Confessions of a Gentleman (Jisoo x OC)

Seventeen Drabbles

Requested by wonwoosgurl

Song: Second Confession by BTOB
Member: Jisoo
Ship: Jisoo x OC
Genre: Fluff!
Word Count: 701
He's not sure if she got it the first time.

"Will she accept my heart?"

Jisoo's heart is pounding, and his head is pounding, and his hands are shaking, stuffed into his jacket pockets even though the reason they're shaking has nothing to do with cold, and he opens his mouth to speak but finds himself unable to; there's a lump that feels suspiciously like his heart rising in his throat. He clears his throat, takes a deep breath, and says, "I—" before he cuts himself off as his voice cracks. He clears his throat again, Joohyun all the while staring at him expectantly, and then he finally says, "Joohyun, I... I like you, a lot."

Joohyun stares at him, expression unreadable, and Jisoo begins to think that this was a bad idea, but then Joohyun claps her hands, a smile blooming on her pink-red lips. "I like you too!"

"R-really?" Jisoo stammers, stunned. 

"Of course!" Joohyun says, grinning wider, and Jisoo's heart soars "You're really special to me!"

Jisoo groans, running a hand through windswept locks. Had it been a week since that disastrous confession? He lifted his arm in front of his face, looking at the date on his digital watch. Yes, it had. 

He sighs, staring at the clouds. One week. Seven days. A hundred and sixty-eight hours. Ten thousand and eighty minutes. And Joohyun still thought Jisoo liked her platonically. 

For a week now, Jisoo had been contemplating various ways to confess his love, since the old-fashioned say-it-to-my-face hadn't worked.

Perhaps serenading her with her favourite love song? No, she'll think you're just being nice again. Maybe giving her a teddy bear with the word "Crush" on it? Ew, are you turning into Junghan? Way too cheesy. Perhaps an awkward letter, shoved through the slit in her locker? Sure, that's brilliant! You'll definitely end up dating with a foolproof plan like that! Really? No, you idiot.

Nothing for it then; there was only one option.

The clouds are roiling overhead, the wind disturbing the trees, and the air is heavy with the promise of rain, but Jisoo doesn't let that deter him as he sits below the largest tree in the park, guitar in hand and lyrics in his head and his heart beating a mile a minute in his chest as he cranes his neck to look for Joohyun.

And all of a sudden, she's there, an umbrella in her hand and glitter in her hair and the stars in those sparkling eyes of hers, and Jisoo looks away before he's blinded, but really it's just so he makes sure he doesn't forget the lyrics to his self-composed song in favour of staring at Joohyun. He glances at her shoes, just to make sure she's there, and then he strums his guitar, and lets his thoughts flow from his mouth as the song.

He sings, and sings, and sings, and he doesn't even realise it when the rain starts to fall, first a single drop on his sleeve, then a second and a third on his hair, and then it starts to rain in earnest, but he doesn't care because he's not going to let this chance go to waste. He sings, and afterwards he won't remember what he sang, because all he knows is that as he finishes the song, he becomes aware that although the rain is pouring down all around him, not a drop hits his head, and so he looks up, and there's a small, dainty hand, holding the handle of an umbrella above him. His jaw is sinking slowly further from his brain as he looks up more to gape at the owner of the hand, and he stands up slowly as he stares at Joohyun, who's slowly getting more and more drenched in the rain as she holds the umbrella over Jisoo's head.

The rain falls all around them, soaking both their clothes and their hair, but their spirits soar as much as they would on a clear spring day, and even though the rain is staining their clothes a darker shade and plastering their hair to their skulls, they don't care, too busy trading secrets, and whispers, and giggles, and kisses, and confessions of love.


 

 

 

 

Well... I hope you enjoyed this?
You didn't realy specify your prompt, so I had to just make do...
I hope you liked it anyway!
here, have Jisoo

 
 
 

Please leave me a comment if you enjoyed!