Meet My Parents

Cold City Girl [EDITING]

CHAPTER 10: MEET MY PARENTS


"Do I look okay?"

"You look fine."

"Does my personality ?"

"Sometimes, but for the most part it's okay,"

"Well that's reassuring..."

Jimin threw question after question at Jihyun. Today was the day she would introduce Jimin to her parents. He was definitely panicking.

"Should I-"

"No more questions! You look fine, you'll act fine, and you'll be completely fine. Stop stressing alright? It's not like you're my real boyfriend anyway..." She rolled her eyes in annoyance.

What Jihyun didn't know, and it didn't help that Jimin was great as disguising his emotions, is that her last sentence stung his heart. Like a thousand needles being stabbed in to you, at an agonizingly slow pace. Jimin sighed, "Right..."

***

"Wow." The two gasped upon reaching their destination; a five star, grand hotel. Only the extremely wealthy dined here, at Belle Dining. A red, silk carpet lay as a pathway, leading them to a hall which displayed many different works of art. Van Gogh, Picasso, Da Vinci, you name it. Of course, the walls were decorated in a gold and elegantly patterned floral. Now was the a restaurant, or a competition of who can design the best?

"G-good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Min," Jimin bowed and greeted Jihyun's parents nervously. He was dressed in a neat suit, hair slicked back-but not overdone, and the best part was the fact that he had Jihyun's hand clutched at his side. It was almost as if they were a real couple. Why did it feel so perfect? It seems so right, but it's too good to be true. "my name is Park Jimin."

Mr. Min nodded. "It's nice to meet you, Jimin. But, we already have an issue with you..." he looked at Mrs. Min with a tired expression.

"Oh dear," Mrs. Min shook her head. "this won't do. Not at all."

By now, Jimin was shaking in fear. Did he look oily? Did he smell bad? Oh my gosh, he was sitting weirdly! He mentally facepalmed and fixed his posture and his sitting position. A million things were going through his mind all at once. What could possibly be wrong?

"You're right, Dear. It simply won't do. What kind of boyfriend doesn't address his girlfriend's parents as 'Mom and Dad'?" Mr. Min laughed wholeheartedly.

Jimin's eyes almost fell out of their sockets and his heart skipped a beat or two. Did...They...just...play...him...? 

Jihyun giggled and nudged Jimin, but she got no response. "Mom, Dad, I think you broke my boyfriend!"

***

Dinner actually went smoothly. After Jimin regained his composure, that is. Catching up, getting to know, and even laughs were shared. Along with the slight embarrassment of Jihyun's mom showing baby pictures. 

"Your parents are really nice," Jimin swung his and Jihyun's hands back and forth, their fingers interlaced.

"I love them to death. I still can't believe they're back in Korea, though. Japan is amazing. I remember them saying that they never wanted to leave. Me, however... Well, I know this is home." She looked up to find Jimin's face no less than 5cm away. She immediately broke out into a deep pink blush. 

"I love how your eyes sparkle when you talk about things that you love." Jimin said, before planting a soft kiss on Jihyun's awaiting lips. The two became one as their lips molded together almost as if they were made for each other.

"Does this mean..." Jimin rocked back and forth on his heels a few times.

Jihyun looked down and fiddled with the end of her skirt, "I guess it does..."

'Ugh, cut the crap!' Jimin thought to himself. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

She nodded quickly, "Okay. Wait, yes. Wait, are you supposed to say 'yes' or 'okay' to this kind of stuff?"

"Jihyun," Jimin snapped her out of her momentary panic and closed in on her. "I love you." He whispered before pressing his lips against her's (yet again), placing his hands on the small of her back, unable to contain his smile.

Jihyun was mentally cheering with happiness. Of course, it didn't help that Jimin tasted like every sweet combined. Is that weird to say? Oh well. Feeling Jimin smiling, she moved her arms and wrapped them around his neck.

Ah, but as human beings, we need this thing called oxygen to live. The two broke away, cheeks flushed from lack of air, and the surreal feeling of love. Jimin smiled so that is reached his eyes, "I'll see you tomorrow."

***

"Ready?" Jimin showed up at Jihyun's doorstep, waiting to walk her to school.

"Yep!" Jihyun cheerily answered.

"So," He swung both their hands back and forth gently, "I was thinking we could make a big entrance. I know a guy who can get some confetti on a short notice,"

Jihyun threw her head back and laughed, "You crazy !"

He pretended to be terribly wounded, and put a hand on his heart, "Big entrances are awesome!"

***

No confetti, but they certainly did catch everyone's attention. Hand in hand, they walked into school with bright smiles, not hiding how happy they were.

"She's so pretty!"

"I want Jimin oppa... Why can't I be Jihyun sunbae?"

"Couple goals asdfghjkl!"

Jihyun giggled at the comments being thrown at them on the way to their friends. Of course there were a few hateful ones, but they all seemed to fade away when she looked up at Jimin's proud smile.

Finally reaching Bangtan and GG, Namjoon's eyebrows rose up, and he whistled with a teasing smile on his face. The rest of the boys became rowdy and started clapping Jimin on the back, earning a playful glare that was quickly replaced with a laughing, smiling face. The girls squealed, high-fived, and hugged Jihyun. Gosh, it was a little chaotic, but our cold city girl wouldn't have it any other way. They were family.

No one noticed someone behind the lockers, wiping tears away from their face harshly.


A/N: *sighs* I had to rewrite this chapter due to some technical difficulties. Sorry for the wait, my loves. Also, kinda loving the comments from here and Instagram combined. For those who don't know, this is also posted on @BTS_Imagining on Insta ^-^

Jungkook: *wails* Author!!!

Author: *comes running in, half awake* H-huh? What's wrong?

Jungkook: *sniffs* Our readers never leave questions for us! I'm lonely!

Taeyeon: Did they even know they could do that?

Everyone: *glares at author*

Author: Uhm... H-hi readers! You can l-leave questions for any of the characters who have appeared in our story, or you can leave them for me... Hehe... *runs from the gang*

Everyone: *rolls their eyes* Idiot!

Jin: Haha, it's almost as ugly in here as Fany's hair! *laughs so hard his apron falls off*

Tiffany: I'M GOING TO KILL YOU *whips out nail file*

Jin: *gasps* You wouldn't dare!

Tiffany: Try. Me.

Sehun: I was shoved here by the author to end this before things got ugly *flips hair sassily*

Everyone: Byeeeee~