001

도망자 : 플랜 X (Fugitives : Plan X)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A black BMW shot passed other vehicles on the highway, its speed dangerously exceeding 130 mph. Three police cars were following tightly behind the said BMW with their sirens blaring loudly. The chase had other vehicles honking their sirens respectively, angry curses and shouts could be heard from the cars that were being overtook without any prior notification. However, none of these had stopped the black BMW from continuing to flee from its pursuers.

"Guys, a little help here." Driving the black BMW in great speed, a young-looking man in blue jeans with the ends ragged and a sleeveless gray shirt spoke to his earpiece, all the time with a smirk on his face.

"Where are you now?" On the other side of the line, a lazy voice mumbled.

Looking around for some roadsigns, the young man replied, "I'm on Road 247, nothing particular in sight since I'm still on the highway." He chuckled lightly before continued, "Is there any way to dump those policemen?"

A few seconds of silence followed before the lazy voice was heard again, "Turn right when you reach the end of the highway. After that, turn right again at the third junction and left twice after that."

Following the instructions given, the young man skillfully steered his car away from the long lines of other vehicles and avoided the long queues of stationary traffic. In a matter of minutes, the police cars were out of sight and the black BMW slowed down to a normal pace. Even though the police cars were not around anymore, the young man never let his guard down as he finally entered the parking lot of his destination.

Getting off the car, the young man walked to the back and opened the car trunk, retrieving a package before closing it again and locking the car. He smiled again as he walked into the building.

Upon reaching the third floor, the young man punched in a series of numbers and the locks clicked, unlocking an old-looking door where a worn out plate with BTS INVESTIGATOR TEAM painted on it. He was greeted by a few pairs of eyes as he made his way in.

"Mission accomplished!" The package was placed on a small desk and almost instantly everyone in the room moved towards the small desk.

Checking the content of the package and making sure that the package was in a perfect condition, a boy in Naruto's outfit beamed at the young man, "Good job, Hoseok!"

"No problem, Taehyung." The young man, Hoseok, replied gleefully. "Those cops are no match for me."

"I think you owe me a 'thank you'." From the other side of the room, a young man with a slightly pale complexion said.

Hoseok turned and looked at the pale boy who was barely looking at him and shrugged, "Yeah yeah, thanks Yoongi."

"It's Yoongi hyung."

"Whatever."

"Anyways, now all that's left is to deliver the package to our client." Namjoon spoke, successfully grabbing the others' attention to him. "Yoongi hyung, has our client contacted us yet?"

Typing swiftly, Yoongi looked through the inbox before shaking his head. "Nope. Not yet."

"Never mind. I think we can contact him first. Tell him we have already gotten his package."

"Alright."

While waiting for their client to reply, everyone in the room went back to their respective places and continued their own tasks. Hoseok went over to the small kitchen's fridge to pour himself a glass of orange juice. Gulping down the refreshing drink, he sighed in content as the cool sensation flowed down his throat and washed over him. He had been with the others in the room for about 5 years now. They called themselves Bangtan (Bulletproof) Top Secret Investigator Team, short for BTS Investigator Team. It was created by Namjoon 5 years ago, a secluded and illegal underground investigator team. Hoseok was among the few that joined the team in its early stage, along with Yoongi and Seokjin. After that, they had recruited two more members, Taehyung and Jimin, both the same age. The last recruitment was one year ago, where the youngest of them joined. A boy barely 18 years old. Jeon Jungkook.

Even though they named their group BTS Investigator Team, their jobs ranged beyond it. They did many kind of jobs, from investigating various cases to solving mystery cases to completing tasks requested by different clients from all over Korea. Due to their high performance and succeeding rates, they were widely known among all the rich and wealthy underground businessmen and those in the dark markets. They were also one of the Top 5 in the blacklist of the police force. However, they were never once caught. Barely anyone knew their secret hideout and their real names and ages, making the task of catching them nearly impossible. Even their clients had never seen their real faces before.

Walking back to the room, Hoseok was told by Seokjin that their client had replied. An address were sent to them as to where the package was to be delivered and another note that asked them to be extra cautious of other potential killers sent by the client's rival and a promise that their pay will be given once the package was safely delivered. Another car race for Hoseok. He could feel his blood being rushed in his veins as anticipation and surges of excitement built up in him. He could even feel the tiniest stingy pain of strong gust of wind that sliced his skin as he drove. His dark brown orbs sparkled.

"Hoseok, this time take Taehyung and Jungkook with you." Namjoon gave out orders to s. The youngest boy and the boy in Naruto's outfit nodded their heads as they both stood up from their seats and started preparing themselves. Two guns were plopped down the belt on the youngest boy's waist while Taehyung hid his set of small knives in the hidden pockets of his cosplay outfit. Hoseok changed into a blue cardigan. The three of them then put on their black hoodies and finally covered their faces with masks. They were ready.

"Good luck." Seokjin who was sipping his cup of tea waved at them. "Or die in the mission."

"You really have to say that?" Hoseok cocked his brow.

"It's our rule, after all." Seokjin said nonchalently, "Besides, Tae and Kookie did not complain at all."

"Whatever. Just wait for my good news."

"You dying is the only good news to me."

"Go to hell."

With that, the three of them headed out of their secret hideout and reached the parking lot. This time, Hoseok chose a bright red Chevrolet Corvette Stingray convertible. Once they sat in the convertible, Hoseok inserted the key and turned it in the ignition, pushed hard on the accelerator and spun the wheel, and the car fishtailed into a semicircle, billowing dust and grit in its wake, zooming out of the parking lot into the busy roads.

The drive this time was much more pleasant as Hoseok managed to keep the speed in the allowed range, enjoying the gust of wind that blew strongly against their otherwise masked faces. Hoseok moved his fingers around the button until he found the one. He pushed the button and loud music started to flow from the radio. It was Big Bang's latest hit, "Loser".

At this time, Taehyung who was sitting at the passenger seat suddenly squinted his eyes at the side mirror. "Someone is following us." He spoke quietly, his voice barely heard above the loud music.

Hoseok glanced at the side mirror on his side. Indeed, he saw a black car following them a few meters away. He could clearly see two men inside the car

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter