021

도망자 : 플랜 X (Fugitives : Plan X)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin was out of breath when he reached the place Hoseok told him about. It was a house. A deserted house to be exact. No lights were coming out of the windows and the whole street was void and free of any living creatures except him. Jimin shuddered involuntarily, his mind automatically filled with the scenes of the ghost movies. 

He took in a few deep breaths to slow his heart rate and knocked on the door twice. Nothing happened. Hesitantly, Jimin lifted his arm to knock again. 

"Shouldn't Hoseok or ARGH-umph!" Jimin's scream was cut off when a hand suddenly appeared from behind and clasped over his mouth. He twisted and turned in attempt to free himself from the attacker when Namjoon's voice came from his back.

"Calm down, it's me, Namjoon." When Namjoon was sure that Jimin had heard him, he released his grip onto the boy and motioned for Jimin to stay quiet. Pulling out a key, he unlocked the door and led Jimin into the house. Once they were both in the house, the door was locked again with a click and Namjoon headed straight towards a small room. He turned around, expecting to see Jimin behind him but realized the boy was right at the front door. Even in the dark, he could see that the boy was gawking at him. Namjoon stifled a laugh, "Come on, Jimin. Stop spacing out."

"S-sorry. I'm just never.."

"Never expected to see me here." Namjoon finished off. Jimin nodded as he entered the room. He knew Namjoon had escaped from the jail as told to him by Hoseok, but he never expected to meet the man here. He had assumed that Hoseok was going to be here all along since he was the one that told Jimin where to go after escaping from Yoongi.

When the lights were switched on, Jimin yelped in surprise at the close proximity between him and Hoseok. The latter laughed at the succeeded plan of surprising the younger.

"What the hell, hyung. You scare the out of me!" Jimin growled and leaped over trying to punch Hoseok. However, he stopped when he saw a fourth person in the room. A man tied to a chair with his eyes and mouth covered. Namjoon sensed the sudden tension and turned over to find Jimin staring at their captive. He walked over to Jimin and placed his hand on the younger's shoulder, "That's Lee Taemin, one of Yoongi's informer."

Jimin had thousands of questions he was dying to ask and Namjoon knew it. The leader gave Jimin a small smile and motioned for both Jimin and Hoseok to sit across the matted floor. "You must have a lot of questions for us, Jimin. It's time to fill you with answers."

"Yeah, don't worry. Taemin there has loud music blaring into his ears and he's blinded for now so he basically won't know what's going on around him." Hoseok took a seat beside Jimin and casually told him about the man still tied on the chair. Jimin blinked.

"Why is this guy, er, Taemin here?" Jimin voiced his question, still looking at the guy. Taemin seemed to be in his early twenties, just like them. There were some bruises on his face which Jimin assumed were from his early struggles when Namjoon and Hoseok kidnapped him in god knows what way. 

"He kind of save me from the car accident last time and I've been living with him ever since. However,  I spotted him sneaking around in my room one day so I got suspicious. I hacked into his phone and saw that he's been contacting Yoongi ever since he found me. That's when I knew he's Yoongi's informer." Hoseok told Jimin as they all sat on the floor.

"Enough with the talk about that guy. I'll fill you up on our plan now." Namjoon cut off Hoseok's words. He then proceeded to tell Jimin what they had planned that night when he wasn't able to join them. The plan started off by tricking Yoongi into believing that Jimin had the Death Note with him and Jimin thought to himself that he did a pretty nice job on that. "I must say, you did a pretty good job in tricking Yoongi." Namjoon complimented Jimin and the younger boy blushed.

"Now that we can assume that Yoongi believed that the Death Note is with you, this is where Seokjin's part comes in."

"And he has a pretty big role in this plan,"

 

Seokjin smiled as he read the message from Yoongi. He was glad he took a few years of acting classes during his early days when he studied at the university. His acting class really helped him a lot, not only this time but also for all the years he's been working with Namjoon and the team. He couldn't help but being amazed with Namjoon's resourcefulness again as he reminded himself of Namjoon's plan. If everything worked according to their plan, this whole thing might finally by over by this week.

"Yoongi believes you on his side now? That you betrayed us?" Taehyung asked as he took in the smirk that was spreading on Seokjin's face. The older boy nodded, "Jimin succeeded in running away and not getting kill too. That's a relief. So far the plan's working. Now what we have to worry is whether Namjoon is correct about the Jiho." Jungmi and Jungkook who were both resting on the couch agreed silently. 

"So now it's my turn to contribute to the team, ain't that right?" Jungmi sighed, starting to head the the door while brushing her fingers through her hair. She was the only one beside Namjoon that knew that Jiho was in the hospital that day. When they were going through their plan, Namjoon had not brought that knowledge up and had only told the team that the job to get Jiho will fall on none other than the solo female in their group. The rest of the group might doubt Jungmi's ability to complete the task, but none spoke up during that time and Jungmi merely agreed. Later that day, Namjoon had pulled the girl over to a corner and told her what she should do.

"You sure you can do this?" Seokjin questioned. He knew Namjoon must have told her what to do to lure Jiho out but he was still worried as hell that the plan might not worked. Jungmi double checked her gun and slipped her knife in the knife casing she had on her waist. Before leaving, she patted Seokjin's shoulder, gave him a "don't worry about me" look before taking off into the night. The three men exchange looks, silently praying that their female comrade will succeed in the mission.

It didn't take her long to flag down a taxi and got to the hospital. The same hospital that she and Taehyung had went that other day. The same hospital that she saw Jiho. She walked into the hospital and made her way up to the floor where she saw Jiho that night. When she reached the room, she looked around to make sure that no one had their attention on her before sneaking into the room. Jungmi moved slowly towards the lady laying still in the bed, the beeping sound from the ECG was the only sign she was still alive. 

Choi Soojung, that was the name of this patient. The night after she saw Jiho here and her unexpected encounter with Namjoon, she had do a background check on the patient and found out that Choi Soojung was the elder sister of Choi Sooyoung and Choi Junhong. Jungmi proceeded by telling Namjoon that Choi Soojung was one of the patient of her brother, and how he had failed in Soojung's operation that led to her in a semi-coma state right now. "You know what, I'm starting to suspect that we have been chasing the wrong person all this while." That was what Namjoon had said after a long silence. 

Taking one last look at the sleeping beauty, Jungmi pulled out the piece of paper in her back pocket and placed it in the lady's hand. Jungmi had only placed it neatly when she heard the door clicked, indicating that someone was entering the room. Immediately, Jungmi ran towards the only other exit available, the window. She barely made it out and with all the luck she had she managed to get herself over the next w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter