010

도망자 : 플랜 X (Fugitives : Plan X)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon had not expect this to happen. He had not thought that he would get caught, much less to be brought to the police station with his face covered by hat and his hands cuffed behind his back. And with all the attentions of the reporters outside the police station on him. Him. All these because of his reckless actions. The police station he was in right now was in a really hectic state, the phones kept ringing as people called in and the cops that walked in and out every five seconds. There were some police officers blocking the reporters outside from getting into the room where he was now in and Namjoon had a feeling that those reporters were coming for him. He grabbed his hair and grunted, anger and regret boiling within him.

"You shouldn't follow me, Namjoon." The man besides him chuckled, crossing his legs and pulled out a cigarette as he whispered, his voice only audible to Namjoon. Namjoon glared at Jiho, unable to do anything in his current condition. His intuition had been true, he should have listen to it. If he hadn't follow Jiho out the elevator and instead follow their plan, they could have found Hoseok's body and retreated successfully without being caught. Now their plan was blown. And worse, he was caught by the cops laying in ambush. Jiho lit his cigarette and took a deep breath, taking in the wisps of smoke into his lungs and savored it before blowing the smoke out. A smirk grazed the man's face as clouds of smoke came out from his mouth and nose. Namjoon took a deep breath. Instead of letting the anger within him took over him, he willed himself to cool down and rid his face of any expression that might betrayed his true feelings right now as he recalled what had happened just two hours ago back at the Seoul Hospital.

Namjoon had spotted Jiho among the crowd in the elevator. His curiosity got the better of him and he decided to ignore the alarm ringing in his head and instead followed the man out of the elevator at the sixth floor. Namjoon figured that he could easily went up one floor using the stairs and continue their mission with Seokjin after he found out the reason why Jiho appeared here in the hospital. So he went out of the elevator and trailed behind the man that had caught his attention. Jiho was looking around cautiously as he walked, trying to make sure that he wasn't being followed and Namjoon had quite a hard time trying to look like he was just heading the same way as Jiho was and wasn't following the man. He stopped whenever Jiho paused to look around, pretending to flipped the little clipboard he found in his labcoat like how doctors normally do and kept his head low to prevent being recognized by the man he followed. At a corner, Jiho was about to turn to his left when he stopped, head hung low as if he was trying to decide on something before turning his heels and headed right instead. A few steps behind him, Namjoon decided to wait briefly before following him. And when he turned into the corridor, Jiho was nowhere to be seen. The white walled corridor was lined with a total of six rooms and Namjoon figured that Jiho must have entered one of the rooms. He paused, trying to think of a way to find the man without arousing suspicions by the patients in the rooms. "Just act like a doctor and pretend to do a quick inspect on the patients," Namjoon whispered to himself and entered the first room. Looking around, he could only saw the patients laying on their beds with some accompanied by their visitors so he gave a quick bow and smile before heading off to the second room. It was at the last room when he was about to grab the doorknob when he felt the weird tingling sensation again. His intuition was telling him to back off now. To escape. Again, he chose to ignore it.

He regretted his decision almost immediately after he entered the room.

Standing in front of him, Jiho was aiming his gun directly at him with a smirk, "I knew someone has been following me."  At the corner of his eyes, Namjoon spotted two cops laying in ambush at the side of the door, both also aiming their guns at him. He lifted his arms, pretending to surrender and when the two cops at the side moved in on him, Namjoon leaped backwards and made his escape. Gunshots sounded behind him and Namjoon ran in a zig-zag way to avoid the bullets aiming at him. He swore that he could have easily escaped had a man in uniform not barged out suddenly from the side and knocked him down on the floor, pressing his face down with a gun pointed at his temple. The hit on the floor knocked the air out of his lungs instantly and Namjoon hissed in pain unconsciously when he struggled to free himself from the grip of the man on top of him. A jolt of pain shot upwards from his left foot in his attempt to free himself and Namjoon bit his lips hard, swallowing down the yelp of pain that almost escaped him. He had a bad feeling that he had somehow sprained his foot. The weight on top of him lifted suddenly and he was pulled to his feet and was faced with the man that he had seen numerous times on screen days ago. "Damn..." Was all Namjoon could managed as he was handcuffed by Yoo Wonshik and dragged along the corridor, down the elevator and eventually, into the police car and back to the police station.

Namjoon opened his eyes and rested his chin on top of his hands, "What are you doing there?" The question was unmistakingly directed towards the man who was still smoking leisurely besides him. Jiho took the cigarette between his forefinger and midfinger, tapping the ashes off and blew out another wisp of white smoke. "Why? Luring you into the cops' hands of course!" Namjoon glanced sideway, noticing how Jiho's voice went higher at the last words. He wasn't there for that sole purpose. Jiho was up to something else. Namjoon narrowed his eyes in suspicion.

