023

Leave Me, Again

In order to snap Kai out of his intoxicated self, Luhan had to come over to the bar that they always visit and pick him up because he knew that this man will cause trouble somewhere in that line.

Scratching his head, he pushed the keys into his pocket and walked inside the beaming room, full of sweaty people and looked for the younger in the massive crowd. Some girls may try and stick to him, but all Luhan could ever focus right now is his friend.

He was not as oblivious as people think he is. He knew that Kai started to develop feelings for Hyoyeon, but Luhan was never the one to back up.

If he can make Hyoyeon fall for him whilst being in love with Kai, he definitely can handle Kai falling inlove with Hyoyeon while they are in their relationship. If he can manage to do something all at once, this may be the time to do so, that is why he looked and looked for the younger.

When he saw him, he felt a pang of pain that radiates towards his neck, he felt his heart slowly shattering at the view he's seeing, but he chose to stay there and draw himself forward to Kai.

His soft hand caressed the man's messy, sweaty fringe, he lowered his face and whispered, "Jongin, we'll go home," and tried to pull his hand from the unwavering grip on the shot glass.

The smell stinks and his friend stinks too.

The drunk man only replied with a goofy smile and drank what's left at the glass, lowering his head at his palm, catching his eyelids, "hyung, when I told you to protect her, I didn't realize that you were trying to protect her from me," his painful and soulless voice rung Luhan's ears.

Luhan rubbed circles at his back, never wanting to let go of him because he was afraid that he'll break him more.

"I am so sorry hyung," Kai voiced out, almost like a whine and felt his eyes wet from the intense feeling, "I should've been the one to protect her," his grip tightened at the shot glass, so with the hand gripping his arm.

They're both just feeling the same thing, and what makes it more depressing is that they didn't know how to properly express it.

"Jongin, it was not your fault," Luhan tried to re-assure Kai by sitting on the stool beside the weeping man.

"None of it was anybody's fault and you know that," Luhan exclaimed before holding both of Jongin's hands.