Ch 9

Worth Risking

     I woke up before Kyungsoo and it's around 7:35 AM. I spent the past 15 minutes looking and observing his face. He has fine eyebrows, an adorable nose, double-eyelids, long eyelashes, squishy cheeks, and heart-shaped lips. I moved a few hair strands out of his face, making sure not to wake him up. He's like an angel sleeping. 

     I'm still in his arms, we didn't budge throughout the whole night. I'm still cold and shivering from the cold water. The morning air isn't helping. I snuggled a little closer to him for warmth. He's suddenly waking up. I don't want to be caught staring at him so I closed my eyes and pretend to still be sleeping. "Awww, my baby is still sleeping." he whispered. He started to play with my fingers and locked them with his. I snuggled even closer, hugging him tightly. He held me closer to him. "Good morning baby." he said. Without opening my eyes, I returned a "Good morning." 

     "Did you sleep well?" I asked. "Of course, because you were it in baby." he replied. I lightly hit his chest, "How cheesy." He grabbed my hand that I used to hit him, "It's true. We went on a romantic date at Disneyland and we had so much fun. If only we could go in real life." "Oh really? I used to live near Disneyland before I moved here. One day we can fly over there together and have that date." I said. Now it's my turn playing with his fingers. "Wow, your hand is so soft." I said as I continued to play with his fingers. "Not as soft as your cheeks. I want to kiss them." he replied. I gave him my cheek and he kissed it numerously. "Wow, so you really like to kiss me." I said softly as I look at him. "Of course I do. You're my first crush, girlfriend, kiss, pretty much my first of everything." he replied. I looked at him with a surprised look. "Really?!?" I asked. "You've never liked anyone in your whole life?" I continued. He shook his head and kissed my forehead, "Nope. You cannot abandon me. If you do, you're dead. You must take responsibility for me. Understand?" I moved up to kiss his cheek, "I understand." 

     Kyungsoo placed his hand on my forehead, "Oh my, you're a bit warm." I looked at him confusingly and said, "But I'm cold." He held me even closer to him, "You're getting sick. Poor baby." We decided to wear our matching windbreakers and get out of our tents to wash up since the both of us have morning breath. After washing up, Kyungsoo took me to the first aid tent and asked for a pill for my slight fever. I felt better after taking the pill but Kyungsoo insists that I shouldn't play the water games before I get even more sick. I listened to him and sat out. 

     Seokmin approached me with a can of coconut soda, my favorite. He sat next to me and opened his can. "Why aren't you participating?" I asked. He shrugged, "Why aren't you?" "Kyungsoo said that I need to sit out because I have a slight fever." I replied. "Oh, because of Chanyeol?" he asked. I nodded. We awkwardly became quiet until he broke the ice. "Hey, I'm sorry about not believing you. We've been friends for 4 years and I didn't trust you because of a girl. And because of that, we've parted and went to different directions. I'm sorry." he said. The atmosphere between us is still and will be awkward no matter what. It's like we're strangers now. However, he's still my best friend. "It's okay buddy." I smiled to give him reassurance. "I'll protect you and get Chanyeol back one day!" he promised. 

    Speaking of Chanyeol, he approached us shortly after that conversation. He plopped a can of Coke on my lap. "Drink up." he coldly said. I handed the coke back to him, "No thank you. You might've poisoned it." I took a sip of my coconut soda to show him that I already have a drink. Seokmin stood up and walked to Chanyeol. "Don't you know your limit? Don't go near her." he said as he pushed Chanyeol away from me. I stood up, holding Seokmin back, "Just stop. Let's sit somewhere else." As we were grabbing our drinks to leave, Chanyeol grabbed my arm. "We need to talk." he said. "Why don't you guys talk right here?"  said another voice. Kyungsoo walked up and pulled Chanyeol's hand away from my arm. "Talk here." Chanyeol grabbed my arm again and starting to walk away. Kyungsoo quickly grabbed my other hand and pulled me to him. Seokmin grabbed Chanyeol by his collar, "Don't you dare touch her ever again." and let it go. Chanyeol fixed his shirt. "And what's so wrong about that?" he smirked. Before a fight could start, I pushed Kyungsoo's and Seokmin's back and started to walk to the other direction. "Let it go. Forget him." 

