Ch 8

Worth Risking

     It's been a week after homecoming. I've finally found someone who's comfortable with me after 3 years. Loving someone again feels amazing. There's always a reason to be happy, and he's my reason. Being in Kyungsoo's arms makes me feel safe and sound. Whenever we hug, I can hear his heart beat. Thump thump thump. The beating of his heart tells me if he feels the same. But is this a dream? It's too good to be true. I don't deserve to be this happy. I'm scared that I will lose him soon. Our relationship barely started and I'm already worrying. He's special, I don't want to lose him. 

     After homecoming, our school is having our annual camping trip. We were able to choose our own partners, any gender is fine. We were told to be careful of who choose. Of course Kyungsoo and I chose each other. However, I feel bad for Seokmin. I would be his partner, but I now have Kyungsoo. Seokmin seems lonely ever since we revealed that Hye Mi was two-timing. As his best friend, I feel horrible that I can't do anything. I've been drifting away from him, and I don't want us to drift. 

     Kyungsoo and I decided to go shopping together for the trip. Here I am, at the mall waiting for him. With Kyungsoo, I've learned to wait a bit more. While waiting, I texted him that I was at the mall's fountain. No one is around me. It felt lonely but the sitting by the fountain is so refreshing. I plugged in my earplugs, closed my eyes, and listened to Jay Park's Up & Down. I skipped the rap part, but I sang along to the rest. I can't rap for my life. 

Nae soneul japabwa Girl
I'll take you Up and Down
Sesang eoneu koshideon
I'll take you all around
Nae soneul japabwa girl
I'll take you Up and Down
Sesang eoneu koshideon
I'll take you all around 

(Take my hand, girl, I’ll take you up and down
Anywhere in the world, I’ll take you all around
Take my hand, girl, I’ll take you up and down
Anywhere in the world, I’ll take you all around)

     After the song was over, I felt someone's presence near me. I opened my eyes and looked to the right. Kyungsoo was right next to me and his face was about 5 cms away from mine. I panicked for a second. "Hey beautiful." he said with a bright smile. He closed the gap and pecked my lips. "How long were you here? I didn't see you coming." I asked. He handed me a vanilla iced latte, "Hmm, probably when you started singing?" All I could say was, "Oh my goodness." He leaned in for another kiss. "You have an amazing voice by the way." He looked into my eyes, and he couldn't help himself but to smile. "Why are you smiling?" I asked. He simply said, "Because you're mine." 

     While shopping, we got ourselves matching windbreakers, active sneakers, couple watches, and joggers. As we went to checkout our items, the female cashier kept smilng at us. "You two look very good together. Boyfriend and girlfriend?" she asked. Kyungsoo wrapped his arm around me and replied, "Yes. She's all mine." The cashier faced me and said, "Ah, you're so lucky. I'm envious." I gave her a bright smile. "Since you two look so good together and made my day a bit better, I'll give you a 10% discount." the cashier smiled and started to press buttons on the register. We thanked her and went off to other stores. 

*****

     The camping trip will be today (Friday) through Sunday. The students finished loading the baggages and sleeping bags onto the bus, and settle down. Kyungsoo and I sat together while Chanyeol and Seokmin sat behind us. The bus ride is 2 hours long, I don't think I can handle 2 hours of looking at mountains. I fell asleep when I placed my head by the window, but I woke up when I felt Kyungsoo touching my head. He motioned me to sleep on his shoulder. I rested my head there and closed my eyes. Resting on him was much more comfortable than the window. Soon after that Kyungsoo rested his head on mine and fell asleep as well. Sooyoung, our class's photographer snapped a picture of us sleeping together. 

     What we didn't know that Chanyeol and Seokmin were looking at us from the behind. Chanyeol lightly tapped Seokmin's arm, "Aye. What's up with Kyungsoo and Yerin. Why are they always together? It's been a week now." Seokmin looked at him confusedly. "Don't you know? They're dating. He asked her out at homecoming in front of everyone." "What?!?" Chanyeol was shocked. "I asked her to go to homecoming with me but she said no, so I didn't go. And now she's dating -----Kyungsoo?!?" Seokmind nodded, "They're pretty happy together." Chanyeol remained silent and looked at the window for the remaining of the time. 