"What is it that makes you turn to the right when you had wanted to turn to the left back in the hospital? What are you hiding, Jiho-sshi?"

 

Back in their apartment, Seokjin told his friends everything that happened back in the hospital. He was supposed to head to the 7th floor where the morgue was located in the hospital with Namjoon and tried to bring Hoseok's body back. In the elevator, Namjoon had followed someone out and indicated that Seokjin headed up first without him. He did as he was told. Arriving at the 7th floor, Seokjin had walked calmly out of the elevator and headed towards the direction of the morgue in firm and steady steps. His heart, however, was in a total opposite condition as it thumped furiously against his chest. Each minute without the sight of Namjoon was agonizing slow and scary and Seokjin found himself biting his lips again. He stopped at a corner and waited for Namjoon as he changed from biting lips to chewing his gums instead. It helped him to calm down a little, biting lips and chewing gums distracted his worries. But not for long. When Seokjin heard the sound of guns firing coming from the sixth floor, he knew Namjoon was in trouble. Ignoring the looks given by the others, he dashed towards the emergency door and took the stairs down, his right hand going into his pocket to reach his gun. He paused at the door and took a deep breath before opening it. The moment he peeked inside, he knew he was a step late. Namjoon was being pinned down on the floor by a man and there were cops rushing towards them from everywhere. As much as Seokjin wanted to help, to rush in and shoot those cops and pull Namjoon with him, he knew the action would be in vain.

As he hid behind the emergency door, Seokjin saw Namjoon being pulled to his feet. The leader was limping a little as he was pulled towards the elevator and Seokjin was sure that Namjoon had sprained his ankle. As if he knew Seokjin was there, Namjoon caught the eldest's gaze and gave him a slight shook of head. No, don't help me. Go. Escape before they find you. The silent message was clear as sky to Seokjin and he knew he must follow Namjoon's words. Before breaking their gazes, Seokjin saw Namjoon's mouth moved.

"He mouthed 'Jiho'." Seokjin covered his face with both his hands, voice cracked as he felt a surge of mixed feelings welling up inside his gut. He hated himself right now, his inability to save Namjoon when they were both in the mission made him felt miserable. He felt like crying but did not want to do that because it only made him looked weak and vulnerable. Besides, he shouldn't shown his weak side in front of all his younger friends but Seokjin didn't know if he could hold the anger and sorrow in any longer. At his right, Jimin was no longer sniffling, but his eyes were both red and Seokjin really wanted to give the younger boy a hug. He knew Jimin was most fond of their leader after Hoseok. Losing both of them so abruptly like this must have gave the young boy a relatively hard time. Furious, he gulped down the lump inside his throat and continued, "I'm sure the man Namjoon followed is Jiho, he must have laid up this trap with the cops to catch us. And now he has succeeded."

Yoongi was the only one who seemed to be unaffected by the whole situation, "Yes, unfortunately. But we mustn't give up. Especially not in times like these." He stood up, voice stern as he said, "It's been a tough night. We all need some rest. Grab some sleep and we'll plan everything over the first thing tomorrow."

"How are we even suppose to sleep?" Jimin who had been listening all the while suddenly erupted, causing Jungmi to jerk in surprise due to his loud scream. The young boy glared at Yoongi in disbelief. Hoseok was dead and Namjoon was caught and Yoongi wanted them to get some rest? Sleep? How can he sleep when things turned out like this? He knew the older man was one with cold attitude, rarely showed any expressions be it happy or sad but he never knew Yoongi could be this heartless. "I can't believe you're this kind of people, hyung. Not caring about others' life-and-death matters and only cares about yourself!"

The whole living room turned as silent as the graveyard. Jungmi looked from Yoongi to Jimin, then back to Yoongi. She and Taehyung had rushed back to their apartment as soon as Yoongi told them to, and within moments, the black van drove by Yoongi entered their sights as they waited down the parking lot. They were filled with what had happened back in the hospital by Seokjin and both she and Taehyung were surprised to know that Jiho actually appeared in the hospital. Now, she was baffled that Jimin had just yelled at Yoongi. Yoongi's face visibly darkened, "Watch your mouth, brat." Jungmi could actually felt her hairs on her neck and arms stood with each word coming out from the pale-skinned guy's mouth.

"Why should I? You're a jerk!" Jimin tilted his head in an annoying way and crossed his arms. He knew he was getting on the elder's nerves and he should apologize to him but right now he did not feel like it. "You only

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter