Chapter 20 - Long distance...friendship?

I'm in Love with a Fangirl

RECAP

...As the door opened, her jaw dropped as she saw five, shining men inside with their manager and their coordinator noona.

It is SHINee.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

*knock knock*

Minyoung, who was on the couch with her laptop, suddenly darted her eyes on the door. "Eomma! Jeejee's home." She exclaimed, putting the laptop beside her.

Outside the door was a pretty ecstatic Minjee. Smiling at her sister and at her mother who was sitting on the couch, she went her way to the bedroom and lied down on her bed. "OH MY GOD THEY LOOK SO TALL, SO HANDSOME, SO GORGEOUS~" She sang, rolling on the bed like a buffalo. "SO CUTE, SO –" She was cut off when she saw the SHINee poster on her wall. "Since when did you guys beome so perfect to my eyes?" She sighs, closing her eyes.

...

"Minjee~ Minjee~ Why aren't you online?" Onew frowned. After eating at Starbucks, the group headed back to their dorm and went back to their usual doings. Jonghyun lying on the bed listening to his iPod, Minho and Taemin using the laptop, Key getting ready for bed and Onew playing with his iPad. 

"Hyung, what are you doing?" Jonghyun irritatedly asked, looking at him. "You're waiting for that Minjee girl to go online?" He continued.

"For your information, she's not JUST a girl." He said, acting all intelligent and all. "In fact, she's the gravy to my chicken; it makes me feel warm and loved."

Jonghyun laughed and threw a throw pillow at him. Onew got hit and glared at . "Oww, sorry hyung." He bowed his head a bit.

Onew put his focus back on the iPad as he kept sending messages to his close friend.

"Hey hyung?" Jonghyun asked, looking at him. "You better sleep now because we still have to practice for our comeback during the concert. We have a few days left before the d-day, hyung." He continued, getting a bit worried.

Oh right, the practice. "Err, I'll go to bed after I send my message. You can...go ahead." He said.


 

Inboxyou (Jang Minjee)

SHINeeJinki [block] on 9-1-2011 22:34:09 says: Minjee~ Minjee~ MINJEE! Where are you? QAQ

...

SHINeeJinki [block] on 9-1-2011 23:02:52 says: OTL Miinjee I HAVE SOMETHING TO TELL YOU. ;A;

...

SHINeeJinki [block] on 9-2-2011 12:03:27 says: I guess I'll just wait for you to come here tomorrow. Good night, chingu! ^^

 


"A.mi.go! Keunyeol boda naega michyeo. A.mi.go! Iri sone an jabhyeo. A.mi.go! Yonggi nae naneun pitch up! Eoddeokhae eoddeokhae... A.mi–"

 

The alarm of her phone was turned off as a groggy Minjee jolted up from bed. Her eyes were still half-way closed and her hair was in a disaster. She got her phone on top of the table and went inside the bathroom to wash up.

"What time is it anyway?" She asked herself. She looked at the phone's clock and said, "9:36am. Good enough." She yawned and put down her phone. She took a short bath and dressed up in a refreshing house outfit. She went in front of the mirror and brushed her hair, sporting a plain ponytail. She got her phone and got access to their own WiFi services. She visited the obile version of the chatbox and –

"WHAT IS THIS?!" She whispered loudly, not wanting to hear her voice from upstairs. Scrunching her eyebrows together and blinking, she checked her inbox. She was so surprised to see 28 new messages from her online friend Jinki. Though, even if it did pissed her at first, the fact that someone—a guy, in particular—was looking for her, it made her smile. She went through 28 crazy messages and she thought that replying back might make him happy, at least. So, she sat down on her bed and typed in her message."


