Chapter 29 - The SHINee World, pt. 5 (Last)

I'm in Love with a Fangirl

 

RECAP

As the song continued on, Jonghyun, with his tears wept away with his towel, ended the song soulfully. "Ijeneun geuraedo dwaejyo geurungeojyo~"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The five boys held hands, grasping onto each others' tightly, as they all took their final bow. How did the boys describe the feeling they felt after their last number? Euphoria. It was the best thing they have ever felt in their whole showbiz life ever. They never expected the stadium to be filled with thousands of fans from all around South Korea – Asia, even. They thought that artists only feel pressured and fatigue when they perform onstage, but they felt otherwise. 

The crew behind the successful concert finally appeared as they took the stage together with their boys, one by one. Lining up together on stage, they held hands with one another once again and bowed as a sign of great gratitude for attending the said concert. They might have not performed in front of the huge crowd, but they sure did feel the contentment their boys felt.


"Alright, alright. It's time to announce the winners of our online contest!"

Fans began cheering and screaming; they took out their phones and listed down the usernames of the people they have talked to from a few months back, hoping that, maybe, one of them could actually be a SHINee member. One person kept the username jjong-a-hong. Another one kept a display name bumkeyk. A few of the other people took down MinTae1993, sangtae-effect, flames120991, and hundred other usernames from the chatbox.

Minjee nudged her sister by the elbow and passed her her own phone, the screen showing the Notes application with SHINeeJinki typed in. "Here, keep this just in case you want to see your lovely Jonghyun face-to-face," she added, chuckling.

"Hah. We wish..." Minyoung said, her voice trailing off slowly. Nevertheless, she clutched onto her younger sister's phone and stared straight ahead along with the latter.

"The crew will be pulling out random people from the stage per section," the current emcee said, "and will be asked to present any name they have collected. We will have our SHINee boys," she added, gesturing her, hand holding a cue card, towards the five men, "to be the judges of this raffle. Are you guys ready?"

The girls began shouting in glee once again. "Without further ado, let's begin!" And the search finally began. The bouncers started spreading out to every section of the stadium and pulled out random fangirls from their places. A fangirl, who was a few rows away from the two, was pulled out from the crowd. I should have been that girl! Minyoung thought, her face scrunching altogether in mere jealousy.

The chosen girls got up on stage a few moments after being pulled from the audience and appeared in between the boys and the emcee. "We have our first set of ladies here, ladies and gentlemen! Let's see if they got the chances of winning." The emcee then asked for the usernames the ladies took and, unfortunately, all of them were sent back to their seats as none of them got the username right.

Another set of fans were picked out from the crowd. The fanboy a few seats away from their right was picked out, earning a lot of envious glares and sighs from the other fans, especially from Minjee and Minyoung. As the fans stepped on the stage, they quickly flashed their phones to the emcee. "Ah, what is this? SHINeeJinki?" The latter cooed as she saw the name on the boy's screen, her expression lightening up.

SHINeeJinki. Minjee's ears perked up from the name, snatching the phone from her sister's grasp. "What the heck–" 

"Oh, no no~ This is SHINeeJinggi, rather." The emcee apolgized, waving a hand to quickly dismiss herself from her little mistake. "Did any of you boys use this username?"

The boys looked from one person to another. Jonghyun pointed a finger at Onew, giving his hyung a queestioning look. Onew lifted the mic up and began speaking. "It's really, really close, but it's not the one."

Little did Minjee know that she was holding her breath as she let out her breath, heaving slowly and heavily. She held her phone close to her chest, saying to herself, "Thank goodness it's jinggi not jinki."

The fans were sent down from the stage, and the bounces went on with a new set. A few more ladies were pulled out, and none of them were Minjee nor Minyoung. Everyone had names like syai-nim, Blinger, taemushroom, flaMinho_09, Divalicious, onthighs, 05252008, and many more – but none of these names matched any of the boys' name in mind.

After a few minutes of pulling and calling, the emcee finally spoke up. "We're down to the last group of fans for tonight. If none will be crowned as the winner, then you may send in your pick thru our e-mail." The bouncers got down from the stage for the last time and went for their respective places.

Minjee's cheeks were burning from excitement; Minyoung was pushing her sister towards the guard who was now approaching her as he held his hand out to her. Nervously, she grapsed onto his hand with her other hand, and she let him lead her out of the crowd. The fans around her area were clapping for her. Some were giving her death glares, but she did not mind at all. Crap, will this be really it?

