Yongseok's Scaredy Taco

A Hopeless Place

This one is a little shorter...I think, I don't really note the lengths of the chapters I write. and IMPORTANTLY There are a few inconsistencies with the chapter and the last one that in the previous chapter their strait jackets had been removed and in this chapter I changed my mind about that and they are wearing them once again. I am going to go back and fix that at some point but it is worth mentioning for now.


Takuya sat back on the tiny bench, drawing his knees to his chest letting the tapping that Yongseok had started up again accompany his thoughts. What were the mice the other was always going on about? Whatever they are they were bipolar as right now. Just yesterday they were taking his eyelashes away and now apparently they liked him.

 

“Yongseok” Takuya called. Once again the tapping halted.

“Yes?”

“Why did you fight the guard” Takuya asked “it’s obviously happened before, and it obviously ends the same, so why do it?”

“I don’t know. I can’t really help it” Yongseok replied “I don’t like it, so I fight it.”

“Can I ask you a question?”

“Another one” the smirk dripped from Yongseok’s voice.

“Shin mentioned locking whoever started that whatever it was in a nursery, what’s the deal with that.”

“Oooh good question, I like this story.”

 There was a brief pause before the sound of Yongseok standing up then the screech of the metal doors against the concrete floor, footsteps and then Takuya’s cell door opened. Takuya watched wondering how he managed that in a strait jacket while Yongseok sat crossed legged on the floor and nodded at the space in front of him. Takuya sighed and moved into the spot Yongseok indicated. The younger grinned.

“I really like this story.”

 

“This place used to be just one wing of a general hospital, there was an old people’s wing, a surgical wing, a tuberculosis wing.”

“Tuberculosis wing” Takuya frowned. He received a glare at being interrupted but Yongseok seemed more than pleased to explain.

“The rest of the hospital shut down back when tuberculosis was still a problem. You saw it when you were brought here. This ward is on the edge of a forest yes.”

Takuya nodded.

“Wrong. Each ward had its own little garden surrounding it. That forest used to be those nest little gardens, in there is the rest of the hospital. The tuberculosis wing was the last part to shut down. It’s far at the back, not too far from us. Keep the bad stuff away from those who are easily fixed. Of course around this time people sent to the mental ward were kept isolated, meaning this was the only ward not eventually taken over by the illness.

 

The old people got it first, then the post ops, then the general ward, then the maternity ward and finally the children’s ward. Kids between newborn and fourteen. The newborns were taken out of the maternity ward and taken to the nursery in the children’s ward. The mothers were allowed out to visit, and when the tuberculosis started spreading to the maternity ward and the mothers started getting sick, they were denied access.

 

So mothers would sneak over to see their children. So the children got sick. Eventually nurses couldn’t stand to see the children dying, so when the nursery was isolated from any visitors other than the nurses and doctors that moved into it when the doors were locked, they started suffocating or starving any of the infants that showed signs of the disease, or in fact any illness.

 

Then one of the doctors got sick. He refused to leave, wouldn’t stop treating the children. So the nurses ganged up on him. Cornered him in the nursery and hacked into his neck with a pair of surgical scissors. And one by one the nurses start dropping like flies. One strangled with a surgical mask. One left to bleed out after cuts from a scalpel. Till it was no one but the babies left. They were all cared for, fed and changed and bathed and looked after for four months until the rest of the hospital shut down and there was no more food delivered and the water was cut off. Then as they died graves appeared outside the building for the babies.

 

The doctor didn’t trust anyone else to care for those children without him there. So he killed the nurses and looked after the babies until there was no way they could live anymore. The nursery like locking your claustrophobic friend in a box. It’s everyone’s worst nightmare.”

 

Takuya sat still for a few moments watching the younger man stare absently at the ceiling.

“You like that story?”

Yongseok grinned, slightly less maniacal than his usual ones and definitely more genuine.

“It’s fascinating” Yongseok moved to slot himself in beside Takuya “it would be fun if there were ghosts in the nursery. Don’t you think?”

“No” Takuya muttered “I don’t think that would be fun at all.”

Yongseok laughed shaking his head against Takuya’s shoulder.

“Yes it would, you’re just a scaredy taco.”

“I’m not a scaredy Mexican food” Takuya pouted.

“Yes, you are.”

 

Yongseok yawned leaning his head on Takuya’s shoulder.

“I reckon if I had to hide something I’d want to hide it in there.”

“You’re tired’ Takuya sighed “shouldn’t you go back to your cell.”

“They won’t care. It’s nicer with you anyway” Yongseok mumbled, his breath blowing across Takuya’s neck.

“At least lie down.”

He rearranged his own a Yongseok bodies so that the other was able to lie down in the cramped space. Takuya felt like he should be holding the younger. But for obvious reasons (the strait jackets) that was impossible so he settle for the youngers head using his chest as a pillow.

“G’night scaredy taco.”


I was origianally going to use the octupus joke becasue Takuya is japanese, but I thought Yongseok calling him a taco was way more adorable so I went with that.

Also I'm thinking of speeding up the progress of Takuya and Yongseok's relationship. But becasue that's probably most of the reason anyone even cliked on this fic I want to know what anyone who happens to read this thinks, so just comment whether you like the pace things are moving at or if you want to kick it up a notch also note this while have no other effect on the rest of the fic and it's plot.