Solitary Confinement with the Red Rabbit

A Hopeless Place

Yeah, so it's been a while but I changed some of what I wanted to happen with the plot, hopefully it's developes properly. Anyway there's a bit more interaction between Takuya and Yongseok in this chapter so enjoy.


Takuya was woken up one morning by guards running into his room (cell, he refused to let up with that one, though he had stopped referring to them all as prisoners inside his head), grabbing him off his bed, throwing him into the hall and shoving him against the wall. When his vision had cleared up enough for him to actually see he noticed Shin in much the same position as him muttering repeatedly that he was too decaffeinated for this and that whoever had started it this time was going to be locked in the nursery for the rest of their ‘soon to be coffee-less lives’. Takuya wasn’t quite sure if Shin knew what he was saying. Deciding against talking Takuya jumped when another body was slammed into the wall on his other side. He turned to see and was rewarded by the guard that was holding him, twisting his arms painfully.

 

The newest arrival to their being-held-uncomfortably-against-a-wall-for-no-apparent-reason-party was Yongseok. The red head was glaring accusingly at one of the scribbles on the wall. After a few minutes he looked up and made eye contact with Takuya.

“What’s going on” Takuya mouthed.

“Random inspection” Yongseok mouthed back “it happens when a large group leaves. They are trying to make sure no one is working against them.”

Takuya frowned.

“Aren’t they supposed to be medical staff?”

“The ones that actually work on the treatments are. Everyone working in this building are either medical staff or the properly trained guards, I’m not too sure about the chefs” he smirked “but the people that actually run this place.”

Yongseok left the end of the sentence dangling off a one hundred meter cliff, but he didn’t have to finish it, Takuya got the general idea.

 

Yongseok was now glaring at the guard behind him. Takuya sighed, the first not weird as all hell conversation he’d had with the younger man was telling him that he was basically ed. One guard wearing significantly more protective wear than the others began stalking up and down the row. Takuya was about to ask what he was doing when he stopped behind Seyoung. He gestured to the guard holding the blond against wall who turned him round. The armoured guard took out what looked to be a policed baton and lightly(ish) tapped it up and down Seyoung’s body.

“Because crazy is contagious” Yongseok spat, if looks could kill that guard would be all kinds of dead. The guard nodded and Seyoung was turned back around to face the wall. The guard continued down the line and Takuya’s heart raced when the guard stopped just between him and Yongseok.

 

However it was the red head who was yanked off the wall and turned to face the guard. Yongseok did not look happy, when the police baton started its rhythmic hits against his body he immediately began struggling to get out of the guards hold. Shin and Seyoung started screaming at him to stop while Sangmin was muttering something under his breath that sounded like quite begging.

“Yongseok no” Shin yelled “don’t so this again.”

The baton had stopped with its light taps and was now being slammed repetitively into Yongseok body. Takuya frowned as more guards rushed in one stabbing a sedative into Yongseok’s neck and two more forced him into his strait jacket. The guards started wrestling him towards a hospital bed while Yongseok screamed.

“Not this again, not this again” Shin mumbled over and over “you can’t keep doing this.”

 

The general idea Takuya was getting was that what was happening to Yongseok was not a good thing. So he did the only thing that he could think of which was to also start fighting his guard. Unlike Yongseok no one was repeatedly whacking him with a baton. However he was jabbed in the neck with a sedative and yanked into his strait jacket before being thrown on the hospital bed with a wide eyed Yongseok. Glancing over Yongseok’s shoulder as the bed was pushed away and saw Shine nodding. The guards were walking the other back into their rooms and locking the doors. Takuya took a deep breath as the two large doors to the corridor swung shut.

 

The hospital bed was stopped in a corridor that was barley wide enough to fit it in. There was about an inch on each side of the bed between the edge of the mattress and the wall. Yongseok was slipping in and out of consciousness and the guards were busy unlocking two heavy metal door with only small bared windows breaking up the dull metal. Takuya was pushed off the bed and into a narrow room only two feet wide and six feet deep with black padding on the walls and a tiny bench at the far end. When the door shut behind him and the guards retreated back up the hall. Takuya straggled to stand under the effects of the sedative but managed to half hang from the window bars. He guessed that opposite him Yongseok was in a similar room. He made it to the bench before collapsing.

 

When he woke up there was a crick in his neck and his right foot had gone numb. Takuya groaned and shifted into a more comfortable position listening to the eerie sounds of the asylum. It took him a while to make out the rhythmic tapping but when he did Takuya shot too his feet ignoring the pain that shot through his right foot when he put his weight on it. The hall way was dark the only light was a single blue-ish bulb in his cell and the one opposite. Why was every light in this place blue? The tapping was coming from the cell opposite.

“Yong-Yongseok” Takuya whispered. The tapping stopped.

“Yongseok” he repeated. The red head slowly appeared in the window opposite.

“Are you okay” Takuya asked. Yongseok was quiet and stared at Takuya suspiciously for a few moments before nodding.

“Why would you do that” Yongseok asked softly. His voice was deeper than Takuya’s but still smooth and this was the first time that Takuya had heard it without it telling him slightly hysterically that mice were coming to eat his eyeballs.

“Shin and Seyoung, they didn’t seem to like that you were coming here again. I figured if you had to be put in solitary at least you wouldn’t be the only one.”

“Thank you.”

Takuya nodded and Yongseok disappeared out of sight.

“You know, the little mice like you.”


I like this whole mouse metaphor thing I've got going on. I'm kind of obsessed with Alice in Wonderland in case no one noticed the references in earlier chapters. I like adding them in as little jokes. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.