020

도망자 : 플랜 X (Fugitives : Plan X)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jimin is going to be the bait?" Seokjin repeated the sentence, brow cocked in confusion. "What's that suppose to mean?"

"Ah, is that why you asked me tell our plan to Jimin that day? You knew he can't come to our meeting today?" Before Namjoon could answer, Hoseok interrupted by throwing another question to their leader. 

"Just my wild guess and it happens to come true." With a smile, Namjoon asked them to gather around him. He pulled the old and shabby curtains, preventing the sunlight from falling into the room, causing the already dim room to be dimmer and making sure that no one was outside the street before sitting down himself.

"As you all have been informed, we have a betrayer in our team. Yoongi. I found it out during my short stay in the cell." Namjoon wasted no time in filling them with the truth. He continued to tell them how Yoongi had leaked their activities to the police all these times and his purpose of becoming an undercover in their team.

"He wants to get his hands on the Death Note and put us all behind jail?" Seokjin questioned in surprise.

"Yes, assuming what Yoo Wonshik had said is true." Namjoon gave Jungmi a glance before continuing, "As for Jimin, I've made him a bait. Hoseok has met with him few days ago under my order. And the main purpose I've gathered all of you here is to fill you all in a plan I've manage to come up with. Also, I would like to hear of your suggestions to make this plan a success."

Once again, Jungmi was taken aback by Namjoon's plan. It was no wonder that he was the leader of the team, someone who was able to lead his team and climb up so high in the black market in such a short time. Though she had only heard of him before this, Jungmi had came to learn that this man is someone you would not want to mess with. Even now, with only the limited clues they managed to get a hold on and the presence of an undercover in his team, not to mention the presence of herself in the team, the man had came up with a well-thought-out plan. When Namjoon had finished, the room fell back into silence as everyone tried to grasp on the plan.

"What can I say, it sounds like the best plan we've got." Taehyung broke the silence after a while. "So, you're saying that Jimin will pretend that he has the Death Note with him, and lure Yoongi to get it from him, right? And assuming that Yoongi's fall right into our trap, how can we be sure that the fake Jiho will fall into our trap as well?" 

"We can't. It's all a game of minds now." Namjoon replied.

"Did Jimin know about this plan?" Jungmi asked this time. "You said Hoseok had told him what to do right? Does he knows what's our plan after that?"

Namjoon shook his head, "No, I've only let Hoseok tell him what he is suppose to do. I plan to tell him the rest of the plan after that."

After going through the plan a few times and making sure that all of them understood the plan well, Namjoon had urged them to return to the hotel before Yoongi started to suspect something was going on. "Though I'm pretty sure he's already started suspecting. Anyways, we'll follow the plan." That was what Namjoon had told them. 

When they had got back to the hotel, they were told by Jungkook that both Jimin and Yoongi haven't return from whenever they had went. Feeling slightly relieved, Jungmi went over to the bed and filled the young boy with their plan while Jungkook listened intensely to the plan unfolded in front of him. When Jungmi had finished, the wounded boy asked in a low whisper, "Will the plan really works?" 

"We'll just have to come out with something else if anything doesn't go as planned." Jungmi shrugged and gave him a soft pat on the shoulder.

 

Two days had passed since Yoongi saw Hoseok passing the small black box to Jimin. Yoongi eyed the younger male from the sofa he currently occupied. He had been figuring of a way to take the box from the younger since that day. No matter how hard he tried, Yoongi could only come out with two ways to get the note from Jimin. One, revealing his identity by forcing Jimin to hand over the notebook willingly or two, get him to a place with only the two of them and finish him off quietly and take the note from him. The second choice seemed more promising than the first as Yoongi is still able to keep his identity as a spy unknown to the rest of the group. Yoongi definitely did not want to blow his own cover before getting the note. 

"Jimin, let's go for a drink tonight." Yoongi buried himself further down into the sofa as he said, eyes set on the younger boy lazily as he waited for an answer.

Jimin who was quite caught off the guard turned around in surprise, "U-um, okay, I guess..."

There were only two of them in the room at this moment, Seokjin and Taehyung were out to buy dinner for them while Jungmi had accompanied Jungkook who insisted to have a walk around the area since his wound has healed pretty nicely after days of resting. The moment he heard Yoongi asked him to go for a drink together, Jimin knew that Yoongi was going to carry out his plan on him. Jimin had been waiting for this moment after his unexpected encounter with Hoseok.

That day, Hoseok had told him that he had met Namjoon and that Yoongi is a spy all these years. Jimin was shocked to learn the truth about Yoongi, but he was more surprised when Hoseok handed him a black box.

"Don't turn, Yoongi is watching us at the corner right now. He'll think that this black box contains the Death Note." Hoseok had pulled him closer and whispered into his ears. "Even though this box actually contains a normal notebook, Namjoon wants you to act as if the real Death Note is really with you. Yoongi will surely try to get it from you during this few days and when he asks to be with you alone, he'll most probably try to kill you and get the note."

"What?!" Jimin was shocked beyond words.

"Yes, that's what Namjoon said he'll do. Anyways, once he asks you out, you'll have to really, and I mean really run for your life and drop the box in the process. But make sure you take the fake notebook with you."

"What? Wouldn't he know that it's fake when he saw it?"

"I suppose he won't. Neither of us really seen the notebook before right? I don't think he'll know it's a fake."

Hoseok's answer caused more confusion but he told Jimin not to ask more about it and instead told the boy where to go when he escape. Before leaving, Hoseok gave Jimin a tight squeeze at his shoulders, telling him not to worry too much and that he'll do just fine. Jimin gave the older a quick hug in return, asking Hoseok to keep himself and Namjoon safe as well before heading back to the hotel.

Jimin took a peak at Yoongi, finding the older male fast asleep on the sofa and quickly return his gaze to the game he was playing on his phone. Although there were still a lot of questions left unanswered in his mind, Jimin was determined to accomplish the mission brought to him by Hoseok. After all, it was Namjoon's order and Jimin believed in his leader whole-heartedly.

 

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter