Then and Now

Cold City Girl [EDITING]

CHAPTER 11: THEN AND NOW


Time skip

Jihyun's pov

"Finally!" I shouted as the final bell of the school year rung; summer vacation was a sweet reality.

Don't get me wrong, I like school, but I hate the people. Being around people who judge you for no reason for so long is a pain in the . Walking out of the school with a broad smile, my happiness was disrupted when I bumped into a rock solid chest. Woah, déjà vu... I looked up and saw my idiotic- I mean, loveable boyfriend shaking his head and chuckling at me, going on about how I should be more careful. Rolling my eyes, I continued my journey out of this horrid place. Did I fasten my pace just to escape his nagging? Maybe...

"Wait for me!" Jimin whined. Seriously, is he a two year old or a high school student?

I stuck my tongue out, "You're just slow," Alright, maybe I'm the two year old.

Hearing more protests about how I was so mean, I turned around, got on my tippy-toes, and shut him up with a quick peck. He smiled and kissed my forehead in return. We continued on our way to the dorm, hand in hand.

***

Suho's pov

I don't find any logical excuse as to why Jihyun chose the 'bad boy' over me. What does he have that I don't? Three years. Three aching, longing, unfair years, I spent crushing on her. You see, I was always intrigued by this girl. Min Jihyun, she was different. I couldn't wrap my head around the reason everyone spread their malicious rumors about her. I knew girls envied her but then again, who wouldn't?

Her petite body frame made her seem like a pixie. Her delicate and innocent features made her look as fragile as glass. Her long, dark hair swung in sync with nature's soft rhythm. Yet her personality went against her exterior in every way. You can't take advantage of this girl without getting to her heart first; something that was not easy to do.

She never noticed me. I was simply an everyday face in the crowd.

We both come from wealthy families and as an heir, an arranged marriage is inevitable. Unless you have the nicer bunch of parents, that is. Although there were only a handful, they still existed. I thought this was my chance to finally get her off my mind. Finally, I could get the closure I needed, and I would be a taken man. Here's how I found out:

Flashback,

"Junmyeon!" My mother called as I was studying a few documents concerning the company and the gang. Somehow they ended up relating to each other in some way. "Come down here please!"

Kim Junmyeon is my real name. Suho is something that randomly popped up during gang business and it stuck, but is only used by and around those I'm not related to. Anyways, I went down as told to find my mother and father sitting in our living room with very pleased looks on their faces. "Yes?" I politely answered.

"We have news, son," My father smiled and small wrinkles appeared in the corners of his eyes. This is how I could tell the difference between his real and fake smile. This, was very real.

I nodded in response and took a seat on the other couch across from them, waiting for them to continue. "We're going to for dinner with the Min's, my dear," My mother said, earning a confused look from me.

"You're getting engaged!" My parents exclaimed at the same time. "Be ready by 7:45pm tomorrow."

I pondered for a moment. This means, I can finally get Min Jihyun off my mind. I nodded approvingly, and my parents complimented me on how responsible and understanding I was. Not needing to hear anything further, I bowed and said my goodnight wishes. That night I could hardly sleep. Would she be nice? Would she have mother-like qualities for our future child? Would she have knowledge about how to run our companies? Would she care for me? Would she be pretty? Although it's not needed, it would be nice.

I eventually drifted off to dreamland, hoping my future wife would be something like Min Jihyun, the girl of my dreams.

***

The next day went by so agonizingly slow. I just wanted to meet her already. Rushing home, the maids giggled amongst themselves, as they knew very well why I was so eager.

By the time I had finished, it was pretty damn hard not to compliment myself. With a standard suit and tie on, my hair was slightly styled to perfection and my charming smile put the cherry on top. There's nothing wrong with complimenting yourself once in a while, trust me. (Author: PREACH!)

Checking my watch, it was 7:30pm so I head down to where my parents were already prepared at the front door. Off we went, and I could barely hide my nervousness.

***

We were lead to our table, and I bowed at the male and female in front of me. "Junmyeon, this is Mr. and Mrs. Min," My father introduced me.

"Hello, my name is Kim Junmyeon. It's a pleasure to meet you," I smiled. I always believed manners were a rather important thing.

They greeted me back, but I was confused. Where was their daughter? I couldn't help but let my eyes wander slightly. "Ah, I forgot," Mrs. Min shook her head when she noticed, "Our daughter is very caught up in her studies. She unfortunately couldn't make it. We can take you to meet her on a later day,"

The high hopes that she was just in the bathroom came crashing down. I was disappointed, but I wasn't going to let it show. "What's her name?" I asked, curious.

"Jihyun. Min Jihyun." Mr. Min said, then proceeded to converse with my parents.

Min Jihyun? My breath hitched, and I asked another question, "The Min Jihyun that goes to Wings High?"

"Oh, yes! Do you know her? That will make things much easier!" Mrs. Min clapped in delight.

The world around me seemed to fade off suddenly and I was lost in my own thoughts. No sounds interrupting me, no voices to snap me out of it.

Now I know why they looked so familiar.

They had the faces of my first and last love; the one who broke my heart without even realizing or doing a single thing.

Present time,

And yet, they called everything off. For the time being, of course. It seems that Jihyun had found herself a new prince, when the perfect one has been admiring her from afar this whole time. Thankfully, I had connections. Let's contact Park Sooyoung, shall we? Oh right, she goes by Joy. It doesn't matter. All that matters is that I will get beautiful little Jihyun to be mine.

 


 

A/N: *evil laughter* I love leaving you all hanging hehe. Who do you think Joy is to Jimin? Or rather, who was she to Jimin? Anyhow... OMG GUYS WE GOT A COUPLE QUESTIONS HEHE I LOVE YOU!

Giyomi_shi from Insta asks, When will Jimin and Jihyun will marry and have a lot of babies?

Jihyun: Wait what? When are we gonna- wHAT?! Uh... Jimin, you can answer this one...

Jimin: Hopefully soon. *winks*

Jihyun: *slaps his arm*

Jimin: ABUSIVE

Lady_nobody from Insta asks, JUNGKOOK-SHI, WHEN ARE YOU GONNA ASK HER?! HUUUUMMMM??!!

Jungkook: *extreme blushing* A-ask w-who, w-what? *runs and hides*

Jin: *barges in* Why aren't there any questions for the queen?

Namjoon: *peeks his head in* I'll buy you a new spatula if you leave~

Jin: I want two. Both pink. *leaves*

Kris: Chicken is not my style.

Luhan: That was sO RANDOM WTF GET YOUR BACK OVER HERE

Tao: I LEARNED A NEW WUSHU TRICK!!

Xiumin: I MADE COFFEE

Yoongi: I'm tired

Jin: wHERE are my spatulas?!

Hoseok: *agressive happiness*

Baekhyun: *extremely loud singing*

Sehun: *judgemental stare*

Jungkook: *shakes his head in shame*

Author: Okay aaaaaand we're done here. Bye~

Everyone: *hugs you goodbye*