 

Inbox  SHINeeJinki (Jinksters)

you [block] on 9-2-2011 09:45:13 says: Jinky-jinks! Hey, I missed you! ^^ Oh, by the way, I'm sorry if I wasn't here last night. D: I was exhausted from the fan meeting. Boy I wish you were there. :'( Anyway, just wanna keep you updated with the boys. :D They're holding the concert this September 22! A day before Key's birthday! ♥ Can't you believe it! ;u; Well, you're coming to the concert right? :D Maybe, we can meet up before the concert! ^-^ It'd be a lovely idea! I'd finally see you and I can finally spazz with you while waiting for the gates to open. I can also finally have the time to tell you lots and lots of stories! OMFG. I am freakin' excited! ;A; Anyway, I hope to see you there, Jinks. ... Good morning, by the way. :) AND THANKS FOR THE MESSAGES. OTL

 


"...and we're done!" Choreographer Shim Jaewon cheerfully shouted. He applauded to the boys who did an excellent job in singing and dancing and to the back-up dancers who tried their best to execute the dance moves well. "Congratulations, everyone! You guys deserve a rest." He smiled.

Everyone bowed at everyone and said, "Congratulations! You did a great job." Patting everyone's shoulder for their hard work, Onew exited the Seoul Olympics Stadium and went down to the nearest café, wearing a gray hoodie and black Rayban glasses. He entered the café and saw that he was the only customer around. Good. He went to the counter and ordered a caramel latte and some honey-glazed donuts. He paid for his order and went to the couch. Sitting down, he granted access to their WiFi. He went to his home page, which is the chatbox, and was surprised by a message left by none other than Minjee.

"She was on 3 hours ago?" He hissed at himself and frowned. He places his elbow on top of the arm rest and let his head rest on top of his palm. "What to say, what to say~" He said, tapping his feet on the carpet floor. He stopped his tapping as a lady in a working outfit approached him.

"Uhm, sir? Here's your caramel latte and your–" The lady was cut off when Onew looked up at him.

"Thank you." He smiled at her. The lady bowed, astonished of who's in front of her. She smiled back like a secret fangirl and went back to the counter happily.

He got his attention back to the inbox and slowly entered his message. After typing in the message, he pressed the "Send" message and sat back, grabbing a bite of the donut.

...

"Hyung?" Key tapped Jonghyun's back. The 4 guys were inside the dressing room, resting. Jonghyun and Taemin were sitting at the chairs in front of the dresser. Minho and Key were at the back, sitting at the couch.

"Yeah? What's the matter?"

"Have you seen Onew hyung? I've been trying to send him messages but he isn't replying." He frowned, looking at his complexion on the mirror.

"Oh, he stopped by the near café and rested there instead. He told me that he wanted to smell the brewing coffee so that he could relax more." He shrugged.


 

Inbox — you (Jang Minjee)

SHINeeJinki [block] at 9-2-2011 12:50:24 says: Minjee! You were online awhile ago? ALSKJDLASKJXLAKJSNX. Okay, it's totally alright. I knew you were there during the fan meeting. XD And, about the concert... Of course I'll be here! :D Wouldn't wanna miss it for the whole world. ;) Yes we should meet up. QAQ OMG. I've been wanting to talk to you since forever. LMAO. But yeah of course we should. :) I'll just tell you more details on how we can meet, arasseo? Have a nice day ahead!

 


3:02PM

Minjee woke up from her afternoon sleep and grabbed her phone. She saw a notification from her phone, saying that someone messaged her. It's gotta be Jinki. Her eyes quickly widened and her fingers instantly searched for the WiFi hotspot. She joined in and visited her bookmarks, pressing the chatbox logo. She checked the mobile website and her hunch was right: it was Jinki. She plastered a huge smile and checked the message. Her smile suddenly turned into a grin as she started to hug the pillow with excitement and ecstasy.

"Don't worry Jinki. We'll be able to meet in no time." She said to herself, smiling.


Well, howdy y'all~ 8D
Damn it, I came back from the dead. /shot.
Anyway, it feels great to write a new chapter for this 2-year-old story. XD

I know this wasn't a great update but please do tell me your thoughts about it. ouo;

 

comments and subbies are loved. ♥