005

도망자 : 플랜 X (Fugitives : Plan X)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day arrived sooner than expected. On the bright and sunny Friday afternoon, Jungkook found himself looking at his reflection in the mirror with the most disgusted look he could possibly make. His brows were furrowed into a tight knot, his lips were in their tiniest form and his eyes were blaring with fire. Today was the day he had to disguise as a certain someone's boyfriend. Yoo Jungmi's boyfriend.

As if trying to proof the cruel fact to him, the purple-haired girl popped her head into his room and beamed, "Mi Soon's boyfriend! Are you done yet?"

Jungkook rolled his eyes while adjusting the bright red bow on his collar, "Kwangsoo's ready." He didn't know why he answered in such a way but somehow he did. His reply made the young girl laughed. 

Pushing the door open, Jungmi ran over to Jungkook and grabbed his arms, pulling him out as she laughed, "Okay then. We should get going soon."

Stepping outside the room, the "couple" were meet with curious eyes and Jimin was the first to burst out laughing. "Oh gosh, this is the first time I ever see Kookie linking arms with another human being, and a girl!" His comment immediately made Jungkook pulling his arm away from the said girl, but Jungmi was a step faster. She held onto his arm and shot Jimin a look. "So what, we are supposed to be a couple in disguise." She looked around and was surprised to see two middle-age waiters and a young man in uniform standing in the room along with Jimin and Yoongi.

One of the middle-aged men spoke and Taehyung's voice was heard as the man gave them a satisfying nod, "Both of you look just great. I'm just going to apply a little makeup on your face to cover up your real identity." He pointed to the sofa and pulled out his make up tools. Jungmi gave Jungkook a nudge and walked over to the sofa set. Soon enough, a look in the mirror told both Jungmi and Jungkook that Taehyung had done a wonderful job and their faces. They looked completely different from their real features but equally pretty and handsome. Jungmi praised Taehyung silently in her heart.

As Taehyung finished, the uniform guy walked towards them and started speaking, "Okay, done with disguising. Hoseok will be fetching Jungmi and Jungkook to the hotel while Taehyung and Seokjin will go there by Seokjin's car and I'll go by public transport." It turned out the uniform guy was none other than Namjoon himself. "Here's your earpiece and there will be one hidden camera in each of our clothes. Jungkook's on the bowtie, Jungmi's on the flower on the dress and others on their nametags."

Jungmi inspected the black flower on her dress carefully after hearing Namjoon's words. She spotted a glimpse of light reflecting from what seemed like a lens and knew Namjoon was telling the truth. She had always known cops had these kind of gadgets but was surprised to know that they had too. "So that's why it is harder to catch the criminals nowadays then last time." She thought to herself.

Suddenly remembered the information she found about the bride and bridegroom, Jungmi hastily said, "I've done some research on Choi Sooyoung the bride and the bridegroom Lee Minho. Lee Minho is a famous journalist and novelist. Choi Sooyoung on the other hand is a model. She is really beautiful and has recently been spotted by a director and will be filming for a movie after her wedding." There was something Jungmi never told them. She had had a weird feeling about Choi Sooyoung but she couldn't find anything that relate her to any of their suspects. She decided to keep her gut to herself for now.

"Thanks, Mi Soon." Namjoon nodded, calling Jungmi with her fake name to help her getting used to it, "Okay, let's go now." They headed out and all went according to their plan. 

Standing in front of the grand building, Hoseok mumbled a "good luck" to both Jungmi and Jungkook before driving off. Jungmi inhaled, "Are you nervous?" Jungkook gave the girl a glance, contemplated whether or not he should tell her the truth. Finally he nodded a little. Jungmi smiled and slowly placed her hands on the boy's arm. "Come on, let's go. Think of it as a little acting game."

"Welcome. Name please?" A waiter standing in front of the entrance bowed at them slightly, a list of names in his hands. Jungkook pointed at their names at the bottom of the list. "Mr. Park Kwangsoo and Ms. Kim Mi Soon. We are glad to have you here. You may enter."

