Ch 10

Worth Risking

     Kyungsoo and I have been dating for almost five years. These past years have been exciting and fun. Like every couple, we fight however we always make up. We've finally graduated high school. Due to preparing for second year of college and our jobs, we hardly see each other over the summer. However, we managed to video chat with each other once in a while. I usually call him first, making sure that he's not busy and is okay with video chatting. Then I would start the calls on Skype. 

     Usually he would pick up my calls no matter what, but these days are different. I've called him 7 times today but he didn't pick up. We haven't talked to each other for four weeks now, and I miss him. I wonder what's he's doing, why isn't he picking up? Right now I seem like a clingy girlfriend. Work is stressful, at least hearing his voice would be nice. Seokmin moved out of his parents' house and now lives even closer to me. I was about to call him and hit him up but I decided to live him alone.

     The thing that I like about my house is that I have a rooftop that has a nice jacuzzi. I my jacuzzi and put glass of wine next to it. I poured my eucalyptus and spearmint stress relief body wash into the tub and sat down. Ahh, so relaxing I thought. I took a sip of wine and closed my eyes. My phone screen lit up and started to vibrate. "Oh, Kyungsoo is calling me!" I immediately picked up the phone.

"Kyungie..."

"Are you mad because I didn't pick up?" he asked. 

"No, it's okay. You probably had a reason, you don't need to tell me." I replied. 

"What are doing right now?" he asked. 

"I'm in my jacuzzi, why?" 

"Can we talk for a bit?" he asked.

     Whenever he says this, my heart stops. My mind is running, and thinking what does he want to talk about. I'm afraid that something bad will occur. "Of course baby. What is it?" I said softly. He was quiet for a moment. I could only hear him breathe. And finally... he spoke up, "Let's break up." I froze, "What? But baby why? We're fine. Did I do something wrong? I don't understand what's going on." "Let's forget about us. I've been thinking about this for the past month. I've lost feelings. We're not going to work out. I'm sorry Yerin." he softly said. I started to burst into tears. "Can't we work this out?" I cried. "No, I'm sorry. Take care of yourself, okay? Please move on. Good bye." with these last words, he hung up. In my jacuzzi, I curled up while bawling my eyes out. 

     It's been a week, I haven't budged from my bed. I'm surrounded by used and soggy tissues. I didn't eat anything for the past week. I'm starving and dehydrated. I feel like throwing up as my stomach is growling like a wolf. After calling off from work, I've turned off my phone. I haven't spoken to talked to anyone ever since. Not even Seokmin. I feel lifeless, and I lost my motivation for everything. I had lost my energy from crying. I just lay in bed, thinking about him, life, and us. As I think about our memories together, I can't help myself but to cry. I'm running low on tissues, I've used up a box already. 

 

What went wrong? Everything was perfect fine.

Am I the only one who's suffering?

Am I the only one who's thinking about the past five years?

Can't you just come back to me? Are you crying like I am?

Are you suffering like me? Are you eating? Are you sleeping? What are you doing?

"Please move on."? It's not as easy as it sounds.

Was it easy to break my heart? Life isn't the same without you. 

I think about you, and I hate myself for missing your presence. 

I miss being comfortable.

My head aches because of tears but my heart aches because of you.

I feel like a crazy person, laying here crying over our break up. 

Please come back, it's not easy for me to forget about us.

Is this really the end for us? It doesn't make sense.

 

    BANG BANG BANG I heard loud knocking on my door. I can't find myself or the energy to get up and open it. I continued it lay there. I thought that the banging would stop however it didn't. And shortly after that, I heard my door open. "YERIN? WHERE ARE YOU?!?" someone shouted. It was Seokmin. "YERIN I'M COMING UP AND INTO YOUR ROOM!" I didn't bother to answer. He opened my door abruptly. He rushed over and shook me. "Get up!" he yelled. "L-lower your voice. I'm tired." I could barely speak. He lifted me up and hugged me tight. "I heard what happened. I didn't see you out of your house for a week and I was worried." I controlled myself to not cry on him. He let go and started to walk towards my closet. I sat on my bed, watching him. He grabbed a random dress and tossed it inside my bathroom. He yanked me out of bed and lightly pushed me in there. "Shower. And I need to take you out." he said. 

     I had enough energy to shower. Most of the time, I just stood there and let water pour on me. I started to cry as water splashes my face. I miss Kyungsoo so much. How did I lose someone who meant the world to me? I realized that I was wasting water when Seokmin started to knock on the door. I wore the dress that he grabbed, and opened the door. "Where are we going?" I said dully. "Aren't you going to dry your hair?" he asked. I lightly shook my head. He sat me down, plugged in my hair dryer and started to dry my hair. "Get yourself together Yerin." I looked at the mirror. I have puffy eyes, bruised like lips, super dark circles, and I looked soulless. I lookpathetic.

"Seokmin-ah." I called out. 

"Yes?" 

"I-I'm hungry." I said softly. 

He sighed, but then smiled. "Does Korean BBQ sound good?" he asked. I nodded. 

     At the restaurant, there's barely anyone there. I didn't speak as we eat. I only listened to Seokmin talk about things. I have no energy to talk. We both heard the the restaurant's door open and we turned around. A woman and a male stepped in. The male was...Kyungsoo. I couldn't help myself but to stare at him. He seemed fine, just a bit pale and it looked like he has dark circles. He didn't seem to notice me. They sat down a bit far from us. Seokmin saw me looking at them. He immediately paid the bill and dragged me out of the restaurant. What we didn't know was that Kyungsoo was looking at us when we left. 

    "Yerin..." he said to himself.


Hey guys! Ummm to be personal, this chapter is kinda based on my break up whch was a month ago. I just twisted things up. But how Yerin was soulless in bed and actually me AHAHA. I didn't budge at all. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please give me feedback and subscribe! <3