Ch 12

Worth Risking

     EXO have been practicing hard for their debut, as their dresser and make up artist, I've been running back and forth sewing their outfits and preparing the make up products. These few weeks has been hectic and I barely have any time for school and sleep. I've decided to take online classes since I've been working with the group. My dark circles are     getting more visible day by day. I haven't gone home for 2 weeks now. I've been sleeping in the dorms with the boys since it was too much to go back and forth. It would be really nice if I could relax in my jacuzzi right now. 

     "Yerin, can you fit my outfit?" 

     "Yerin, can you reapply my makeup?"

     "Yerin, these pants are too loose."

     "Yerin, there's a hole in my shirt."

      "Yerin, I need you to help me put this shirt on."

      Yerin this, Yerin that. I've never been tired of my name like this before. The boys are wearing me out. I just need a break, but who am I to complain? The boys are working harder than I am. "Alrighty guys, let's take a 30 min break." Suho said. I've always found Suho charismatic and has potential as a leader. I went to the dressing room to rest. I hopped onto my favorite sofa, and rested my tired body. Breaks like this are rare, but they're nice because I need to relax my muscles and mind. 

     Knock knock, I heard light knocking on the dressing room's door. "Come in." I said without looking who's knocking. "Yerin, I got your favorite drink." the person said. "Thanks K-Kyun--gso..o." I said as I turned around to see him holding two cans of coconut soda. He still remembers my favorite drink. I've been avoiding him after the group dinner however he still approaches me. He smiled as he handed me the soda. "May I sit?" he asked as he stood by a chair. I nodded, "Yes." Instead of sitting on the sofa, he pulled the chair closer and sat down. 

     We both opened our cans and and started to drink our sodas. He gave out a loud AHHhh~. "That hits the spot." he smiled. I slowly took sips of the soda while he took gulps. He looked at me with his big eyes and said, "So..." I gave him the "Are you going to say anything?" look. "You're probably tired huh? Running back and forth for us." he continued. I awkwardly nodded. "T-Thank you." he softly said. "Oh no. It's okay, it's my job." I replied. To be honest, I still resent him. It's awkward for us to talk again, but he doesn't gives up. It's difficult for me to avoid him. I got up, "I should get going. Break is about to be over. Thank you for the drink." As I headed for the door, I felt a strong grip on my wrist. "Kyungsoo. Please let go." I said. He pulled me to him, back hugging me like he did at the restaurant. "No. I don't want to." he held me even tighter. 

     "Why do you keep on pushing me away?" he sounded so miserable and desperate. "Didn't you dump me first? What do you expect?" I tried to sound as cold but my voice cracked. "Your voice cracked. You still love me don't you?" he smiled. I took his arms off of me, "No." And like that I walked out of the dressing room. I covered my mouth and started to cry. Walking away from him is the hardest thing ever. I may not know what's his reason for break us up, but I know that we can't be together because of this reason. As much I want to be with him, I must pretend not to love him. 

     I wiped my tears when I heard the boys calling me. "I'm here." I snuffled as I entered the practice room. "Yerin, were you crying? What's wrong?" Kai asked. I can't stop snuffling. "Oh no, it's my allergies." I lied. Everyone except Kyungsoo believed me. Wait a minute...she doesn't have allergies. It's not even allergy season. Yerin, you're still a horrible liar. He remained quiet and didn't say a word as we exchanged glances. I proceed to go back to work and finish sewing Chen's outfit. 

     Finally, I have finished sewing all of the members' outfits. I can finally go home but it's really late. I should stay at the dorms for one more night. I'm stressed out and tired from crying but I need to learn the lessons that I've been missing for the past few days. The dorms don't have any space for me so I use the living room to study and sleep. I sat down on the door, my laptop and found that I have missed two lessons. I took my notebook and jotted notes down. (Yawnnn) I'm so tired I thought as I yawned. It past midnight. 

     "Oh Yerin, you're still up?" said a half-asleep Kyungsoo. He was in the kitchen with a glass of water in his hand. I nodded, "I'm taking notes from my online class." He walked over to the living room and sat down on the couch which was behind me. Out of all places he could sit, he chose to sit behind me. "You're sitting on the floor instead of the couch. Your studying habits are the same." he said as he glances over my shoulders. "You're talking into my ear, it tickles." I said as I turned to look at him. His face was a few inches away from mine, I miss seeing his face up close. I missed seeing his beautiful eyes, lips, and his adorable nose. We looked at each other, not knowing what to do. Yerin, snap out of it I told myself. 

    "Ahem," I slowly backed away and looked at my laptop, "you should go back to sleep."

    "I don't want to."

     I looked at him, "What?"

     "I said, 'I don't want to.'" 

     "Kyungsoo, it's 1 AM. Go to sle-" 

      Before I could finished my sentence, he leaned in and pressed his lips against mine. He then wrapped his arms around my waist, trapping me. As he continues to passionately kiss me, I begin to push him away. I really can't push myself away from his arms, he's too strong. After hitting his chest over and over again, he finally let go. As much as I want to kiss him again, this can't happen. "Kyungsoo, we broke up already. Let's stop." I said as I tried to catch my breath. He kept on shaking his head, "No no no no. I won't give up. I regret this. No no no. Yerin, please. Give me another chance. I know you still love me." I stood up and walked over to the corner that had my pillow and blanket and picked them up. I glanced over at him, he's sitting down with his head down and hands together. "Kyungsoo, go back inside your room and sleep. I'm tired." He slowly got up and walked inside. It wasn't long until I heard him calling Kai's name. 

     "Kai, open the door. It's locked. Kai, wake up. Kai! Kai!" he raised his voice after each "Kai". I walked over to him, "Is the door locked?" I asked. He nodded, "Yeah, and Kai isn't opening the door." I thought for a while, I know I will regret this one day but, "You can sleep on the couch with me...but on the other side." His eyes widened, "What?" I scratched my head, "I mean, sleep on the floor isn't very comfortable. There's a spare pillow but I guess we have to share the blanket."

     "Woah what is this?!? When did this happened?!?" Kyungsoo and I woke up to Chanyeol's loud voice and saw that the members had surrounded the couch looking at me. I'm half-wake but I have no idea what's wrong. I felt a pair of arms around my waist. I was laying on top of Kyungsoo! We looked at each other and immediately broke off. We then sat up together. Chanyeol, with his arms crossed, asked, "Do you guys have something to tell us?" I shook my head, "N-no. T-The reason why Kyungsoo and I w-were in this sitaution w-was because his door was locked last night and Kai didn't opened the door for him. I-I offered to share the couch. I-I didn't know that we would end up in this position." I kept on stuttering. I got up and rushed into the restroom, covering my face from embarrassment. Outside, the members were giving Kyungsoo looks and thumbs up. He smiled and thought, Yerin, I definitely won't give up.