The five other fans had their smiles plastered on their faces, confident that they would win. All Minjee could do was bite on her lower lip in slight embarrassment – embarrassment from having the guts to come up on stage.

"Let's have our first fan. Come here, dear!" The emcee said, waving her cue card towards the fan who was seated along with the people by the VIP section. Obediently, the fan scooted towards the emcee's side and looked up at her idols with adoration and excitement. 

"What's your name?" 

"I'm Kim Jinhee!" The girl named Jinhee greeted, bowing.

"Did you get to talk to a lot of Shawols there, sweetheart?"

Jinhee nodded fervently, grinning along. "I did! And I'm positive that this person is one of them," she said, pointing towards SHINee, specifically Taemin. "I got this name prettyboy and maybe, it's Taemin oppa who's behind it."

Instantly, the maknae shook his head in disapproval. "I'm sorry, but I was never really into this kind of thing. Thank you for trying, though," he announced, bowing his head deeply at Jinhee, who began storming out of the stage, her eyes becoming a little watery. Minho pat the maknae's back as he looked at her apologetically.

"Well... That's something," the emcee commented, tipping her head sideways as she shrugs. "Moving on! Let's have– Ooh, let's have you. You, right over there!" She exclaimed, pointing at Minjee. The latter pointed a finger at her in utter confusion, but was pulled towards the emcee's side by one of the crew members.

Onew's eyes darted quicky towards the familar physique of the woman beside them. As the emcee asked for her name, what he heard from the female was "Jang Minjee." Jang Minjee! His eyes popped out from its sockets as he drifted his attention towards her. His attention was completely on hers now when Jonghyun nudged him by the elbow quite obviously, making the leader hush the junior in silence.

"Let's see what you got there, Minjee-ssi."

Minjee lit her phone screen open, aware that all eyes were on her now. Because she was too shy to announce the name that she got, she just showed it to the emcee. To her surprise, the emcee gasped.

"SHINeeJinki! It's similar to the name we got earlier, right?"

The fans nodded in agreement. Minjee didn't know what to do anymore. All she wanted to do was get out of the stage and go home already. The bubble of her thoughts was then popped as she felt a person walked closely behind her. The person probably had a mic with him; she felt the guard band against her hair now, making her shiver from the proximity of the person behind her to her.

"That's me."

That's me. That's me. That's me. Her eyelids swiftly flew open. She then felt a pair of strong arms around her, locking her in a tight hug. She looked up only to see – holy crap! – Onew. The fans began screaming in awe at the adorable sight in front of them. Even the rest of the SHINee members looked at them with cheesy smiles. 

Onew took the chance to speak in front of the crowd as he put the mic close to his mouth and said, "This girl right here. This girl was solely the reason why I'm becoming a little sleepless nowadays." He chuckled, shaking his head to dismiss himself from this thoughts. "Nevertheless, it was a good kind of sleepless nights. She kept me company while I was there, and she was one of the most honest people I've met.

"I've wanted to tell her ever since, but I never had the guts to. Now that the time has come..." He let his words trail behind as he let go of her, spinning her around. "Jang Minjee, meet Lee Jinki. AKA, SHINeeJinki. AKA, the person who, apparently, loves you to death," he said, showing her his famous toothy grin.

Before Onew continued on with his mini monlogue, another person was heard coming up the stage. To Minjee's surprise, it was none other than her sister, Minyoung! The crew member placed her sister beside Jonghyun, who then gaped at the sight of her sister with surprise and...was struck badly. His cheeks suddenly began to change its color as it turned into salmon pink, earning a laugh from Minyoung herself.

Minjee couldn't help but laugh along. This was her lifelong dream – to meet SHINee. To see and meet Onew and to see her sister meet Jonghyun were only the minor ones. She felt relieved. Too relieved. And now that this may be the start of a new friendship with the boys – and hopefully, a new life with Onew – she knew that her life would never be the same again.


... Don't kill me for the lamest update ever. ; ;
I cry. But hey, it's finally done! Thanks to my friend who's into Onew fics nowadays again. He he.
I thank you guys for sticking with me for almost 5 years.
Call me a lazy- for not updating this fanfic, but I've totally lost my mood to finish this. q n q
I guess I made this update just so that I can move on with this baby of mine.

For the last time,
subsribers and comments are loved. 

 

P.S. New fanfic coming! Stay tuned. ;)