019

도망자 : 플랜 X (Fugitives : Plan X)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoongi isolated himself from the rest of the group after having dinner. While Jimin was off to throw the rubbish, Seokjin had plopped himself down on the couch resting and Taehyung was fumbling with his little notebook. Jungmi was helping Jungkook was had just woke up with his dinner. Making sure that no one was paying any heed to him, Yoongi pulled out his phone and promptly contacted his superior. He was furious that he wasn't notified of the sudden ambush by the police force yesterday. Within minutes of sending his short message asking for the reason of unnotified ambush, he got a reply from his superior. 

We were forced to keep it as a secret. Yoongi's brow furrowed.

By who and why?

A few minutes passed and still Yoongi had not received a reply. He could sense that his superior was debating whether to answer his questions or just ignoring him as the time passed. Yoongi himself was getting impatient by the minutes. He was about to send another message when the phone buzzed in his hand and a notification bar popped out, indicating that he had received a new message. He unlocked the screen and scanned the content of the message.

Mr. Yoo Wonshik ordered the ambush. We received information that our target who have the Death Note is going to make his next move. Mr. Yoo believes that the Death Note is with one of the members of BTS Investigator Team.

Yoongi's phone buzzed the third time that day. His superior had sent him another new message and the content of the last message had Yoongi's eyes narrowed. He bit down his lips in anger. The knuckles of his fingers turned white as he tried to stop his hands from trembling with rage. How dare he suspected him. How dare they suspected him, him out of all people. How dare that Yoo Wonshik suspected him to have the Death Note when he was working his off trying to get the note and put the rest of the BTS Investigator Team behind the bars. How dare they- 

"DAMN IT!" Yoongi realized the others were looking at him. He drew a deep breath. "Sorry," Yoongi muttered, "I-I'm just angry with the whole situation we're in." He belatedly trying to explain his sudden action. "No, don't be sorry." Seokjin opened his eyes and offered a weary smile. "I know how you feel. I feel the same too when Namjoon was caught that day." He paused, lowering his eyes as the memories were brought back. No one spoke a word and after some time, Seokjin looked back at him before finishing his sentence, "And don't worry too much too. I'm sure we will figure a way out, sooner or later."

Yoongi couldn't find the right words to reply Seokjin. How could he when he knew that what they felt were different and not at all same as Seokjin imagined? He was angry because he was suspected by his very own superior and his men, frustrated because he couldn't do anything except continuing his task to find the real culprit which seemed to lead to nowhere while Seokjin, the eldest was feeling guilty for not being able to help Namjoon when he was caught and was worried about Namjoon's safety as well as theirs. The situations they both faced were different but Yoongi wasn't going to tell him that. He merely nodded and returned to his phone. He could see Jungkook from the corner of his eyes and knew that the younger boy was stealing glances of him. The memory of confrontation with Jungmi that night floated back in his mind and the vague premonition he had previously that Jungkook knew about his real identity came back again. He fixed his eyes on the screen of the phone, staring at the one sentence sent by his superior.

You're also one of Mr. Yoo's suspects now and I can't help you anymore unless you caught the culprit who has the note.

Yoongi had to think quick and act fast. His superior had mentioned that Mr. Yoo believed that one of the members of BTS Investigator Team had the note and was going to make a move. He knew for a fact that it was Woo Jiho who convinced Yoo Wonshik about that. His superior had mentioned to him that Jiho had walked straight into Yoo Wonshik's office, claiming that he knew the whereabouts of the note and made BTS his scapegoats for the missing of the Death Note the day before Wonshik made another appearance on the TV. Although Wonshik never truly believe the man, he couldn't find the note on him and the plainclothes officers that followed Jiho 24/7 had reported that he had not gone anywhere near the missing Death Note. Yoongi knew these from his own sources.

All of a sudden, an idea came across Yoongi's mind. What if Woo Jiho was telling the truth all these times? What if he indeed did not have the Death Note and it was in the possession of one of the BTS members? The more Yoongi thought about it, the more sense it made to him. Yoongi had been following his superior's and Namjoon's orders to find the note which Jungmi claimed to be with Jiho all these times. He hadn't once suspected that it might be in someone else's hand. The name that crossed his mind at once was none other than Yoo Jungmi. She was the one that the brought the news of the disappearance of the note to them in the first place. What if the Death Note was with her all these times? Or perhaps it was Namjoon all along? His attitude wasn't as hostile as it had been after the first night BTS met with Jungmi and no one really knows why. Yoongi's eyes widened in shock. Without wasting a second, he pulled out his phone and typed a message to one of his most trusted aides.

Where is Hoseok? Is he with you now?

He received a reply almost immediately. No, he said he had some errands and went out roughly an hour ago, the message read.

Do you know where he went?

N

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter