We're Here Now. (Samuel, Junhui, Doyoon)

Seventeen Drabbles

 

 

Requested by JongkeyDonkey69

Song: y Boy by Air
Members: Doyoon, Junhui, Samuel
Ship: None
Genre: Drama
Word Count: 476
WARNING: Swearing. You have been warned.

It's the Vietnamese War and Samuel is trapped in the underground tunnels. 

"Where are your heroes?"

Junhui stumbles as the vines, winding their way across the jungle floor, catch his ankles and pull him unceremoniously to the ground. He curses, flails to his feet, falls down again, curses again, profanities spilling from his mouth like water from a waterfall. The soldier lies there, exhausted, for a while, as long as it takes Doyoon to catch up with him, and the elder boy pulls him up briskly, wordlessly, then continues his ceaseless pace. "ing war," Junhui mutters, following Doyoon as he picks his way diligently through the overgrown jungle. "ing Vietnamese," he says, louder, and Doyoon sends him a reproachful look, as if to say, Save your energy, but Junhui doesn't care. "ing guerilla warfare," he continues, swatting at a cloud of mosquitoes hovering over his shoulder, his footfalls becoming more agitated, and Doyoon, busy cutting off the sleeves on his uniform, rolls his eyes, but doesn't interrupt Junhui's rant. "ing underground tunnels. ing kids who get lost and captured," he continues, then immediately regrets everything, not least as Doyoon turns around slowly, eyes narrowed and flashing in that way they do only when Doyoon gets particularly angry.

"Not another word until we find Samuel. Got it?" 

Junhui gulps and nods, and not a sound is heard from him for exactly twelve minutes.

Samuel shivers, a chill running down his spine as something crawls across his feet. "H-hello?" he stammers, mouth finally free of the gag. "Is anybody there?" When he's met with no response other than the echoing of his own voice, he groans and shifts his weight against the wall of the tunnel, trying to pull his limbs free of the ropes binding them. He doesn't get anywhere, and the ropes almost seem to tighten, constricting his bloodflow and numbing his hands and feet. "Help," Samuel whimpers finally, drawing in on himself. He thinks of his friends, so close they almost feel like brothers, and shivers again, goosebumps erupting on his flesh. As he shifts again, trying to regain feeling in his fingers, he displaces a cloud of dust and sneezes, once, twice, three times at the tickling sensation invading his nose. His eyes are watering when he finally stops sneezing, and he lets his eyes flutter shut.

"—muel! Samuel! Samuel!" 

There's a voice, from far, far away, loud and insistent and digging its way into Samuel's mind, and his eyes flicker open slowly. Two figures, blurred and dim in the faint light of the torches, sway into focus, and Samuel begins to make out the kind sparkle of Doyoon's eyes, and the keen shine in Junhui's. "Guys," he says weakly, slumping forwards into Doyoon's lap, and two pairs of hands pat his back soothingly. 

"It's okay," Doyoon says distantly, and Samuel can feel the fingers of sleep beginning to pull him back. "We've got you. It's all right now."


 

 

 

Okay I was a little confused by your request so I hope this was up to your standards
If you didn't like it, please do request again!
I'm very sorry.
here have the boys

 
   

Please leave me a comment if you enjoyed!