The brightly colored chandelier and the enormous flower bouquets along the corridor were the things that greeted them as they entered. In the big hall, the guests were all seated at their respective tables and chatters and laughter could be heard from all directions. The sounds of wine glass clinking and the hissing sound from the Coke could also be heard as the guests poured their drinks. Jungkook led Jungmi to the VIP table. They were greeted by the others on that table and they smile and bowed politely, returning their greetings while introducing themselves to the rest using their fake identities.

As the tables in the hall were slowly and gradually filled, the lights were turned off and every fell silent. Slow music started and the bride and bridegroom entered the wedding hall as the guests cheered and clapped. Jungmi scanned her surroundings, trying to find their suspects. In the midst of the cheering, Jungkook leaned closer to Jungmi, pretending to fix her hair and whispered, "Three tables to the right of the bride's table, Choi Junhong."

Indeed, as Jungmi slightly turned towards the direction mentioned by Jungkook, she saw him. Choi Junhong. He was in a dark blue suit and as suspected, he had changed his appearance. His hair was no longer blonde but jet black and cut short, his left ear was pierced and he looked thinner than he was in the picture of the files they received. But Jungmi realized something was off. Choi Junhong had had his eyes fixed on the bride and his face was stoic and solemn. Like he was not happy for the bride and bridegroom. Jungmi nudged her "boyfriend" slightly, "He isn't looking that happy." Jungkook merely glanced their target, not saying anything.

The sound of clapping had stopped as the bride and groom made their ways to the table in the centre front and sat. Waiters entered with dishes on their hands as they served the food and Jungmi spotted Taehyung and Seokjin among them. They had blended in successfully too. Using eye contact, Jungmi informed Seokjin about Junhong. The waiter nodded in acknowledgement. After the third dish, the earpiece buzzled and Jungmi heard Seokjin's voice crackled, "JH is heading towards the reception hall." She know what he meant. Now is the chance to strike a conversation with their first found suspect. Smiling politely to the rest seated on the table, Jungmi excused herself by saying that she needed to go to the washroom.

She had only entered the reception hall when she bumped into someone and fell backwards. Luckily, the person she bumped into had held onto her by her waist and pulled her back easily. Jungmi had bowed and mumbled a quick sorry when she recognized that the person was none other but Choi Junhong. A slightly red-faced Junhong with a cigarette in his mouth. "I-I'm so sorry." The guy had mumbled, his eyes were avoiding hers.

"It's okay, no big deal."Jungmi waved her hand and flashed her teeth, "After all, we should be happy today for the newlyweds." As if her words had some magic, the tall guy frowned instead. Jungmi looked at him in concern. "Hey, are you okay?"

The guy gave out a small laugh, "I suppose. They are getting married finally. It is her dream ever since she was young, to get married to the man she loves and that loves her back unconditionally." The way he mentioned the bride made Jungmi suspicious. He sounded as if he knew Sooyoung all the while. "Uhm, I don't mean to be rude but can I ask you a question?" When the guy nodded, she continued, "Are you close with Sooyoung?"

"I suppose it doesn't harm to tell you since you're a VIP guest. I'm guessing that you must be one of Sooyoung's best friends," Jungmi was a bit surprised that the guy had noticed that she was sitting at the VIP guests' tables when there were so many others and they did not even know each other, "Sooyoung is my twin sister. My noona. I guess she never told you about me, huh?"

This was really a shocking news for Jungmi. She kept her calm and exclaimed, "Oh my, Sooyoung never tell me she has a twin brother. We went to the same college majoring in modelling and acting and yet she never tell me about you. I must have a word with her later. Oh by the way, I'm Kim Mi Soon." Using the information she found about the bride, Jungmi had quickly came out with a perfect lie, hoping to fool the man in front of her. And the guy had obviously fallen into her trap. Junhong sighed and sat on the couch at the corner, "Name's Choi Junhong. No, what she did was right. She wouldn't and shouldn't mention me to her friends."

"Why not?" Jungmi sat beside him. The guy chuckled sadly, "It's because of who I am. What I'm doing." Jungmi had a vague idea what he was trying to say. However, she needed to hear the whole story. She looked down on the floor and played with the hems of her skirt, her voice sounded ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter