007

도망자 : 플랜 X (Fugitives : Plan X)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two days had passed after Jungmi was kidnapped. Jimin looked at the paper Jungmi got from Junhong. 140992, six digits were written on it. He scratched his head in confusion. Jungmi had told them that this was their only clue to find Woo Jiho. But how? There were only numbers written on the paper. He turned to look at Hoseok, "Hyung, do you know what are these numbers for?" The paper was handed over to Hoseok but he never took it from the younger guy. Jimin frowned, "Hyung, I'm talking to you. Hyung?" As if he only heard Jimin now, Hoseok finally looked up from his handphone in a confused expression, "Sorry, you're talking to me?" Jimin sighed in exasperation and swung the paper in front of Hoseok to get his attention, "This. Do you by any chance know what the numbers mean? Password?"

Taking the paper from the younger's hand, Hoseok fixed his eyes on the numbers but he wasn't exactly paying attention to it nor was he paying attention to Jimin's questions. His mind was focused on something else. He had received a message last night. A message with a mission on it and it was sent to him by none other but Woo Jiho.The message was short and simple, but it also warned him not to tell anyone about it, if he wanted to keep his friends safe and alive.

Hoseok,

              Congratulations! I'm here to give you your mission. This mission must be carried out on the same day and time as your two other teammates. There will be a package at the rubbish bin outside D cafe. Transport it to the location mentioned in the next message in the allocated time and you win. If not, you lose and that might cause you your life. No one is to find out about this or they DIE.

Warm regards, Jiho.

Hoseok returned the paper to Jimin, "I'm sorry, I don't think I know what these are." He shrugged and chuckled lightly. He stuffed his handphone back into his pocket and proceed to the kitchen, leaving the younger boy alone in the living room. Grabbing the handle of the fridge, he yanked it open and scanned its contents, searching for his favorite drink. A smile formed on his tired-looking face and he grabbed the bottle of apple juice out and opened it, drowning it down within moments. He was wondering what he should do with the message. Jiho had made it simple, telling others would mean costing their lives and that was something Hoseok hadn't wanted to witness just yet. But his gut told him the opposite. Should he listen to his gut or kept everything a secret? Hoseok wasn't sure what to do.

Jimin looked at Hoseok's back with a frown. There was something quite off about him but Jimin couldn't point out what. Normally, if Hoseok was asked about something he didn't know, that guy would try to make some jokes or pull a prank on the others. Or just laughed. How he replied Jimin's question was not something Jimin had expected. But then perhaps what happened to Jungmi might have affected even the mood maker in their team. Jimin's shoulders slumped as he looked back at the paper, his mind wandered off about Hoseok. 

Jung Hoseok. A man Jimin looked up so much since he first joined their team. Jimin could still remember that day clearly as if it had only happened yesterday, not three and a half years ago. Jimin had made it into their team by pure coincidence, him on his way to deliver the ramen ordered by some guy down the Jamsidong street. At first, he had thought that he had really bad luck on his side, considering how he had accidentally knocked a guy off his bike and it turned out that that guy was a gangster and his gang was right there when Jimin crashed on him. Surrounded by five from all sides, Jimin desperately clung onto the metal box containing the ramen in his hand, swinging it furiously in an attempt to protect himself from the evil-looking men gradually cornering him in the small alley.

No way to escape, an unavoidable fight occurred. Fending off the fierce attackers from all sides with the metal box, Jimin's eyes darted around trying to look for a way to break through the human walls around him. He could be lying if he said that he wasn't afraid at all, but if there was one thing he was grateful to, it would be that those men were luckily unarmed with any weapons. He couldn't imagine what would happen if those men happen to have sticks or guns with them. And then Hoseok appeared. The sound of engines caught Jimin's and the gang's attention and with his hands up and eyes squinted in the bright sunlight, a motorbike flew over a pile of empty boxes and stopped directly between Jimin and his attackers. "Up!" The biker pulled a shocked Jimin up his bike and before everyone else recovered from the initial shock, Jimin had gone with the mysterious biker, leaving only clouds of smoke from the exhaust pipe of the motorcycle.

"You know, for such a short figure, you're actually quite heavy." The biker turned and flashed Jimin a wide grin as they finally stopped in front of a car park. It was some moments before he realized the guy was making fun of him and he huffed, "Yah, I'm not heavy. I'm just...muscular." The biker took off his helmet and swiped his hair away from his face, revealing the handsome feature and a pair of dark brown orbs that glittered with mischief, "Really? You could have say you're chubby, with your so-chubby-looking cheeks that yell to be pinched." And the biker really did pinched Jimin's cheeks much to his surprised.

Jimin freed himself in horror, "Yah! Don't do that!" Wriggling off the guy's fingers, Jimin took a few steps back and held the metal box in front of him in a defensive mode, "I'm not a kid!" His actions caused the guy to fall into a hysterical laughter, "I never say you are. But right now you look like a small kid, really hahaha! No kidding!"

A small tint appeared on his face as he lowered the metal box, mentally slapping himself for acting like a moron in front of his savior, "Uhm, thanks for saving me..." He held out his hand, to which the later grabbed it, and pulled him into a hug. "No problem kiddo! You're indeed chubby hahaha!"

"W-what the h-" Jimin dropped the metal box and gripped Hoseok's shoulders, "Get off me you freak!" He pushed hard and managed to separate himself from the black-haired biker who again laughed out loud with his prank. "I guess you can make a wonderful companion, uhm, what's your name?"

"I'm Jimin. Park Jimin. And please stop harassing me." Jimin shrugged uneasily as another laughter erupted from the black-haired biker. And that was how he was invited to join BTS Investigator Team by Jung Hoseok. His ability in forging handwriting was discovered by their leader, Namjoon soon after he joined them. He was playing a game with Hoseok, the biker's name was revealed as well as the rest of the team only after Jimin joined them, a game where they tried to copy each other's signatures when Jimin did it almost effortlessly. "You've got a wonderful talent, Jimin-sshi." Hoseok had patted his back when Namjoon announced Jimin as their team's secret forger.

Throughout the years, Jimin had learned a lot about Hoseok just as Hoseok did about him. Not one that could open up easily to others, Jimin found himself sharing his past to Hoseok more easily than imagined. Hoseok knew Jimin lived with his grandpa ever since he was a baby, his parents abandoned him and his grandpa was all he had before the old man finally passed away, leaving Jimin behind to continue his life. Jimin worked several part-time jobs to make ends meet. Jimin had a secret crush in third grade but he never confessed his feelings. "You should have!" Hoseok had screamed when he found out.

And Hoseok shared his. The cheerful guy was indeed from a circus family, both his parents and his sister were wonderful and amazing performers, his dad a fire breather, his mom and sister were stunning acrobats and trapeze artists. Hoseok was something more. He was not only a tightrope walker, but also a clown and a magician. And on top of that, Hoseok was a natural joker. His jokes and tricks often earned him praises and laughter from the audience. His stunts and gags had gained him fame and attention. Until one day, Hoseok came across his first car. A silver convertible, a gift from his parents at his 20th birthday. Since then, he developed a deep love towards vehicles, so much that he was willing to leave his family behind and involved himself in car racing. And he met Namjoon and Yoongi. The invitation for Hoseok to join their new team was a tempting one that Hoseok wouldn't reject. He yearned for adventures and risks, and on top of that, Hoseok yearned for speed. "Namjoon offers me ultimate freedom and helps me developed into one hell of a top mechanical engineer. In other words, I become one of the top mechanics in Korea. Without Namjoon and Yoongi, I couldn't have achieved my dream." Hoseok grinned as he told Jimin his past. "Did I tell you that I can also steal others' vehicles without being caught?"

Yes, that was the Hoseok Jimin had come to know. A guy who loved to cover his real emotions behind his laugh. Even when there were times when Hoseok expressed his concerns and worries about his family members, wondering how they were doing so far, he could say it in a casual tone and adding some jokes. But Jimin never missed the worried and sad look in his dark brown orbs. Jimin never had a family besides his grandpa, so he wouldn't know what it felt to be separated with a family, but he wished the hug he gave would lighten up the older's mood, even if Hoseok would made those disgusted face and pushed him away every single time he hugged him. If Jimin was to name a person dearest to him, that one name would be Jung Hoseok. His closest friend and senior, a person that Jimin would call "brother" even if they were not blood-related.

"Jimin, what are you thinking that you are so lost in thought?" A hand waved in front of the shorter guy, making him blinked and focused his vision on the pale male. He coughed and cleared his throat, "N-nothing. I'm just a bit worried about Hoseok hyung. He seems off."

Yoongi slapped his forehead slightly, "You're the one that seems off right now." He sat down beside Jimin and closed his eyes, a yawn escaped his parted lips as he stretched his arms, "Where's Namjoon?"

"At our office. He said he wanted to study the files Taekwang gave us and try to find more about this Jiho guy." Jimin placed the paper in his pockets when his fingers brushed over another piece of paper. He frowned and pulled it out, slowly, Jimin gasped as he realized what that piece of paper was. Yoongi opened his sleepy eyes, "Why? What is that?"

"D-don't get mad, hyung." Jimin clutched the piece of paper tightly, "I-I promise to keep this a secret." Yoongi rolled his eyes, since when was he mad with him? "Just spill it out, Jimin-yah. I'm tired as I am now." Jimin was about to say when he realized something that made him stopped in his track, "Hyung, the handwriting, it's the same as the paper Jungmi got from Junhong."

Yoongi was totally confused. He snatched the paper from Jimin's hand and looked at it. "Jimin, you better tell me where you got this paper." His tone wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter