Everyone Will Hate Author Now

A Hopeless Place

HAPPY NEW YEAR DERFNERDERS!!! I'm kidding you're all awesome, and hey check it out my first scheduled update. I'm so proud of myself.


The dirty light from the hall didn’t reach too far into the room. From what they could see before it melted into blackness, the floor was clean white tile, a few scuff marks here and there that looked like the kind from standard leather shoes, a few light colored cabinets that probably came from a DIY flatpack.

“Well, at least it looks clean” Yongseok shrugged.

“And I don’t see any cribs” Sangmin added.

“Maybe we should think about going in rather than just standing out here talking” Casper suggested with a sigh, he was getting really tired of being the only reasonable one.

“Yeah, let’s do that.”

Shin grabbed a handful of Seyoung’s shirt and tossed the older through the door.

“Quit doing that.”

The leader shrugged and stepped in behind Seyoung glancing around before casually flicking the light switch he found next to the door.

 

The room continued its cleaner than the rest theme the back wall was lined with silver metal doors that anyone with half a brain new belonged in a morgue all the bench tops were silver metal and a large portion of one wall was taken up by a steel trough with taps and hand soap, like a mutant version of the handwashing sinks in a high school science lab. There was a dark colored sheet on a table just off centre towards the other end of the room. There were a few bumps under the sheet but they were relatively small and thankfully not shaped like any part of the human body inside or out.

Takuya shivered in the cooler temperature of the room and next to him Yongseok pulled his own jacket tighter around him. The fact that this room clearly had a working temperature unit was no cause for comfort.

“So who wants to check the table and who wants to open the weird body doors.”

“Not it” Yongseok yelled putting a finger on his nose (1). Shin rolled his eyes but copied the motion himself, Casper was next followed by Sangmin, Takuya and finally Seyoung.

 

“Okay” Shin clapped his hands and grinned “Seyoung was last so he gets the body doors and Takuya was second last so he gets the table.”

Takuya groaned and made his way towards the table.
“Lift it upwards so the noting gets damaged” Shin instructed smirking. Takuya threw a glare over his shoulder and hesitated with one had over the sheet. He shot another glance at the group standing just inside the doorway.

“Okay deep breath, there are no body parts on the table.”

There were in fact no body parts on the table. There were an odd assortment on pipettes, beakers and medical equipment all relatively modern and kept in clean and working order.

“Well creepy but it could have been worse” Shin commented from less than a foot behind him.

“Holy ” Takuya jumped and clutched at his chest “don’t do that.”

The whole lot of them had moved across the room to stand behind him at some point while he was looking at the stuff on the table.

“Okay, Seyoung’s turn.”

 

They all turned to stare at the eldest who looked decidedly unhappy about having to open any of the doors. He however took less time that Takuya to get up the courage to open the first door. It was empty, a large suspicious stain did cover a large amount of the roll out tray.

“Gross” Seyoung muttered. Shin gestured for him to keep going to the next door.

He did. The next four were all the same. Empty. One more had another stain this one slightly smaller. By the time Seyoung reached the sixth he was getting bored. He was no longer careful or hesitant about opening any of the door which was why he jumped and fell backwards with a shriek the others stumbled back in shock.

This one did have something inside. A body covered in a white sheet still mostly inside the dark steel tube. Dark blue-ish hair stuck out the far end.

“Oh dear god” Yongseok groaned and his vice grip returned although this time both hands were clinging to Takuya’s arm. The older also held onto the younger, this was by far the worst thing they had found so far.

Shin sensed that Seyoung wasn’t going to do anything more than crawl backwards away from the body locker.

The leader walked slowly towards the locker and gripped the handle at the end of the tray to pull it out the rest of the way. Then he was the one to stumble back. Sangmin made some sort of startled noise and Yongseok drew in a sharp breath huddling closer to Takuya.

“What is it” Takuya frowned.

“It’s” Shin stopped to breath before trying again “it’s Minwoo. He used to be in the ward with us. He left a month before you showed up. They, they said he was better, he was allowed to go home.”

 

Takuya could hear the tears in their leader voice. Beside him Yongseok was shaking and the red head buried his face in Takuya’s shoulder. Takuya wrapped his arms around the youngest.

“Let’s get out of here” Casper interjected “Now come on. We’ve found enough.”

Shin carefully rolled Minwoo back into the locker and closed the door. They all hurried out, not bothering to put the sheet back on the table, turn the light off or close the door behind them.

 

They had just lost sight of the morgue room when they heard footsteps approaching from the opposite direction. Shin stopped dead looking around for somewhere for them to hide. As the footsteps drew closer the leader shoved Takuya and Yongseok backward towards the room. He kept pushing them until they came across one of the open top half door. The leader shoved them at the opening. Takuya quickly clambered through and helped Yongseok after him. The Shin scrambled over and Seyoung dragging Sangmin behind him.

Casper was about to follow when the footsteps stopped. The exercise freak gave the others hiding in the room a quick glance before he took off back towards the morgue.

 

“Hey” a yell echoed down the hall. The footsteps started up again this time faster. The thunder down the hall and passed the half opening in a brief flash of tan fabric to follow Casper.

“Go quickly” Shin choked. The all climbed back into the hall way and stood silently for a moment until there was a loud yell from the direction of the morgue.

“Go” Shin said again, he took off running in the opposite direction back towards the room with the cribs, the other on his heels.

They ran all the way down the hall and through the room, one or two of the cribs tried to hurl themselves at them again but the missed and soon they were all out the door and sprinting down the corridor. The stopped briefly at the top of the stairs before Seyoung took the lead with a brief breathless “this way.”

He led them through the children’s hospital and the closed half of their psych ward until a barely conscious Yongseok was locking them back in their rooms. The youngest struggled to relock his own barred door before throwing the clock had into the corner of his room and collapsing onto his bed sobbing quietly.

 

Takuya felt like he was dying inside. Next door Shin was repeatedly banging his fist into the wall before screaming into his pillow. Sangmin was hiccupping and sobbing, making noises like a wounded animal. Seyoung wasn’t making any noise but they had all seen the tears in his eyes. Yongseok had either run out of tears and energy to cry or out. Takuya rolled over to stare at the wall. What were they going to do now?


So that happened.

1- Just as a side note, although I was born in washington DC I have been living in Australia most of my life, since around the middle of second grade and in my primary school we had a thing that we did when we were picking who would be the bad guy and who would be the super hero (I was one of those kids) the other groups used it for tiggy and 44 home and sardines and whatever games the played where the needed someone to be it. You would have to say 'not it' and put your finger on your nose and you'd have to do both, whoever was last was it. Eventually it was only the last person to touch their nose who was it you didn't have to do both, that was just what Yongseok got them doing. I just thought I'd explain it if you didn't understand but you probably do this was just in case.

Any way I hope you enjoyed.