017

도망자 : 플랜 X (Fugitives : Plan X)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" the blood's not stopping!" Jungmi hissed as she stared at the wound on Jungkook's shoulder. In the driver seat, Taehyung was still driving at high speed on the highway even though there was no car chasing after them. 

Jungkook tried to move but winced in pain when his wounded shoulder brushed against Seokjin's shirt. Seokjin shot him a deadly glare.

"You shouldn't move when you're hurt." Nonetheless, he still helped the younger boy to a more comfortable position in the most gentle way possible without making the wound worse. Jungkook mumbled a small thank you and exhaled deeply. The throbbing pain was making him nausea and the way the car sped and turned wasn't making the situation any better. He shut his eyes and tried to forget the pain.

"Drive over to our office. I need my stuff to stop the bleeding." Seokjin ordered.

It was dark in the car and he couldn't really estimate how serious the gunshot was but if they didn't treat the wound soon, Jungkook might not be able to use his right arm for a long time.

Upon receiving the order from Seokjin, Taehyung nodded his head and tightened his grip on the steering. He eyed the back rear mirror before changing to another lane. Beside him, Yoongi sat in silence. The man did not say a word at all and just stared straight. He stole a glance at the back but was unable to see anything due to the dark surrounding. Taehyung focused back on the road.

Jimin stared at Jungkook wide-eyed from the far end of the back seat. He was still shocked from the series of events that had happened just moments ago and he barely recovered from it. Jimin was even surprised that he wasn't trembling like a leaf or fainted yet. Jungkook looked pale and ghastly from the faint light coming from the cars from opposite directions and it made Jimin pitied the younger boy more. Jimin felt that this was all his fault. If he didn't act weird until the others noticed it, they wouldn't have planned this movie night for him and all these wouldn't happen then. He cursed under his breath.

When the car rolled into the parking lot, Yoongi was the first one to hop off the car. Holding his gun tight in his hands, Yoongi did a quick scan around the parking lot. There was no suspicious-looking man around and the whole area is quiet as a graveyard. He scanned one more time before motioning the others to get off the car. Jungmi got out and helped Seokjin with Jungkook. Jungkook cursed as he was half-pulled and half-dragged out of the car. When he landed his left foot on the ground and a jolt of sharp pain shot up through the nerves causing him to fall forward, only then that he realized that he had also sprained his left ankle. Luckily Seokjin caught hold of him.

"V, Silvertongue. Lead the way. I'll follow behind Jin and Kookie." Yoongi gave the order in a low voice and called them by their codenames to avoid revealing their true identities even though there weren't a single soul as far as he could see. It was always better to be safe than sorry. The only sound in the parking lot were their footsteps as they made their way slowly to the lift. When they reached the lift, Seokjin stopped them.

"I don't think it's safe for all of us to go up the lift." He looked over to Jungkook before continued, "We won't be able to escape out safe and sound if there were really cops waiting to ambush us in our office."

What he said made sense and Taehyung offered to go to the office with Yoongi. 

"No, instead of Suga, you go up with Silvertongue." Seokjin struggled a little in an attempt to steady Jungkook in his arms before continued, "We will wait in the car and I want Suga to be the driver." Taehyung had wanted to argue but when he laid his eyes on Jimin, he fought back the urge to do so. Jimin was pale and although he didn't show it, Taehyung was pretty sure he was terrified. He couldn't blame him though. Even though Jimin was trained on how to use a gun and how to defend himself in situations like this, he was never a good fighter to begin with. Taehyung understood that Seokjin would want to have someone he could trust with to be with him so that they could fend off whoever their enemies were right now and between Jungmi and Yoongi, the latter was obviously a better choice for Seokjin.

"When you reach the office, check if there were anyone in it and there weren't any, inform us," Yoongi spoke in a relatively low tone. 

"And if there were?"

Seokjin gave them a very serious look, "Grab anything you can and don't, I mean it, don't risk your life trying to fight them off."

"Woah, okay, ain't gonna get ourselves killed so just worry about, uh, Kookie." Jungmi raised her hands up and gave Seokjin a reassuring smile. With a curt nod, Taehyung entered the lift with the girl and watched the rest of the team retreated back to the car as the door of the lift closed. 

