Weird Things That Shouldn't Be Real

A Hopeless Place

Ok so I got some explaining to do. first of all I actually left my external hard drive at my Oma and Opa's house after I went down their to help them after one of my Oma's surgeries and due to work and other comitments I had a hard time going to get it because they don't actually live in the same city as me. (It's just outside the city suburbs but a fair drive from where I live in actual Brisbane). So that's why I didn't post this for the first 2 weeks. I actually didn't get a to pick it up until wednesday. Then on friday was had a massive storm that knocked out the power and my laptop was relying on being plugged in because I never give it time to charge properly before I use it. So this was written tonight (Saterday) to get something up. I apologise for this being so late and short.


Being confined to their cells was boring. The guards that stood on either side of the double doors at the ends of the hall didn’t like any of them talking. The entertainment options available left much to be desired and the lack of any natural light was starting to drive Takuya seriously crazy. He’d found himself a lot. Like a lot, a lot. If that even makes sense.

During one of the rare times when the guards didn’t immediately shut them up Shin briefly mentioned that he had been starting to see things moving around in his peripheral vision. Shin brushed it off as caffeine withdrawals from not being able to drink as many cups of coffee as he usually would. The others all seemed to think it was from the boredom that came from being confined to their rooms. And Takuya thought so too, until he woke up after a particularly long and deep sleep.

 

The only reason Takuya knew it was night was the lack of the yellow glow of the main hall and room lights. The blue from the lights above the door had always creeped Takuya out, however, he had been getting used to them. He had spent a few moments staring at his wall trying to wake up a bit more before he noticed out of the corner of his eye that his doorway was much darker than it should be. He very pointedly turned his focus to the opposite wall where he couldn’t see the doorway.

He eventually forgot about it, his mind having wandered to far more appealing things. So when he turned to roll onto his other side he almost screamed.

 

Standing in the shadows of the hallway was a tall female silhouette. Takuya couldn’t see much, the blue light only doing so much to illuminate her features. The one thing the young man could make out was a pale blue eye. That was fixed on him. As cliché as it is Takuya found himself glue in place, unable, or even unwilling to move. The woman didn’t move but soon enough Takuya noticed the small black pupil of her eye twitching. Not her eye, just the pupil. The edges were jumping and wriggling as if there was something poking and re-shaping them. Slowly, far too slowly in Takuya’s opinion, one long black stick emerged from the black pupil. Nope, nope, nopitty, nope, nope, no.

More followed and small spider started tearing through the rapidly growing pupil. So many that Takuya wasn’t sure if the pupil was growing or if the arachnids were tearing the eye apart. The small dots left where their feet had touched indicated the latter.

 

The original stick like black leg was being joined by more and Takuya, currently in the processes of discovering just how bad his arachnophobia was, did not want to see the spider attached to the legs.

This has to be a dream. There’s no way this is real. Just wake up now please.

 

Someone did wake up, but it wasn’t Takuya. Across the hall Yongseok sat up with a gasp, his breath coming in short, shallow bursts, his dark eyes wide but unseeing still trapped in whatever dream world his mind had conjured up. The woman screeched and vanished in a flood of small arachnids, scrambling down the hall to the doors that lead deeper into their ward.

Yongseok assured Takuya that he was okay, although the older man took a while to be convinced, and returned to a somewhat reluctant sleep, leaving Takuya to dwell on the fact that it wasn’t a dream and that whatever-it-was was not a figment of his bored mind and in fact very real.


Again sorry this was so late and short. Everything should be back to smooth sailing next week thought so Yay!!!!!

Don't forget to tell me what you think ;)