     Kyungsoo turned around and faced me, "Are you okay? Does your wrist hurt?" I shook my head. Seokmin felt awkward so he excused himself. Kyungsoo looked angry. "Why were you with him? I told you to be careful!" he yelled. I was taken aback. Why is he angry at me? I took a step back from him, "I was about to leave with Seokmin but he grabbed my hand. I can't believe that you're angry at me because of that!" I yelled back. I started to run away from him. "No no no Yerin." he said after. However, he couldn't find himself to run after me. I started to cry as I ran. I ran out of the campsite, and ran as fast as I could. I've been running for 10 minutes and I've found a dock by a lake to sit down. 

     It's not my fault. Why is he mad at me? Why did he yell at me? What on earth did I do? All of these thoughts and questions kept on running through my mind as I'm crying. This is why I hate being in a relationship. We fight, or one gets angry for an unknown reason. I hate crying, I cried to myself by the dock. I've been crying for a few hours. I feel colder and colder as the sun sets while my body temperature is rising. I suddenly felt my eyes rolling back and the next thing I knew, I knocked out. 

*****

     Kyungsoo ran around the campsite. He bumped into Seokmin. "Hey! Have you seen Yerin? I got angry at her and she's been missing for hours." he panicked. Seokmin's eyes popped out, "SHE RAN AWAY?" Kyungsoo nodded. "She's a fast runner, whenever she runs she doesn't stop. She could be anywhere." Seokmin started to panic too. They decided to split up and searched for me. Seokmin decided to search through the woods, as Kyungsoo took the path that I took. After running and yelling for 5 minutes, Kyungsoo ruffled his hair frustratingly. "YERIN. YERIN WHERE ARE YOU?" he shouted out. He continued to run along the path. He stopped running once he saw the dock and sighed in relief. He ran towards me, who's laying still on the dock. 

     He bended down, touching me to wake up. "Yerin, wake up." As much as I want to open my eyes and stand up, I have no energy. He started to shake me, "Yerin! Baby wake up!" He was panicking as he touched my face. "You're burning hot." he said. He ped my windbreaker and took it off of me. He started to tie it around his waist. "Yerin, baby I'm so sorry. Please at least move or say something." he cried as he continues to shake me. I slowly grabbed his hand, "Kyungie..." He quickly took my hand and put it onto his face, "Yes baby?" I could barely speak, "...take me back. I'm starving." 

     "You scared me." he softly said as he picked me up and carried me. Our way back to the campsite was long and quiet. I closed my eyes and hung onto him. "I'm sorry for getting upset and angry at you. I forgot that you're sick and I should've ran after you." he said as he carried me. I couldn't speak, I continued to remain quiet. We made it back to campsite. Everyone rushed to us, helping Kyungsoo put me on the stretchers. 

.     Kyungsoo headed to the kitchen area and made rice porridge. He handed medicine to me, "Here, drink this with water and then I'll feed you." I obeyed him and drink the medicine. "Say ah." he said as he brought a spoonful of porridge to my mouth. I ate well, and found myself to have enough energy to walk back to the tent. I struggled to walk, but Kyungsoo held me close so I wouldn't lose my balance. When we got to the tent, he placed me down onto the air mattress and tucked me in. "I'll go and eat really quick, and I'll come back in to sleep." he said as he was about to leave. "Won't I get you sick?" I asked, feeling worried. He smiled, "Then we'll get sick together." 

Although we're okay now, we've experienced our first fight. However, we've learned to resolve our problems. 


It's like 3 AM right now and I just finished writing this chapter. Please feel free to subscribe and comment your thoughts! Much appreciated! <3