     I was still sleeping when we arrived. I woke up feeling pecks on my face. "Wake up baby. Everyone's off the bus." Kyungsoo said as he kissed my face numerously. "Did you know that you look pretty even when you're sleeping?" he asked. I smiled, "Well, I do now that you told me." Our teacher gathered everyone for instructions. "Alright class, go set up your tents with your partners. You guys will be sleeping together be comfortable with each other." Kyungsoo and I looked at each other. Both of our faces read: Oh, that's why they told us to be careful with who we choose.

"Are you okay sleeping with me? If not we can change partners." Kyungsoo asked. 

I nodded, "I'm fine with it. I don't have that many girl friends, it would be awkward to be sleeping with Seokmin." 

He ruffled my hair, "We can't let that happen." 

     We were the first to set up our tent, we're pretty compatible. Our teamwork is hard to beat. Kyungsoo brought along an air mattress. I help him pump it up, and unpack our belongings in the tent. By the time we're done, everyone still haven't finished setting up their tents. I brought out folding chairs that I had packed and unfolded them for us to sit in front of our tent. Kyungsoo sat me down. "It's hot, I'll get us some watermelons okay baby?" I nodded, "Okay, hurry up and come back to me." He smiled and dashed off to the tables that had watermelons. 

     As I'm waiting for him, I looked at everyone setting up their tents with their partners. The environment is really nice. Camping is the best thing to do for fresh air. I looked at Kyungsoo. He's a bit far away but I can tell that he's asking the teachers for watermelons. The next thing I knew, I heard a SPLASH and found myself dripping wet. I looked up and saw Chanyeol holding a water bucket. He had poured a bucket of cold water on me. Kyungsoo heard the splash and looked over at us. He started to run to our direction. Seokmin and a few girls heard the splash as well. They hurried over. 

"What is your problem Chanyeol?!?" I yelled as I stood up. 

"You're the problem." he replied. "Are you feeling cold?"

"No duh. You just poured icy cold water on me." I was shivering. A few girls came with towels and wrapped them around me. 

Chanyeol continued, "That's how you're going to feel when Kyungsoo leaves you. Cold. You'll become heartless, depressed, and stressed. Leave him when you have the chance." 

I glared at him, "You didn't think I knew about this before? I knew this when Hye Mi posted that picture of us for everyone to see. Thank you, but I don't need your help. As a matter of fact, don't even go near me." 

     Kyungsoo came running in. He placed the watermelons down and went to me, "Are you okay?!?" He looked at Chanyeol and grabbed his collar. "What on earth were you thinking Chanyeol? Why did you do this to my girlfriend?!?" Kyungsoo shouted. Chanyeol pushed him away, "Hey, this shirt is expensive and you just wrinkled it." I held Kyungsoo back, "Kyungie, it's okay." He continued to glare at Chanyeol. "Don't you dare lay a finger on her!" he shouted. Chanyeol tossed a small towel at me, "Use this and dry yourself." After that he walked away. 

     During the activities, I pretended that nothing happened. We had a water fight, girls vs. boys and we had so much fun. Only Chanyeol sat out of the games. I aimed for Kyungsoo, while he aimed at me. Seokmin also aimed at me,and ganged up with Kyungsoo. Everyone is exhausted after all of the games. Kyungsoo and I washed up and headed back to our tent. We had a fire pit in front of us, which was perfect. Kyungsoo applied wood and charcoal into the fire so it could last a bit longer. We both sat down in the folding chairs and started to talk. 

"Yerin, do you know why Chanyeol pour water on you?" he asked. 

"Nope." I lied.

He reached for my hand, "Stay away from him okay baby?" 

I held his hand, "Okay." 

He smiled, "Now, what did you called me when you were holding me back? Kyungie?" 

"Pft what? I've never called you that." I pretended to lie. 

He pinched my cheek, "I like that. Keep on calling me Kyungie. It's adorable, like you." 

     I'm feeling cold and sleepy because cold water always make me feel tired. We headed inside the tent to sleep. Kyungsoo laid down, motioning me to lay next to him. I laid down, wrapping my arms around him. I placed my head on his chest. Ahhh. This feels cozy. I thought. "Are you comfortable?" he asked. I tightened my arms around him, "Very comfortable. I feel warmer." He pulled a blanket over us. Around ten minutes later, Kyungsoo asked, "Yerin baby, are you sleeping?" "Not yet." I replied. He kissed my forehead, "I love you." I looked up and pecked his lips, "I love you too Kyungie." 

   


This chapter is slightly longer than the previous chapters. I put a lot of effort into this story, hoping you guys would support me. I've been receiving positive feedback. I'm thankful for you, my readers, for reading! Please continue to share me your love for this story