As the lift moved upwards, Jungmi trained her eyes on the flickering numbers above their heads that were indicating which floor they were on. They stopped a floor below their office to avoid getting caught in the lift and took the last flight of stairs up. In front of her, Taehyung was moving slowly and steadily towards their office with two small knives in his grip. She hadn't noticed when he pulled them out and the glittering end of the knives as the dim light fell on the metal sent a cold shiver down her spine. The last time she trained with this boy, he had planted all the small knives in the fatal parts of the life-sized figurines and she knew that Taehyung's force wasn't one to look down with.

Things were still and quiet when they reach the front door and Taehyung sent Jungmi a look, asking her if she was ready. Jungmi nodded. This time, instead of barging into the office like what they did twenty minutes ago, Taehyung kicked the plate with their team name on it and the metal plate made a loud clanking sound before flying off the door and landed on the floor. Taehyung had bent down and rolled over to the side immediately and waited with bated breath for the gunshots to emerge from within the room. Five seconds passed, ten seconds passed. Jungmi squinted her eyes from the other side, trying to see any tiny movements of the door. 30 seconds passed and the two of them still crouching on the floor. Nothing happened.

No one? Jungmi mouthed. The boy across the door shook his head and made a move with his hand, telling her to wait. Taehyung was about to stand when the slightest movement of the door made him stopped and Jungmi found her breath stuck in and she gulped. The door opened slowly and a police hat emerged from the inside. Before Jungmi had the chance to pull the trigger of the gun, a knife was planted on the right side of the head and the police fell to the ground with a heavy thud sound. The poor man hadn't even had the chance to cry out. 

"They're here!" Someone shouted from within the office and the firing started almost instantly. The window glass shattered into a million pieces as the firing continued and Jungmi retreated a few steps back from the broken shards of glass that were all over the floor now. She looked up from her arms covering her head to find that the boy that was with her a moment ago disappeared from her sight. She stared at the emptiness space in front of her incredulously. "Damn where the hell did he go?" Jungmi cursed.

The commotion stopped and the faint footsteps coming from the office told Jungmi that whoever were inside the office were getting out. She tightened her grip on the gun and prepared to fire."Damn Kim Taehyung you better know what you're doing." She muttered as she fired the first bullet towards the police who barely taken two steps out the door.

Meanwhile, Taehyung had sneaked into the room next to their office when the firefight started. He had motioned to Jungmi but at that moment, she was covering her head with her hands and from where he stood, he was pretty sure that the girl didn't catch on his actions. Letting out a sigh, the boy could only hope that she would do her best to stay alive while he sneaked into the room and opened the cupboard filled with clothes. Pushing the clothes aside, a smaller door was revealed and Taehyung smirked to himself. Their office wasn't just any ordinary office. After all, they were in an illegal underground investigator team which was under the hot pursuit of the police since a few years ago and they couldn't have survived all these years if they didn't have secret pathways to their office. Taehyung couldn't be more proud of himself at this moment as this very door right in front of him that led straight into Seokjin's lab was made under his suggestion a year ago. He lowered his head and carefully crawled into Seokjin's lab.

To Taehyung's relief, he was the only one in the lab. It seemed that although the police had somehow found and made their way into their office, they had missed this little lab that was pretty much invincible from the office. The laboratory was situated at the far end of the side and they had revamped the appearance of the lab and made it looked as though it was just a dead corner of the office instead of having another secret lab there. Even the door that led to the laboratory from the office had the similar color as the wall and made it harder for the others to notice the existence of the laboratory. After all, Seokjin had never wanted anyone to enter his laboratory without his permission and hence all the efforts put into making the laboratory as invincible as it could be.

Taehyung looked around the laboratory. He could hear faint gunshots sound coming from the outside and he briefly wondered if Jungmi was still alive. She must be, the end of his lips curved upwards as a familiar female voice was heard over the firefight. He remembered what Seokjin had said and immediately set to grab the first aid kit and slipped it over his shoulder. Moving swiftly, he scanned around the lab to see if there was anything else that could be useful for them. That was when he saw the ever-changing colors chemical in the small test tubes. 

Jungmi panted as she landed on the cold concrete floor after kicking two police in the shin and knocking them unconscious with the handle of the gun. She swore that the police were like a swarm of flies that kept cornering her and no matter how she tried, she couldn't get rid of them. She had just knocked the air out of the two police but the rest of the police just wouldn't leave her alone. She backed a few steps and fired at the nearest police, purposely missed her aim. Jungmi never wanted to kill any of the police because she knew they were only doing their jobs, obeying the orders from their superior and trying to take down criminals to bring peace to the world. But Jungmi wasn't a criminal, so she wasn't going to get herself caught any so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter