013

도망자 : 플랜 X (Fugitives : Plan X)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The journey back to their own office was a quiet one as nobody spoke in the car. None of them had the mood to talk nor chat. They had went to BAP's hideout hoping that they might get some useful clues but came back empty-handed instead. Taehyung could see that Yoongi was not in a good mood, judging from how his lips had formed a thin line and his tight grip on the steering wheel. He stole a glance at Seokjin who sat beside Yoongi on the passenger seat and saw the older man looking at his handphone without a word. 

Thinking that he better just enjoy the silence moment rather than ruining it, Taehyung decided to just stay put and focused on at the passing sceneries outside the window.

It was around 2pm when they reached their office and Taehyung scrambled out of the car after Jimin and stretched himself. He kind of fell asleep in the car on their way back and it was Jungkook who woke him up when the car reached the parking lot. He yawned and dragged his feet as he followed the others back to their office. Yoongi had went straight to his laptop at the far end of the room and placed his headphones over his head once he entered the room.

Jungmi and Jungkook both headed over the sofa set and the girl had took out her handphone and playing with it while Jungkook just lay on the other couch, closing his eyes to take a rest. Jimin was nowhere to be seen, so Taehyung assumed that he was either at the kitchen or in the smaller room doing his own stuff. Seokjin had went to his lab and after a moment of contemplating whether he should stay in the room or went over to find Seokjin, he decided to go with the latter. 

Soft knocks could be heard coming from the other side of the door and Seokjin shouted a "Come in" over his shoulder, wondering who was it that came to look for him. A soft turf of dark brown appeared before Taehyung's face jumped into vision.

"Hyung, is it okay if I come inside your lab?" Everyone in their team knew that when it came to Seokjin's private lab, their eldest member was very sensitive about who could enter and when they could enter his lab with or without his permission. And even though Seokjin had told them before that it is okay for them to enter his lab when he was around, Taehyung rather not risk his life by barging into the lab without first letting the owner know.

It's Taehyung. Seokjin nodded his head and signal the younger to come in. He turned back to the apparatus in front of him as he continued to do what he was doing a moment ago. The room was filled with silence except for the little bubbling sound made by the unknown chemical boiling in the conical flask placed above the Bunsen burner. Taehyung found that the silence in Seokjin's lab was much less suffocating than that outside the lab. For a moment, he was glad he made the right choice by coming over to find Seokjin.

Moving slowly around the lab, Taehyung made sure that he did not touch anything and at the same time trying to suppress his bubbling curiosity and stopped himself from spilling out all the questions that were floating in his mind. From the corner of his eyes, he could see that his elder friend was focusing on the tubes in his hands and Taehyung did not wish to create noise that could divert Seokjin's attention as he poured the white liquid from one test tube into another that contained blue liquid. 

As he waited for Seokjin to finish whatever that he was doing, Taehyung's attention was caught by one of the test tubes in the test tube rack on the table and he had unknowingly moved over to the other side of the table where the rack was placed. Taehyung was in awe. Even though he knew that Seokjin was an expert in drugs and medicines, he never knew that the man was good in chemical stuff like this too. He was dying to know how Seokjin made the liquid changed its colours without stopping.

Placing the two test tubes down, Seokjin turned around to find Taehyung staring intensely at one of the test tubes. "So, why are you here?" Seokjin's lips curved ever so slightly as he asked the boy who was fascinated by the liquid in one of the test tubes that kept changing colours. He rested his chin on his hand and waited for an answer. The surprised and fascinated look on the younger's face as Taehyung stared at the mystery ever-changing-colours liquid amused him because he never thought that a small chemical can made Taehyung that surprised.

As if he never heard what Seokjin asked, Taehyung pointed at the test tube and turned around, "How did you make this?" Seokjin laughed.

"A mixture of three different types of chemicals." 

Taehyung pulled out his notebook and started scribbled onto it with a black pen. He looked up briefly from the notebook and asked again, "What is its function? Does it kills? Is it poisonous?" He bit on the end of the pen, waiting for Seokjin's answers.

Seokjin shrugged, "Perhaps. So far it induces halucinations on those who breath in the smoke it produces." The liquid was something he invented "accidentally" a few days ago. It was around the time when Jungmi was caught by Jiho and everyone was racking their brains to find ways to save her before they received the voice message from Jiho.

During that time, Seokjin was fed up with the tension built in the office and had entered his own lab and tried to clear his mind by mixing the chemicals around. All of a sudden, he realized that the test tube containing the mixture he made was changing colours. It was pink at first and blue on the next second, and eventually the mixture turned green. And then grayish-purple. In his own curiosity, he had brought the mixture near his nose and took a wisp of the smell.

"If you happen to breath in the smoke in a small amount, it'll give you hallucinations for about...20 minutes." Seokjin told his own experience to the boy who was busy jotting down on his notebook.  

"And if someone happens to breath in a large amount, what will happen?"

"It might kill that person." Seokjin stood up and went over to the Bunsen burner, taking the conical flask away from the flame before turning it off. He had his back on Taehyung as he repeated his question earlier. "So, what's the reason you're here?"

Clicking his pen and closed his book, Taehyung stuffed them back into his back pocket before answering, "Well, to have a chat with you."

"That was so kind of you."

Taehyung lifted his tricorne hat and bowed slightly. He was wearing some sort of pirate costume today and Seokjin was pretty sure he was cosplaying Captain Jack Sparrow. "Well, the atmosphere outside was killing me. I feel like a fish out of water." He made some strangled noise and grabbed his own throat, shouting in a raspy low voice, "I'm suffocating! Help! Hyung!!"

Seokjin shook his head but couldn't help as a grin formed on his face. There were times he felt that he could hardly understand Taehyung and now was one of those times. As a physiatrist, he knew that most people who love to cosplay often felt the contentment and a sense of accomplishment when they are able to bring the characteristics of the characters they cosplay to life and most people will choose to cosplay those whose personalities were the exact opposite of their own but Taehyung's case was different. He loves to cosplay and often, he could give off the vibes of the characters that he was cosplaying but there was a bit of him inside the character too. It was as if he had included a small part of himself in the characters that he had brought to life by cosplaying them. 

Like how he had expressed his own thoughts about not wanting to stay in the same room as the rest of their teammates and rather stayed in Seokjin's lab by acting all crazy like how Jack Sparrow did in the movies.

Seokjin knew not because he could see through Taehyung's mind, but because he had experiences as a physiatrist. With the rest of the team, he could pretty much read or guess what was in their minds. Especially Jimin's. If Seokjin was to comment, he would have say that Jimin's thoughts were the easiest to read while Taehyung the hardest even though they were both in the same age.

Seokjin was about to say something when a sound came from Taehyung's handphone, and the younger one took it out and checked the message he received. Something flashed across his face, so quick that before Seokjin was able to recognise it, Taehyung had looked up from his phone and gave the older man his usual box smile. Or rather,a Jack-Sparrow-kind of smile with his typical box smile that somehow fitted into it.

"Kind sir, I'm afraid I have to go although I'd love to stay and have a longer conversation with you." He started walking towards the lab door as he said. When Seokjin asked him why, Taehyung stopped in front of the door and turned around, a smirk on his face as he lifted his hat again and bowed at Seokjin as he replied.

"My ship needs me."

He turned and walked out confidently, leaving Seokjin alone in his lab. Before Seokjin could registered his grand exit though, Taehyung's head suddenly popped back into the room and he winked mischievously, "Hey, did you notice my hat? Isn't it excellent?"

Seokjin rolled his eyes and the door was closed by Taehyung again. This time, he could hear the boy shouting from the outside that his pira

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter