Chapter 16 - An evening of Minjee

I'm in Love with a Fangirl

 

RECAP

I have to tell Jinki about this! I'm sure he still doesn't know about the teaser.

- - - - - - - - - -

Onew made his way into his room, closing the door behind him with his leg as his hands were occupied by the tray of snacks and a can of Coke. He settled his tray down and made himself comfortable on his bed. As his head lowered to view his laptop on the level of his lap, a few strains of hair fell down, disrupting him. Onew sighed in annoyance. The shiny brown colour mocked him of the new hairstyle for their new promotion. He blew it away out of laziness to grab anything nearby to tie it up. Adding to his frustration, the hair fell again. The radiance of it against the laptop’s light made its appearance. Rolling off bed, he grabbed the nearest headband he could find under a pile of shirts a member had thrown. Pushing his hair back, the feeling of refreshment entered him. Onew didn’t like much of the new hair as it is. He thanked the power of his hairstylist for making the hairstyle bearable with the help of a spray can and brushes.

The computer light shone at every inch of his face. Finally he gave out a smile feeling free from the clutches of his soft hair. The smile however, wasn’t so much for the freedom but more on the thought of meeting his female comrade on the Internet. He didn’t feel much of shyness for coming there so often anymore.

Minjee had made it comfortable enough to go there.

It was always a natural thought to Onew to think how shameless it was to log into SHINee’s fan website. He didn’t mind if he were to actually talk to his fans. But to go under disguise, the awkwardness was a foreign feeling to him. But no more. The obliviousness of using his own name along with the band’s at the front of it made him feel less weird though.

Onew went to the chat room, always being his first destination as he ignores the minimal notifications he gets. Scanning, scanning, he was trying to find her name under the heavy traffic of the evening chatting session. His smile disappeared after waiting for five minutes, just listening to the many pop sounds it made every time someone posted something Onew didn’t give a single attention to unless it was written by the user ‘crufjeff’. Stuffing himself with a handful of chips, he moved his clean finger on the touch pad and went to his own page.

Might as well check whatever I got while I’m here.

Onew thought with a sigh, letting out a cheese-smelling breath. His arched back straightened seeing the wonderful username on the wall of his profile. He smiled as he began reading the wall message with the picture of Minjee in his mind.

‘Jinki oppa! I haven’t been able to come to the chat room all that often now! But hey, I thought I’d say hye here. Have you seen the pictures for SHINee’s Lucifer?! They look awesome! Anyway, hit me back once you get this, I miss talking to you! ^^’

A grin widened onto Onew’s face. Biting his lip slightly, he reread the message over three times, it was the most beautiful message he had gotten on the website. The thought that him and Minjee had never talked wall-to-wall before didn’t enter his head, all he cared about was clicking her name and dropping a message on her profile, hoping she would get a mutual feeling upon seeing his name.

A few minutes passed by and a bag of chips were now empty. Onew leaned against his pillow, mumbling the lyrics of a random song put to shuffle on his laptop while his fingers. He felt like the bed was his fortress, getting a rest from all the photo shoots of ‘Lucifer’, he was one to be very good at loafing during promotions regardless of him being a leader. Responsibilities were not to be ignored though. Never. It was one of Onew’s principles to keep his position as a leader. Wiping his fingers with a tissue, he then clicked the refresh button for the fourth time. To his surprise, a notification came up.

With a fist in the air, Onew began preparing himself for a few good hours of internet chatting. Feeling excited about talking to one called Minjee again. As though his fortress gave him energy to type wildly that night, he ignored all signs of the members coming in and out of the room just to see if he was still aware of the world of reality and continued cruising around the fan site.

Onew cared only for Minjee that night. 

 


Crufjeff here! I'll be updating a few chapters while ShawolSone06 is a little busy at the moment. Time to pull my weight as the co-author! Woot.

 

Subscribers + Comments = ♥