Ch 4

Worth Risking

     Chicken, chicken, chicken. Mr. Chicken, I am in love with you. I'm so happy to be eating chicken right after school. I hope my appetite won't scare Kyungsoo away, I kinda ordered a lot for two people. But I'm feeling something that I haven't felt for a while. It's like my heart is racing, and fluttered. My cheeks are getting red and hot. Am I sick? I don't know what's wrong with me. Is it because of Kyungsoo? I mean this is just a hangout, not a date. If that's that then why do I feel like this?

     Originally, we planned to hangout at the school's football field but the gate to the field was locked due to the school's marching band rehearsal. I arrived to the gate first, but since it's locked I can't go anywhere but to wait for Kyungsoo. It's been over 20 minutes and Kyungsoo still isn't here. The bag of chicken is really heavy, I can't just stand and hold on to it any longer. I'm disappointed that I bought a lot of chicken for us and he didn't even show up. Forget him, he's just like every other guy who bails on me. Whatever, I'm going to take a walk and eat Mr. Chicken. 

     Sigh, the park sure is nice for fresh air. A bit sunny but it's okay, I'm sitting under a shady tree.  I like this weather, it would be nice if I had someone to hangout with me right now. I'm a bit flustered because I even asked the chicken store if they could sell me a table cloth so Kyungsoo and I could sit on the grass and eat chicken. What kind of guy would ask you if you want to hang out but doesn't show up? Maybe I'm just taking this too seriously. Something could've came up and he couldn't make it. My phone is ringing and the caller is no other than Seokmin

"What do you want?" I asked, trying to sound annoyed.

"Where are you?" 

"I'm at the park next to our school. Why? Planning to come or...?"

"Oh no, I'm just asking. I'm hanging up, bye."

     Annnnnd just like that he hung up abruptly. The breeze is making me a bit tired and sleepy. I should just take a nap here and eat the chicken later. It's been a long day. I was peacefully sleeping but then sun was directly hitting my face, causing me to wake up. As I opened my eyes I saw a figure in front of me, slowly blocking the sun from my face. I looked up and saw that the figure was Kyungsoo. He gave me an apologetic smile. "Are you mad at me?" 

     "How d-did you know that I was here?" I was shocked, kinda scared.  ''Your friend told me, I asked him to call you since I didn't have your number." I couldn't say anything but just breathe. He looked down at me, while I looked up to him. We stayed like that for a minute or two. "Can I sit?" he asked. I quickly moved over for him, gesturing him to sit down. "You must've waited really long. I'm so sorry." He sounded so sincere that made me feel a bit more eased. "It's okay, I'm used to it." He handed me a large bag. "What's this?" I asked. He simply smiled, "I was late because I was in class preparing kimbap and kimchi for you." He took containers out of the bag and opened the lids. I was hit in the gut because I was upset for nothing. I felt so bad for not waiting a bit more. "I-I don't know what to say. I'm so sorry, I thought that you stood me up. I should've waited for you a bit more." I felt terrible. I couldn't look at his face because I was scared that it'll be awkward. 

     He chuckled and pushed a kimbap into my mouth, "Eat up." His soft fingers accidentally touched my lips. I pretended that I didn't feel anything and continued to eat his kimbap. "These are delicious. It must be rare for me to ever eat your food. I must enjoy this." He just sat there, smiling and watching me eat. When I caught him looking at me, he immediately looked away. 

     "Are you going to eat?" I asked. He awkwardly smiled and held a chicken leg. "What's your favorite part of the chicken? I don't want to eat your favorite piece." I smiled. He actually cares about that I like to eat? How sweet. "I just love chicken. I can eat any piece. A lot of people like to eat with me because I'm okay with anything. As long as I have something to eat, I'm happy." He took a bite of the chicken and a sip of coke. "Woaaah. That hits the spot. I haven't eaten this for a really long time."  He looked like a little kid who got a puppy for Christmas. 

''Again, thank you for stepping in for me." I slowly looked at him while saying this.

"You know you should probably stay away from him. He's problematic."

"I know, Xiumin told this yesterday. Chanyeol just took my phone and inserted his number. Next thing I knew, he texted me last night with a 'Good night cutie ;)' "

     "By the way, what's your number?" Kyungsoo handed me his phone. I dialed my number down and called myself. "Here you go." and I handed him his phone back. "Do you have any homework?" he asked. "No, I finished them all in class." I took another bite out of a chicken leg. "Let's go, I want to do something with you." He packed the containers and chicken, folded the table cloth and puts everything in his big duffel bag. He took my hand and dragged me to the "Rent a Bike Center" which was in the middle of the park.

     "Let's ride bikes around the park!" Kyungsoo said excitedly. We rode in circles around the park's pond. "Yerin-ah, catch me if you can!" Kyungsoo pedaled faster but towards the park's fountain. Riding our bikes together made us feel like little kids. I haven't had this much fun with a guy before. Today was special. I became closer to a guy who I thought was cold and didn't like to talk much. Kyungsoo, he's actually a playful guy. 

     We rode on our bikes for hours until the sun set. Kyungsoo stopped riding his bike, "Yerin-ah it's getting dark. We should go home." I nodded and we returned our bikes. "Where's your house? I'll walk you home." Kyungsoo offered. "Oh no, it's okay. I'm a big girl, I can walk home by myself." He shushed me. "The guy is supposed to walk the girl home after a date." Did I hear this right? A date? "A-A date?" I asked. "Well, we spent the whole day together eating and having fun. Isn't a date?" he plainly smiled, "We don't have to call this a date if you're uncomfortable." Why is he so considerate and sweet? "Oh no, I just haven't been on a date before so I don't know how it'll be like. But let's...call this a date." I gave him a shy smile. 

     He walked me home, and along the way we learned more about each other. He likes to sing and dance. We're both excellent in English and like to cook. I figured that he's a gamer since he mentioned League of Legends. When we got to my house, I invited him inside for some tea but he refused. "Aren't your parents home?" he asked. "Oh no, I live all by myself. My parents live in another city because of their business. I came back here because they wanted me to maintain the Korean culture but there's not a lot of good schools near their company so they bought me a house here so I can attend school." I opened the front door and stepped in. "Thanks for hanging out with me today. I had fun. Good night!" I waved goodbye to him.

As I was about to close the door, he called my name. "Yerin-ah! Let's go on another date someday!" 


I will post chapter 5 soon!