002

도망자 : 플랜 X (Fugitives : Plan X)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon's line of sight went from his friends to the purple-haired girl whom was brought back to their hideout by Hoseok and Taehyung. Jungkook was somehow handcuffed and was held hostage by the girl. The girl, on the other hand, was wearing a smirk on her slightly arrogant expression.

How their best killer happen to fall into the hands of a seemingly weak girl was a huge question to Namjoon. Looking around, he saw that the others were as surprised and speechless as he was so he had no choice but to be the first to break the silence. "Erm...what do you want from us?"

Bowing slightly, the girl spoke in a confident voice, "Namjoon-sshi, I would like to join your team. Please let me in." She was full of confidence and showed no sign of fear towards the leader.

"Why? And how did you know about us?" Jimin tilted his head. He was amazed at how such a petite little girl could catch Jungkook with bare hands when the youngest among them was one of the best killers in Korea. Did that mean that the girl was stronger than him then?

The purple-haired girl looked around her. She knew that all the boys were somehow confused and afraid of her. Slowly, her smile faded. Her expression turned into a serious one. She needed to gain their trust and let them know they needed her. "I'll tell you guys everything but, you have to let me in your team. Please. It's important."

Namjoon glanced at Yoongi. Yoongi shrugged and looked at the eldest member, Seokjin. They were confused and they didn't know whether they should trust the girl with an unknown identity or not. As the group's brain and centre, Namjoon most trusted friends were none other than Yoongi and Seokjin. They were like his right- and left-hand man. Seokjin looked at the girl, "Tell us what you mean and we'll discuss."

"No, you have to let me into your team first before I tell you everything." The girl insisted. Her long and straight purple hair swayed as she moved about, her grip on Jungkook's arm never loosened. The poor boy was angry but he couldn't do anything since her gun was still pointed at him.

Waving his hand, Namjoon beckoned the rest of the team except Jungkook to his side, "Give us a moment." The six young men gathered at one side, all looking at their leader Namjoon. Lowering his voice to barely above a whisper, Namjoon asked, "How did she know about us?"

Hoseok shrugged, "No idea. She just popped out at that place and said she wanted to join us." He leaned forward and whispered, "She even knows our names. Our real names." He emphasized with a worried look. The rest were shocked to hear that, they had never imagined someone out there that knew their real names.

Seokjin ran a hand through his hair, "What should we do with her? We can't possibly reject her since Kookie is with her now." Jimin and Yoongi nodded in agreement while Taehyung stole a glance at the said girl. She was looking at them intensely.

"I say we pretend to agree with her first and listen to what she had in store for us." Yoongi stood from his chair, stuffing his hands into the back pockets and walked towards the girl, followed by the others. The girl cocked her left brow and Yoongi spoke for his friends, "We agree to let you in. Now, what is it that you have to tell us?"

Hearing those words, the girl smiled and released Jungkook. The youngest boy huffed, rubbing his sore wrists and walked to the furthest chair available without giving his captor a glance. He was angry and felt humiliated at the same time, the fact that someone, not to mention that person was a girl, was the one who caught him. "I'm going to make her pay for humiliating me this way!" He hissed under his breath.

As the girl saw everyone's attention was on her, she grabbed her black jacket and wiped the sweat off her hands before started, "My name is Yoo Jungmi. I'm from Seoul. And I have some important info that you guys really need to know."

Talking had always been her strength, her ability. Ever since she was a small child she had somehow knew that she was able to get what she wants using her little mouth and her sweet voice. She talked her father into buying her the huge and hugable teddy bear unlike other kids who cried and shouted. Her parents and teachers had called her a silver-tongued. A person who was gifted with the ability to talk and persuade others into doing what she wanted them to do and to believe. Right now, she needed to test her ability on the bunch of guys sitting in front of her. She needed to make them believe every word she was about to say.

"Three days later, a guy will come and look for you guys. He will seek for your help." Jungmi looked straight into Namjoon's eyes. Averting eye contact was definitely a no if you want others to believe what you said, Jungmi knew this a long time ago. "He will ask you guys to help him solve a case. He will also promise you a desirable amount of gold." She smirked, "And you will absolutely agree to take over that case."

Jimin interrupted, not liking at all the way the purple hair girl talked, "What type of case? And why do you think we will absolutely take the case?"

"I'm sure you will. Because that is your team's motto, 'With money and a 80%-and-above rate of succeeding, nothing is impossible'." The grin on Jungmi's face widen as she continued, "And it involves something you know and wouldn't refuse the chance to have it in your hands."

"Cut off the crap. I'm not here to listen to useless bedtime stories. Say the main point." Yoongi cut her off this time. If this little brat was going to give a long introduction he would love to take a nap first. He wasn't someone that was keen to long stories. "What kind of stuff are you talking about?"

Jungmi held up her hands in a mocking manner, "The note of crimes and deaths. Death Note."

"Wait. What is 'Death Note'? Death Note as in the manga series 'Death Note'? A note that can kill people by writing their names on it?" The shock on Namjoon's and Seokjin's faces made Hoseok blurted out the question. It seemed to him that the note must be quite famous in the underground business and must be a very important item. This reason alone made him curious enough.

Yoongi who had closed his eyes when the girl talked slowly opened them again, "Ah, the Death Note. A record of all the illegal business in the past and those that were still going on today. A list of the most wanted criminals out there and an encyclopedia that contains all the evidence of the crimes committed by all who are involved in the black market."

"Hyung, this is the first time you talked so much in 20.37 seconds." Taehyung looked at his watch that he wore on his left wrist. Yoongi had just broke his own record of talking.

Jungmi burst into laughter when she heard that. The Naruto-guy actually focused on something totally unrelated to their main topic right now. His face was also so serious when he pulled out a small notebook and scribbled something on it. Most probably recorded down the new best time Yoongi talked for on his notebook. Jungmi made a mental note to borrow his notebook some other day.

"What happened to it?" Namjoon's question brought back everyone's attention. They turned their heads back to Jungmi. "From what I knew, it was stolen yesterday night. Five guards were killed and the remaining two had disappeared. The guardian of the note suspects that it was stolen by one of the missing guards."

"How do you even know that?" Seokjin questioned and Namjoon added, "Yeah, so far there are no news about the note going missing. If it was, we should have known about it." Yoongi had ears all around the countries and almost every single news were not gone unknown by him. They should know if the note was stolen or was missing in a blink of an eye if what the girl said was true.

"I need no proof nor evidence. Three days later the man will come and ask for your help by himself. That will be my proof." Jungmi returned Namjoon's gaze confidently. "Thank you for letting me into your team." She bowed.

"I never said I'll let you in." Nam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter