Ch 7

Worth Risking

     Homecoming is today. I've been thinking for days and I don't know if I should go or not. I have no one to go with. Chanyeol asked me, but I declined. I want to go with Kyungsoo but I know he wouldn't ask me. He "can't". Yesterday, I took the whole day to finally make my decision---- to go. I got myself a cute outfit, and I know what I want my hair to be like: 

     As I arrived to the dance, I could hear loud music blasting in the school gym. I figured that's where the dance is held. On the way to the gym, I bumped into Hye Mi. However---she was making out with the same guy in the picture that Kyungsoo had sent me. I took a picture of them, but I forgot that my phone camera clicker was on and it made a clicking sound as I took the picture. Hye Mi heard me and furiously ran towards my phone. "DELETE THAT YOU WRETCH." She tried to grab my phone however I was able to hide it from her. She starting walking towards me, while I started walking backwards. As she's cornering me, she gave me an evil smirk. My back hit the wall and I was unable to walk back any further. "Delete that, while you have the chance." she glared at me with her cat-like eyes. "No. Seokmin deserves better. You ruined our friendship and you think I'm dumb enough to delete this?" I dared to glare back at her. "No, but I think you're dumb enough to stand next to the gym's equipment room. She opened the door and shoved me inside. "Not only I ruined your friendship with Seokmin, but with Kyungsoo as well." She started laughing. "You're--you're The Gossiper?!?" She nodded, slammed the door shut and locked it. 

      I'm panicking. The only people who knows that I'm claustrophobic are my parents and Seokmin. I banged on the door, yelling and screaming for help. It's been 15 minutes and I've lost my energy. With my weak body, I can't do much. "Hello??? Can anyone help me out please?? I'm stuck inside!" Whatever I say is useless. My voice can't beat the blasting music. My legs slowly gave up on me. I'm finding myself slowly dropping to the floor. 

     I heard footsteps towards the door. I could tell that the person had their back on the door. "Yerin-ah, where are you? I wish you were here." the person sighed. Immediately, I could tell that the person was Kyungsoo. "Kyungsoo-ah! I'm in here! Unlock the door please!" I pounded the door with all of the energy I have left. He immediately unlocked the door and opened it. "YERIN!" he shouted. He placed his hands on my arms and helped me up since I was struggling. Then he pulled me in for a tight hug. "K-Kyungsoo..." I'm taken aback. I tried pushing him away but he pulled me towards him again. "What if someone sees us?!?" I asked, refusing to hug him. He hugged me even tighter. "I don't care anymore. I can't hold back my feelings for you." I was confused, "What?" He continued with, "I don't care what others will say. I will protect you no matter what." Hearing these words were the highlight of my day--no, my time here. I smiled and hugged him back, hiding my face into his chest. 

     We both walked into the gym, holding hands. Everyone started looking at us, silently whispering to each other. The guy who was in charge of the lights shined the lights at us, following us where ever we went. We walked towards Seokmin. Seokmin was confused, "When did this happened? You never told me anything about this." "Forget it. You need to know something---about Hye Mi." I handed him my phone. "Why won't you give this a break?" he asked as he pushed my phone again. Kyungsoo stepped in, "Believe her, it's important." Seokmin took my phone and looked that the picture I took earlier. His eyes widen up as I showed him the picture Kyungsoo sent me after the picture that I took. "Now, do you believe me?" I asked. 

     Hye Mi came running in, pushing everyone out of the way. She ran towards Seokmin, with the look of despair on her face. The dj stopped the music because he found this interesting. Seokmin took a step back from her. "I can't believe you." Hye Mi didn't explain herself. She turned to me, getting ready to charge. Kyungsoo saw it coming and blocked me, causing her to fall onto the ground. "This little piece of--" she cussed. Everyone took their phones out and starting to record everything. "I took pictures of you guys together, made a rumor, and that didn't work? I've been trying to make Kyungsoo mine for months, while when you just came for a few days, you already caught his attention!" she exclaimed.

     "You're The Gossiper?!?" a girl asked. Hye Mi turned towards the girl, "Yeah! What are you going to do about it?" The girl walked up to Hye Mi, "You ruined my relationship. You took him away from me by posting that I'm a e when I'm not. And now you're saying that you want Kyungsoo when you have my ex and other guy in your hands right now?" Hye Mi was taken aback, she raised her hand up. I knew what was going to happen and grabbed her wrist. I slapped her before she could slap the girl. "Don't you dare hit her." I looked at her in the eyes. She raised her other hand, attempting to slap me this time. I caught her other hand and gave her another slap. Seokmin held me back and walked to Hye Mi. "I wish I had never met you. Now get lost." he coldly said. She shamelessly walked outside, slamming the gym doors together, making everyone know that was her "grand finale". 

     Now everyone's paying attention to Kyungsoo and I. The same girl asked, "Are you guys dating?" I didn't say anything but I looked at Kyungsoo. He took my hand and dragged me to the dj. "Excuse me sir, can you lend me the mic?" Kyungsoo politely asked the dj. The dj smiled and handed him the microphone. Kyungsoo  the mic and checked if it was on. He started talking into to it, "Hey guys. Sorry for your time. Thanks to Hye Mi, a month ago you guys have seen a pic of me and a girl together. Though her face was covered, the girl is Yerin. We went on a date together, and I have to say that I've fallen for her. It was hard for me to talk and even look at her because I was afraid that you guys would bash and bully her. I sincerely have never felt like this for anyone. Please don't hurt her." He turned to look at me, "Yerin, I'm sorry that I was a coward but I like you. A lot. And even though if it's a bit late because we're here, will you go to homecoming with me and be my girlfriend?" Everyone shouted, "SAY YES!" The dj even played Girls' Generation's "Say Yes". Kyungsoo held out his hand, and waited, I took it and said, "Yes!' 

     "And now this song is for the new couple!" the dj shouted through the mic and played Jay Park's Know Your Name (Acoustic Ver.) as a slow song for us https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCVzvvlMdkM. Kyungsoo took me to the dance floor to dance. He placed his hands around my waist while I wrapped I arms around his neck. We stayed like this and waited until the next song was upbeat. We looked into each others eyes, smiled, talked about we felt, and appreciated each other's presence. "Yerin-ah?" he asked. "Hm?" I answered. He slowly leaned in towards my lips. I knew what was coming. He's leaning in. We're going to kiss. We're going to kiss. We're going to kiss. I thought. I closed my eyes, as he continued to lean in closer. I felt his soft lips touched mine. It felt like having a six sense. My heart was beating faster than before. It felt like he had lit up fireworks inside my heart. We finally kissed. 


I hope you enjoyed this chapter! There's many more to come!