Ch 14

Worth Risking

     "Seokmin, don't tell the members yet. I don't want them to get involved too soon."

      I've been sitting in front of the emergency room for hours and I had lost track of time. I'm covered in blood and tears. There are scrapes all over my body, especially on my face. "Excuse me, Miss. It's 3 AM, you should go home and get some rest." said a nurse who passed by. "Oh no, I want to wait here." I replied. She smiled as she handed me a cup of coffee, "Here, you've been waiting for 10 hours. Coffee will help." I gave her a polite bow as I held the cup of coffee. She examined my face, "Oh my. There are scrapes every where. Let's get you cleaned up before you get infections." I shook my head, "No thank you. I want to stay here." She gestured her hand and left, which tells me to wait for her. Then she came back with a tray of cotton balls, bandages and alcohol. "I can do this myself." I denied as she tried to clean the scrapes, but she still insisted.

     "Is that your boyfriend inside?" the nurse asked as she wiped blood off of my face. I nodded. "You poor thing." she sympathized. With her gloves, she examined the scrapes. She lifted a few strands of hair and put them behind my left ear. It revealed a cut on my head. As she tried to clean the wound, I clenched my fists and gritted my teeth. "Does it hurt?" she asked. "A little." I replied. "Do you remember how you got this cut?" she asked. I thought about it for a while, I must've gotten this when Kyungsoo pushed me out of the way. I can't remember if I hit my head against the ground or not. "There was this car coming towards us. My boyfriend pushed me out of the way, and I guess my head must've hit against the ground. I knocked out for a moment, I can't remember much. When I woke up, I found my boyfriend laying on the ground with blood and broken glass." I told he as she finished cleaning my wound. "Good thing, you don't have any broken glass inside the cut." she smiled in relief. She then took a bandage roll and wrapped it around my head, making sure that the cut is covered.

     Around the corner of the hall, we could hear footsteps coming closer to us. Loud squeaks of sneakers filled the quiet hall way. The members appeared running towards me. "Yerin! Are you okay?" Chanyeol queried as the members stood behind him. The nurse sighed, "She have scrapes everywhere, and a cut on her head. She's okay though." "What about Kyungsoo?!?" Kai asked. "He's inside the emergency room." I muttered. I looked at the boys, all of them had their head down. The nurse excused herself and left us alone. Chanyeol squat down in front of me. "We received a call from Seokmin just now, and rushed here. You sat here for 10 hours and you didn't call us?" he said disappointedly, yet angrily. Darn you Seokmin. "I didn't want to guys to get involved too soon." I explained. "Involved?" Chanyeol questioned. I nodded, "CEO Ok isn't who you think she is. Kyungsoo has been following her around as her boy toy because she threatened him that if he doesn't, you guys wouldn't debut and she would hurt me. She had her body guards hold me down earlier, she said that she would kill me. They chased me out of the company's building but I managed to hop into Seokmin's car." I panicked in front of the boys as I tried to explain to them the situation. "I think that this is her doing. If it is, then she must've had her guys hit me with their car, but Kyungsoo pushed me out of the way." I carried on. "I hit my head onto the ground so I can't remember a lot, my memory is a little hazy."

      "Let's pretend that we aren't going to investigate this, while preparing to sue CEO Ok." Suho asserted. The members nodded in agreement. "I will talk to the witnesses. Maybe they can help us out." I proclaimed. Chanyeol stood up, "For now, let's just pray that Kyungsoo is okay." The emergency room's glass doors slide open, and a surgeon walked out with a clip board. I rushed over to him, "Doctor, is he okay?!?" He removed his mask, "His back is badly injured, and we had removed the broken glasses stuck inside the back of his head. However, he had lost a lot of blood. He's type A. We need someone with the same blood type to donate blood quick." "I'm blood type O (Blood type O is universal. Can donate to anyone). I can donate my blood!" I quickly exclaimed. The surgeon hesitated, "Are you sure Miss? You will lose a lot of blood as well." I confirmed, "I'm sure." He lead me inside, but to the room next to Kyungsoo's. I closed my eyes as I feel a sharp needle injecting into my arm. Transferring from my body, my warm blood flowed up and filled the blood bag stocks. I had donated around 3 pints of blood. My body feels cold, and my face is becoming pale. "You might want to be careful Miss. You had donated a lot of blood, you might feel dizzy and faint." 

    I feel light headed as I walked out of the sliding doors. No one was there except Kai. Apparently, CEO Ok had called them to return to the building. Kai insisted on staying. "Oh Yerin, you're done." he said as he got up. I lightly nodded. I walked towards him, but slumped down. Fortunately, he caught me just in time. "How much blood did you donate??" he inquired. I let out a soft pant, "3 pints." He helped me walk to the chairs and we sat down immediately. "That's a lot of blood, you could faint any moment!" he exclaimed. "I would do what ever to save Kyungsoo." I muttered. Kai reached inside his jacket pocket and handed me a mini notebook. "What's this?" I asked. "When we were about to leave the dorms to come here, I grabbed Kyungsoo's notebook. I thought you might need to see this." I opened to the first page, it contained song lyrics. "He wrote songs for you during high school. But he never had the chance to sing them."  Kai added. "So that's why you guys were in a group. No wonder why you guys were so famous. Singing and dancing." I said as I'm musing over our past. 

    EXO was created way back then. I just never paid much attention to them. Kyungsoo never really talked to be about dancing and singing. One of the lyrics caught my eyes: "First Love." Kai glanced over and saw the title, "Oh First Love, he wrote that because you're his first love." I read the lyrics out loud,"My heart (is white) my cheeks (are red). Our eyes are locked (black) my sky turns (yellow). It feels like I’m floating above the clouds. It feels like I could fly, this gentle heart pounding. You came to me and bloomed (a pretty single stemmed rose). You are my light (my light that shines in my heart). A secret that no one knows (a secret only we want to keep). The most dazzling picture (my picture, such a beautiful picture, love)." I flipped to a few more pages, they were all song lyrics about love. "Yerin, do you remember when Kyungsoo sprain his ankle? It was because he slipped while dancing. He didn't want to tell you that so he said it was because of football. He always talk about you and was scared that he'll worry you." Kai confessed. I gave out a weak chuckle. I regret resenting Kyungsoo. I miss him. A lot. And I would do whatever it'll take to get CEO Ok. I will get down to business. 

      "Hey, are you feeling okay? Your face is getting paler and paler." Kai asked as he held onto my arms for support. "I feel...dizzy." I had no energy left to talk. The hall started to get darker and darker. My eyelids are getting heavier and heavier. My eyes rolled back and Kai's face was the last thing that I saw until everything went pitch black. 


I'm sorry for not updating! My laptop had problems and I forgot my charger at my cousin's house for a few days! Please subscribe and comment your thoughts, your comments give me self esteem!! <3