Into Darkness (Junghan x OC)

Seventeen Drabbles

Because I was bored and couldn't sleep.

Song: Hyde by VIXX
Member: Junghan
Ship: Junghan x OC
Genre: Fantasy, romance
Word Count: 367 
Junghan thought he had nothing to live for — until he remembered.

"I’m disappearing into the deep darkness, won’t you hold my hand?"

 

The darkness threatens to pull me in, its promise of oblivion tempting and yet terrifying. I take a step forward, a step backward, my mind split in two — succumb to the darkness; surrender to the light. The broken, tattered wings behind me depend upon the ground, dragging across the dirt, and the memories of soaring through clouds have me taking a step back. 

 

But to what? My broken wings were just that — broken, and everyone knew that angels’ wings never healed. 

 

It would be less painful to submit, let myself be conquered by the darkness, to never have to remember the joyful feeling. 

 

There's a dragging sound, a strangled intake of breath, and no sooner have I identified the sound as my own than I fall to my knees, hands grabbing at an unseen impediment of their own accord. And suddenly, the weight on my chest disappears, and an image surfaces in my mind; a girl. She's beautiful, all bright eyes and pretty lips and dainty fingers, but the image is incomplete, her body obscured by a fog, and my chest squeezes once more. I can’t remember her, and yet I remember her better than I do my own name. I clench my eyes shut, trying desperately to see more of her, but then my eyes snap open at a bright light and it’s her, cutting through the darkness like a beacon of light, and I know.

 

And the ground shakes, the gaping abyss opening up, and my eyes widen in shock, and I’m falling, and falling, and falling, hands clapped over my head to shield myself from the falling dirt and stones, even though it wouldn’t make a difference if I died by dirt or height. That doesn’t halt my screams, however, as I fall through space, my wings flapping uselessly as I fight to keep from falling into the darkness, because now that I’ve seen the light, I never want to go to the shadows. 

 

A hand closes around my own and I’m no longer falling, a grunt escaping my lips at the sudden halt before I’m gazing up at the piercing light, her smile radiant in the impending gloom. 

 

And I remember her name.


 

 

This was really just done because I was bored at 2 am and still watching Seventeen TV
I really like Angel!Junghan stories, don't mind me
Also I tend to switch between spellings of Jeonghan/Junghan's name
here have some Junghan

 
 

Please leave me a comment if you enjoyed!