Ch 6

Worth Risking

   I looked up and to the other side of the road. There, I saw Kyungsoo standing across from me with his phone in his right hand. He looked miserable and depressed. He mouthed, "Don't cry." 

      He was staring, and I, I was crying. We both knew that it was going to be hard to be near each other if we want to stay as friends. Kyungsoo dialed his phone and called me, "Yerin-ah." I wiped the tears that wouldn't stop falling, "Hm?" We remained silent. All I could hear was his breathing. "I'm sorry this happened. I know that we just befriended each other and went on a date together, but it's going to be hard for us because there's this rumor going around that could hurt you...and I don't want that to happen." I just want to walk away. Hearing these words over and over again, and thinking about the situation is just going to make it worse for me. Kyungsoo started to speak again, "Because of my fame and me, you're hurt already. I'm sorry. I will try my best to fix this so you won't get hurt anymore." My tears stopped falling, I forced myself to smile in front of him. "I'm...I'm not hurt." Kyungsoo's emotions remained gloomy and depressed. "Then why are you crying? Don't lie to me, please." "I don't want to create for problems for you since being friends with each other is hard already. I'll leave you alone. Thanks for being my frie-" Before I could finish my words, someone grabbed my phone and pressed end call.

     "Chanyeol, what are you doing?!" I tooked my phone back from his hand. He grabbed my wrist and started walking. His grip was too strong for my weak wrist. "Chanyeol, you're hurting me!" I cried. He didn't seem to care, he continued dragging me with him. Kyungsoo wanted to cross the street to stop him but too many cars were passing by and it was too dangerous. Before the road was cleared, it was already too late for him to follow us. When we were out of Kyungsoo's sight, Chanyeol finally stopped dragging me. I yanked my hand out of his. I was tempted to slap him but I stopped myself. When I finally calmed down, I asked him, "Why did you do that? I was talking to him." He looked angry, no--furious. "It's for your own good!" he yelled back at me. I'm taken aback. No one has ever yelled at me like that. Not even Seokmin. I don't have time to deal with him. I turned around and started to walk home. He took my hand and pulled me back to him. "Don't go back there. Stay with me right now." I pushed him away. "I'm going home." 

     As I'm walking back, I'm worried that Kyungsoo might be gone. I know that I told him that I'll leave him alone but it hurts to say that. And to force myself to smile? All I feel is pain. And indeed Kyungsoo wasn't there, he's gone. I walked home, stressed and depressed. Walking home alone without Seokmin felt strange. He was there when I needed a shoulder, when I needed to vent, when I needed someone to make me feel better, when I needed to feel safe, when I needed to forget things and have no worries. I blame myself for losing my best friend due to his blindness. I passed by his house, it didn't seem like he was home. His mom walked out the door holding a huge bag of trash. She looked like she was struggling. I quickly ran to her and grabbed the bag. "Mrs. Hwang, let me help you." I took the bag and tossed it into her dumpster. "Ahh, Yerin. You're such a wonderful child. Where's Seokmin? You two always walk together." she asked in a way that made me want to vent and beg her to hit the heck out of Seokmin for being stupid. However, I didn't want her to worry about us. I just shrugged and plainly smiled.

     It's a month later. Lot of things had changed. Seokmin no longer walks with me, we haven't talked ever since that incident. Now that they're dating, Hyemi clings onto him like a piece of gum. Chanyeol is like a lost puppy who always follow me around. Kyungsoo and I haven't talked to each other for a while, we only talked with our eyes. However, I was able to tell him about Seokmin. We may look like strangers that have never met before, but we always look out after each other. Last week, he saved me from tripping off of the school's stairs. Yesterday, I saved him from slipping when he didn't see the "Caution: Wet Floor" Sign. The rumors of him and the ''mysterious girl" didn't fade completely but it has dialed down. Every week, there's another rumor or pictures of someone on The Gossiper. Everyone is upset and is looking for the one who's writing these and pinning them up. No one has ever taken these posts down from the board because it'll dedicate that the rumor is true. I'm trying my best to find "The Gossiper". 

      I would say that at lunch I ate by myself but Chanyeol always sit with me. The thing is that he doesn't eat, he only sits and look at me. "Aren't you hungry?" I asked. He shook his head, "Looking at you eat, makes me full." "Don't you have something better to do?" I don't know why I bothered asking him questions. He smiled and ruffled my hair, "Nope." "Stop trying so hard, I won't fall for you." I soullessly said and shoved a spoonful of rice in my mouth. "But I've fallen for you." Chanyeol said in a serious tone.  I little did I know that Kyungsoo was looking at us the whole time. 

    "Kai, I'm bothered. I don't like seeing Chanyeol with her." Kyungsoo said as he glared at Chanyeol. Kai patted his little furious penguin like friend and sighed, "We're all in the same group. Don't start a fight and split the group apart." "I won't." Kyungsoo replied. Kai noticed Hye Mi walking and linking arms with a guy...who's not Seokmin. "Aye, isn't she with that Seokmin guy? Why is she with another dude?" Kai pointed out. Kyungsoo turned his attention to Hye Mi. "I don't know..." he replied. He took a picture of her and the guy. He sent the picture to me with, "You might want to check this out.I was happy that he texted me, but I was shocked to see this picture. But what's the point of showing this to Seokmin if he doesn't believe me anymore. ''Daebak. We've caught a two-timer." I looked over to Kyungsoo, he was looking at my reaction all along. I smiled at him and mouthed, "Thank you!" He nodded and we proceed to eat our lunch, being distant with one another again.  


Thank you for continuing to read my story! Please subscribe and give me feedback. Also, please recommend this story to your friends! <3