Chapter 23 - Preparations, part 2

I'm in Love with a Fangirl

RECAP

Onew just smiled at everyone as they were having their own conversation with each other. Everything was going as he’s planned in his mind.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The boys went inside the van, all dressed in their sweat shirts and jogging pants, and the van started up and made its way to Seoul Olympic Stadium. The short trip was quiet as everyone was trying to make themselves feel busy. Their manager was at the front seat, holding a phone call, Onew and Jonghyun were sharing earphones, Key was playing Candy Crush Saga on his iPhone, and Minho and Taemin were playing with the front camera of Minho’s iPad. Relieving is what they are all trying to do because they know that they will have a long day ahead.

A few minutes passed, and they have reached the basement of the stadium. They parked the van near the door leading to the backstage, where everyone went out one by one. The boys entered the door with their manager following behind while the stylists, coming from the inside, went to the compartment of the fan to get the performance outfits of the boys.

“Please prepare inside the stadium for we’ll start our rehearsals in a moment,” one of the PD-nims said, passing by the newcomers.

SHINee and their manager nodded and went straight to their dressing room. Upon placing their things inside, the boys exited the room and went straight towards the stairs which lead them to the stage. The boys looked around and their jaw dropped in amazement. They never realized that the stadium would be so big. Sure, they have been travelling with their fellow labelmates, but they never realized that being on top of the stage felt like being on top of the world.

“Never imagined we’d be standing here as one group…” Onew mumbled to himself while his eyes roam around the big dome.

“Now, we’ve reached our goal, hyung.” Jonghyun slumped his arm around Onew as he breathed out an audible sigh.

Key, Minho, and Taemin approached the two boys on stage and slumped their arms around each other. They have never felt this successful. They never thought that they would be able to own the stage for many hours in one night along with their supportive fans.

The intimate moment was then cut off when the stage manager walked up to them with a clipboard on his hands. “Come here, you five. Let’s discuss about how the concert will go…”

 

The boys were told to sing their songs from the debut period up to the new releases respectively. In between, intermissions would be done with them doing their own rendition of the popular “Amazing Grace,” and “Tie a Yellow Ribbon around the Old Oak Tree.” After the two songs, the members would finally show the fans what they are capable of through their solo performances. First up was Jonghyun who would be singing Wheesung’s “Girls,” followed by Minho who would be performing Usher’s “OMG” along with his good friend, Simon D. Next to him was Taemin who would be performing their track “Romeo + Juliette,” Key who would be doing a duet with Krystal for 3OH!3’s “My First Kiss,” and lastly, Onew, who would be showing off everyone his specialty in doing opera through Puccini’s song from Turandot, “Nessun Dorma.”

The first member to practice was Jonghyun. The other members went down the stage to watch their bandmate perform. Jonghyun, who was a bit tensed, was facing a turntable system with the mixing program on powered by the laptop, the turntables at the other side, and the other mixing tabs in front. He had never tried playing with the turntables since he was in junior high, but thanks to the stage director’s concern, he let him play with the turntable. He tried mixing and producing sounds from the laptop and tried putting sounds effects using the turntables. He was a musician, and he knew how to produce music. The practice that he did was more like a song that he could actually release together with the new songs for their future album.

Following Jonghyun was the charismatic Minho. He stepped on the stage together with his partner, Simon D. His back-up dancers were already on the stage, warming up for the dry run. Stretching his arms and twisting his body from side to side, he recited the lyrics of the song he prepared in case he will forget his lines. After a few minutes, he finally started practicing. His body gracefully danced with the beat of the music, as if they were meant to be synchronized. As he was dancing to the song, he could feel his body tense up. He was exerting all of his energy while performing. With his y dance steps and his amazing dancing skills, even the PD-nims started fangirling quietly in front, watching the handsome boy perform on stage. Along came Simon D., who was responsible for rapping. As he was rapping as excellent and quick as Outsider, Minho was at the center, trying to think of steps that he can use. Even though he wasn’t that much prepared, he knew that it will come out like a masterpiece.

Next to Minho was Taemin. Walking to the stage, he placed his hand on top of his chest, feeling his heart skip a few beats. He was nervous as hell. He never performed on stage alone. Will I do well? As he watched his back-up dancers prepare, he saw his hyungs who were near the steps of the stage, cheering “Hwaiting!” and “You can do it!” silently at him. He felt his heart loosen up a bit as he replied to his hyungs quietly, “Aja!” As the song played, he started it off with his voice sounding like a sweet whisper. His voice was shaky, but it did not stop him from practicing. The song dropped a beat, and suddenly he started to pop and sway his body. His choreography fitted perfectly with the song since he was known for being the lead dancer of the group. His body swayed with the rhythm of the song, his face full of passion and determination. I hope I can capture everyone’s hearts with this surprise…

It was now time for Key to practice. He was now on the stage with his duet, Krystal. He was wearing his shades just so that he could perform well. He walked towards Krystal as soon as the song started booming “my first kiss went a little like this,” doing kissy sounds in front of her. She was laughing so hard that she did not do her part after his. The pair, who looked like a real couple, acted so natural on stage. They were playing with themselves by teasing each other with kisses. He always had the guts to go first, but he always gets rejected by her, as that was part of the performance. As the song ended, the two of them posed at the center of the stage, panting and looking at each other. They knew that they would make the fans go crazy during the concert.

Onew was sitting by the stairs of the stage when Jonghyun stopped by in front of him. "Hyung, it's your turn now."

"A-already? Arasseo, arasseo," Onew replied as he idly shoved the paper he was holding inside his pocket. He stood up and wobbled up to the stage, preparing for his turn to practice.


언녕~
Hehehe. It's been a while, hasn't it?
Sooo. Sorry I was out for a month or so.
I had out term exams last week AND I had to attend KPOP Republic.

...like zomg. BAEKHYUN LOOKED AT ME. *is Bacon-biased*
LIKE HOLY SHIAT.
THEN KEY WAS WAVING AT US AND WE WERE LIKE:


AND I SWEAR. ONEW LOOKED LIKE A GOD. Omf.
/dead.

Okay. Stories later. XD
I still need to read "City of Bones."
ㅋㅋㅋ. Ppai~

Komento ya sabusukuraiba ga aisa rete iru~ ♥