Take Me Back (Wonwoo x OC)

Seventeen Drabbles

Requested by Shackalacka

Song: Hold Me Tight by BTS
Member: Wonwoo
Ship: Wonwoo x OC
Genre: Angst, Romance
Word Count: 693
Never again.

"Please hold me again"

There were tears sticking your eyelashes together, and I remember your lower lip trembling slightly. Your hair was flying with the wind, eager to be gone even while you weren’t, and mine was still, steadfastly clinging to my skull. Your delicate, spindly fingers were fidgeting, worrying at the hem of your shirt, and I remember a raindrop falling from the eyes of the sky just before the tears fell from yours, and even though the rain had started to soak into your clothes, your hair, your makeup, you didn’t move, your mouth forming words left unsaid. You looked up at me, and your kohl-lined eyes were unfamiliar, the old you was still somewhere inside you, but there was none of you in your eyes. Your brown irises didn’t sparkle anymore with that flame of mirth, the amusement like you knew something I didn’t, but your lips still moved, mouthing the outlines of words you knew I’d said to you once, once upon a time.

 

But finally, you closed your eyes, the tears mingling with the rainwater, and then you opened them to stare at me, and you were the same as when I’d first met you: cold, distant, unwelcoming; a stranger. And then you said two words, the same ones you’d said the first time I’d met you, and the only differences from then were the setting, your appearance, the way those two words were said, with emotion your eyes didn’t hold.

 

“Good luck,” you said, your voice trembling, and then you turned and walked away from me, just like you had when I first met you, and the words I had wanted to say died on my tongue.

 

 

The rain pours down over the city, filling the air with mist and moisture, and Wonwoo stares blankly at the darkened ceiling of his room, thinking. His apartment was big, luxurious, spacious, but it was also... empty. 

It wasn't supposed to be like this. Wonwoo had been happy, they had been happy until just a week ago, when their petty arguments had caused a rift between them, and it had all gone wrong from there, but Wonwoo was regretting every word that had led up to the break. 

"Maybe we should take a break." 

"What was I thinking?" Wonwoo asks the room, and is replied by the silence of the apartment, cold and bleak and devoid of the warmth he used to know, and he knows what he has to do. This silence was killing him, and if he knew her at all, the silence in her apartment was killing her, too. 

Time to fix things.

The rain pours down over the city, filling the air with mist and moisture, and Hyeri shivers as she pulls her jacket tighter around her shoulders, a plastic bag dangling limply from her numbing fingers. The silence in her apartment was deafening, overwhelming, suffocating, but the rain wasn't much better, and it wasn't doing her any good that she'd forgotten to bring an umbrella with her. 

"Good luck."

"What was I thinking?" Hyeri asks herself through the rain, and the only response is her own sneeze before she ducks into the shelter of a building, carding fingers through her rain-soaked hair. Maybe she's crying, maybe it's just the raindrops spilling down her cheeks, but through the mist, she thinks she sees a familiar figure padding through the rain. Wonwoo? 

The figure comes closer, and Hyeri rubs at her eyes, disbelieving. It can't be. But then a pair of arms snake around her neck and pull her into a warm, solid, oh-so-familiar body, and now she's definitely crying. "Wonwoo," she sobs, wrapping her own arms around his waist, and neither of them care that she's soaking wet and soaking through Wonwoo's coat because neither of them is going to let go of the other, not again.

"Never again," they say in unison, and they looks at each other and laugh. "Come on, let's get you dry," Wonwoo says, and leads the way into Hyeri's apartment, and they spend the night talking and laughing and regretting every word that led up to the break.

Never again.


 

 

 

I hope this was to your liking!
I usually hate writing angst, but the song was really good for this story, so I had fun writing it.
If you didn't like how this turned out, please do request again!
here, have some wonwoo

 
 

Please leave me a comment if you enjoyed!