common room for the entire day while the security team goes through each of your rooms.”

She gestured the guards to lead them to the common room.

 

The guards locked the door as they excited leaving the five young men huddled at one of the far tables.

“I can’t believe this is actually happening” Shin groaned introducing his head to the table top. Seyoung pat his back rather awkwardly.

“It’ll be fine, it’ll be fine.”

“Everyone put everything back right” Shin asked almost daring them to say no.

“I did throw the clock had at the wall when we came in last night” Yongseok shrugged, his voice was small and slightly raw, whether from sleep or crying. Shin pulled a face.

“I picked it up” Yongseok went on “but I didn’t get a chance to put it back in the clock.”

Takuya wrapped an arm around the youngest, while Shin muttered to himself that it would all be fine and that no one could prove anything.

 

“Is anyone else cold” Sangmin whined. They’d been in the common room for around half the day already. The usual drinks and snacks had been brought in and everyone had migrated to their own little worlds. Shin was sitting, slumped, at his normal table playing idly with a chess piece. Seyoung had sat down in a corner of the room and stabbed at the wall every now and them with a red crayon. Sangmin had stayed in his seat at the table and hidden his face in his arms. Yongseok had moved off to the side of the room and stared at the wall opposite him. Takuya had joined after a while just sitting there and staring straight ahead, until of course Sangmin spoke.

Shin sat up slightly straighter and glanced around before noticing something that in honesty everyone should have noticed earlier.

“The windows open.”

 

Everyone got up and gathered around the large and indeed open window. Just as Seyoung predicted when they were looking over the plans they were looking straight at the crumbling nursery.

“God those paintings were terrifying” Shin muttered eyeing a small portion of one of the anthropomorphised animal scenes.

“Why is the window open” Seyoung whispered to himself. There was indeed a cold breeze blowing in through the window. And with the glass no longer closed they could now tell that the outside of the glass was coated with some sort of thin paper.

“What are you all doing over there” the nurses voice cut through the quite of the room “which one of you opened the window? You’re not allowed to do that.”

They all jumped back from the window.

“It wasn’t us” Shin replied immediately “the window was already open.”

Nurse Grace eyed them all.

“Nothing was found in any of your rooms, but in light of this incident with the window you will be confined to your rooms for the next few days.”

Guards appeared out of nowhere to lead them back to their rooms.

They were all locked in and had a small tray of water and snacks in under five minutes.

“Dinner and lights out will be at the usual time, and it is an even day so the water will be on before dinner” nurse announced from her position at the end of the hallway, calling down to everyone’s rooms.

“Snacks will be brought to your room along with options for hot drinks while you are confined to your rooms. When the workers bring around your breakfast you may request entertainment items for that day, if you don’t ask a breakfast you won’t get it. Clean scrubs will be left in your room for after your shower. As usual dirty clothes are to be dropped outside your door.”

With that she turned and stalked through the doors deeper into the ward.


Ok so for those who paid attention up top and are reading this now, I'm actually thinking about changing the title of this fic, I don't think the one I have works and I'm simply curious to see what you guys think of that and if you have any ideas. And again don't forget to tell me what you think of the story, if something is or isn't working I want to know. Also sorry about the slow as build between Takuya and Yongseok. ;)