Temporary Escape

Cold City Girl [EDITING]

CHAPTER 13:  TEMPORARY ESCAPE


The small conversation with Sehun left Jihyun in a cloud of confusion. Sehun couldn't possibly have feelings for Jihyun, right? The Oh Sehun? Impossible...

Right?

"Argh," Jihyun ruffles her hair in frustration.

She needs a break from all of this. A break from Joy. A break from the gang. A break from...Jimin. It's all too confusing and headaches aren't exactly the most desired feeling. But where would she go without freaking everyone out? There is a certain person she'd like to call, but how awkward would everything be? Falling on to her bed dramatically, Jihyun reaches for her phone and dials a number.

One ring.

Two rings.

Three rings.

"Hello?"

"Oh Sehun?"

***

"What about London?" Sehun proposes, though he was writing rather intently on a medium and blue notebook. They're sitting at a table closer to the back at the sweet café.

"English isn't exactly my thing..." She laughs still trying to peer at what Sehun was writing. She was quite unsuccessful as Sehun seemed to have an extra pair of eyes and he covered the pages. "Seriously, what does 'lit' even mean? Or 'slay'? English is soooo confusing!"

He stops writing and ponders for a few seconds then responds, "I think they're both good things?"

"Whatever the case, maybe we should stay in Korea," Jihyun rests a chin on her palm. "Oh! What about Jeju?"

He rolls his eyes, "That was way too predictable!" then he glares at Jihyun's phone which has been going off for the past hour; the gang has been blowing up her phone with not even a minutes pause. Although she had put it on silent, the flashing of caller ID's was rather annoying. It's only been less than 24 hours since she's talked to them... "Why don't we stay in Seoul, but a hotel? It's cheaper, and we're at least slightly familiar with the language and city. There's got to be some places here you haven't explored yet, right?" Sehun looks up from his notebook and something in his mind seems to click, "You're a girl!"

She bursts out in loud laughter, "You just noticed that?"

"No I mean, you're a girl! Most girls like shopping! That's what we'll do, we'll shop for five days! That should relieve your stress." Sehun grins at his brilliant plan.

Jihyun softly gasps, "You like to shop?" she asks in disbelief.

"It insults me that you think I didn't, considering how fashionable I look!"

Jiihyun laughs but then she turns serious within a less than 25 seconds, "Sehun, what were you writing?"

Sehun blushes. "I was writing romanfshffitic sentsufnfbs..."

"What?" She tilts her head to the side slightly, not understanding the last two words no matter how hard she tried.

"Romanticsentencesbutsomeofthemareinadifferentlanguage."

"Again, I repeat," Jihyun pokes his shoulder lightly. "what?"

"Ughhh..." Sehun groans and buries his head deep into his arms, "Romantic sentences. Some of them are in a different language, too. Like this one," he pulls out his notebook and points to a set of words. " Contiga en la distancia. It means with you, despite the distance. Something about these types of sayings makes me feel as if I do have a significant other, when I don't..." Taking Jihyun's silence as a negative response, closes his notebook. "I knew you wouldn't understand."

"That's amazing." She speaks up.

"Huh?"

Reaching slightly, Jihyun grabs Sehun's hand and holds it in her's, drawing circles with her thumb. "I mean it. That's great you do something like that." Sliding her chair back, she smiles, "Let's go shopping!"

***

"Still nothing..." Yoona softly announces, reaching Jihyun's voicemail yet again.

Joy rolls her eyes seeing Jimin almost in tears over such a stupid girl. It's obvious she doesn't want to be around them anymore if she's treating the gang like this. What's so special about her, anyway? Isn't she just a friend? "Jimin oppa," Joy taps his shoulder, "your friend-"

"Shut up!" He smacks her hand away,  "She's not just my friend. She's my girlfriend. She's one of the best things I could ever ask for in my life. I..." Jimin sighs, "I was so happy before you came back... Why did you come back? How did you find me?"

Joy's sweet and bubbly personality visibly changes into one of pure darkness. "Oh dear, I've been caught!" She giggles- but it's anything but cute- "What was his name again? Kim Junmyeon? Oh yes, that was the person who contacted me. When I arrived back in Korea he said something about a win-win situation when I asked what's in it for him." Joy then pulls a small blade from her back pocket twirls it back and forth between her fingers. "You may have moved on, Jimin oppa. But I," She stands and walks to the door calmly, "I haven't."

***

"How's this?" Jihyun stepped out of the change room and twirled in a spaghetti strap red dress that reached slightly above her mid-thigh. The crisscross pattern at the back went on from where her dress begins at the top until just above her... Do I really have to explain? Anyways, hugging her body tightly which complimented her gorgeous figure.

Sehun's eyes widened in awe. Heart rate quickening, he stuttered, "Y-you look amazing..." and it was true. Jihyun could stun anyone with one glance.

"Stop drooling!" She joked and went back into the change room, her hips naturally swaying side to side in the process; this did not do unnoticed by Sehun.

 


A/N: Hello friends! It is I, your idiotic, I--at-updating author, back with another update! Hope you enjoyed! Also, yes, I am aware that was a pretty lame way to end a chapter XD

Giyomi_shi from Insta says: Sehun will you marry me ???!!

Sehun: *winks* We'll see~

Exo: *cringes*

Lady_nobody from Insta says: QUESTION FOR EVERYONE::: EVERYONE HATES JOY HERE RIIIIGHT? NOBODY'S GONNA END UP WITH HER RIIIGHT? {if not lemme give you some words of wisdom} I've seen many many people in the mental institution but Joy, here, tops my list of crazy. Don't do or talk or even LOOK at her! REMEMBER THAT OKAY KIDS?! Okay Grammy has taught you well (I'm not a Grammy, I'm pretty young but I can be a Grammy if I want don't judge!)

BTS: ...

Exo: ...

SNSD: ...

2NE1: ...

Tiffany: AHHH HOW CUTEEE!!! Come here so I can squish you!!

Jessica: Chill, Tiff...

Jimin: I wish I could follow your advice but Joy has big things planned...

Iffh_nfzh from Insta says: Jimin, why did you hurt Jihyun's heart!! Jihyun come here, let me hug you

Jihyun: Because he's a meanie! *hugs you*

Random_Kpopeu from Insta says: Oh Sehun. Do u like Jihyun? ㅋㅋㅋ

Sehun: As of right now, I am in a very committed relationship with myself. Maybe I do, maybe I don't hehe~

Author: Oka, I think we're weirding people out now *cough* Oh Sehun *cough cough*...

Jungkook: Author's right XD Bye bye!

Everyone: Later! <3