Ch 3

Worth Risking

      I am reading this wrong? Maybe he sent this to the wrong person. But wait if he sent this to another girl, does that mean he asked her for her number too? Wow, player much? Wait, I shouldn't be making assumptions. Let's just pretend I didn't see this. I had many thoughts on my mind, but then I decided to forget about everything and sleep. I need sleep for tomorrow, school is very important! Every morning is the usual, I wait for Seokmin to get ready and together we head off to school. As we  walked to school, I wanted to ask Seokmin for advice about the text. 

"Seokmin-ah."

"Hmm?" 

"Do you remember when Xiumin talked about Chanyeol?"

"Yeah, what about him? Is he bothering you?"

"Yesterday he dialed his number into my phone and texted me yesterday. However, I don't know if he sent the text to the wrong person or not." I handed my phone to Seokmin. "Look at this."

Seokmin scratched his head, "I mean, how could it be the wrong person when you actually have to press their number or contact name in order to text them? Besides, my bestie IS indeed a cutie." He emphasized on the word is, pinched my cheek, and winked. I playfully did the same to him, "I know I'm a cutie. You don't need to tell me." Seokmin had a point about the text though. I'm not quite comfortable with Chanyeol. Let's stay away from him as possible. 

     It was really hard to avoid him in cooking class. However, I still try my best to not make any eye-contact with him and move to another station. Maybe Kyungsoo can help me out. "Kyungsoo-shi? Can you do me a favor?" He looked into my eyes with his big owl eyes. They were so deep, I keep on feeling like he was looking into my soul. "You can drop the formalities, you can talk informally with me. We're friends right? And if it's a favor that I can do, then of course." "Can you please use the station between Chanyeol and I? Pretty please? I know you already set up everything but I can help you transfer your things to the station." He gave me a disturbed look, "Is he bothering you?" I sighed, "Long story, well not long but eh. So can you pretty please help a friend out? I'll do whatever you want for a day!" He agreed and I helped him transfer his stuff to the station. I took over his station.

     By the end of class, Chanyeol approached me. "Hey, did you see my text?" How do you even try to play it cool when confronted? This is my first time being confronted about something like this. "Umm, this text?" I showed him the text he sent me. He just chuckled and ruffled my hair, "Yeah, that cutie." I took a step back to find myself bumping into Kyungsoo. He was behind me all along. He held my hand pulled me behind him, and stepped towards Chanyeol. "Hey, leave her alone. You can't do this to her. You can always find another girl. Leave this one alone." For once, I've felt protected by a guy. I mean I feel safe when I'm with Seokmin but with Kyungsoo I feel like I'm in safer hands. Chanyeol glared at Kyungsoo for a good second and left the classroom. I'm surprised that Kyungsoo stepped in for me. I mean, as an independent girl I could have handled the situation by myself. But is it weird that I find it really sweet that he stepped in for me? 

"T-Thank you for stepping in. I could've handle him myself." I tried to look at him but I just couldn't. 

He realized that he was still holding my hand, and awkwardly let go. "It's nothing. He toys around with girls a lot. I didn't want that to happen to you." He looked down and scratched his head. "Let's hang out after school? So we can talk about this a bit more?" 

I liked the idea of this hang out. Maybe it's a way for us to bond and get closer. "Does chicken and coke sound good? I usually get hungry after school. I can order some for us. We can eat while hanging out?"  

"Deal."


Sorry for the 2 months delay, I write chapter 4 soon! I love you guys <3