Chapter 5

Unexpected Love

Do you know that feeling when you know exactly what a person thinks, but you still don't know what to say? I knew that Kim Woo Bin was thinking about his father, but what could I tell him?

We were still sitting on the bench in the hospital's garden. I have finished my coffee, but Woo Bin didn't even touch his. We didn't talk. I started wondering if he was really thinking about his father, because he had the same expression he had in the victim's room when we were waiting for Ko Ghang Seok. Was he thinking about his work now? Or he was thinking about his father even when he was watching the victim? And the biggest question: why am I trying to read this guy's thoughts!? That's none of my business.

I tried to think about something else, but as I looked around all I could see was ill people helped by nurses to walk through the garden. I saw a woman in a wheelchair. She was alone until a man came like out of nowhere, knelt in front of her and kissed her hands. My lips curved into a little smile. They were probably in love. She is so lucky her boyfriend loves her anyway. I also saw a old man walking with the help of a walking stick. He wouldn't stop coughing, but I saw the smile on his face when he smelled the roses planted in the garden. This people have lots of problems, but they are still happy. The illness didn't knock them down. Life goes on. My father always taught me to be responsable. What would he tell me if he knew I was daydreaming while I had to do my job?

I cleared mt throat and Woo Bin looked at me.

"I feel better. You should eat so we can go back." I said

"I am not hungry. Let's go at Hyung."

I stood and said "Your hyung said you didn't have lunch and that you have to eat."

"Just tell him I did."

"No."

"Why?" he raised his eyebrow and stood. Now the height advantage was at him. "He will believe you."

"Yes, and I am not going to lie to him." I sounded like I was explaing something. I turned my back on him and headed through the door. I heard him saying "aich , this girl " before he came after me.

I laughed "You are just like my 9 years old brother when he doesn't want to eat his vegetables."

"You have a brother?" he asked

"Yes. His name is Park Saan."

"And you are forcing him to eat vegetables? Isn't it a cliche?"

"They are good for his health!"

"But is he eating them everytime you tell him?"

"Well...no."

"Oh, so he has personality. I like that." he smirked

"Oh, let t-" I started saying, but someone interrupt me. It was Ghang Seok calling Kim Woo Bin. He was practically running towards u .

"He woke up. Quick, the doctors don't give him many changes..."

I have no idea how fast I got in the patient's room. I had to keep up with Woo Bin who rather flied than runned.

I don't know anything about medicine, but anybody could realize it was a critic situation. The devices were making a BIP, indicating an alarm and doctor Ahn was next to the victim.

"Detective, you can't be here. Get out." the doctor said

"Will he survive?" Woo Bin asked

"I am doing all I can."

"That's not enough!"

"Detective Kim Woo Bin! I- "

"Kim Woo Bin?" a voice said. A weak voice, but it made all of us freeze. The victim.

"Kim... detective...? Are you still looking... for him? " the man said .

"Don't talk. Your condition is not good. You don't have to say anything-" the doctor said

"Oh, I will... I will say something. I... hope you will find him... He killed your father... he.... killed me..."

"Where is he?" Woo Bin asked. Again he was controling his anger, but this time he wasn't arguing with a friend. He didn't look intimidating anymore. He was frightening. Before I saw a light in his eyes. This time it was a lightning, a storm.

"He is one of you... the riches... he... knows you are... looking for him... he is hiding.... "

"He can't talk anymore, leave!" Doctor Ahn said exasperated

"Where can I find him?" Kim Woo Bin asked

"You riches... Bauccus .... he likes old... collection... "

The BIPs intensified .He was dying.

"Find him... find him..."

"That's enough. This man is dying. Get out." the doctor said. He said dying but I know Woo Bin wouldn't exit if he didn't know that the man was dead.

Ko Ghang Seok was outside. Woo Bin passed him without looking at him.

"Park Shin Hye... you better leave. The man died so there is nothing you can find out here."

"Kim Woo Bin ..."

"He will be fine. This is his personal problem."

" ....I understand "

Ghang Seok smiled and left. I left, too, because I had to meet Kang So Ra. I headed to our favorite restaurant. I was the first who arrived so I sat at a table and waited for her. I was still thinking about what happened at the hospital. The man's words were repeting in my head.

"He killed your father... he ... killed me ..."

The man who ordered the murder was the same person who killed Kim Wo Bin's father? All I knew was that he died while he was trying to catch a trafficker or a thief... His death was a mistery.

"Shin Hye! Are you deaf?"

"So Ra... Sorry I didn't hear you."

Kang So Ra sat "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I'm just tired. I went to the hospital. The man died. "

"Oh, so now we are talking about a murder! When will the article be ready?"

"I will finish it tomorrow."

"Good. Shin Hye, did you heard the news?"

"What news?"

"Director Lee will sell the newspaper."

"What?! "

"He had other bussines, too. Comapanies, whatever. Some of his bussines went bad and he have to sell the newspaper to pay back, I don't know, the investitors...?  I don't know to many detalies."

"To who is he selling? What if we lose our jobs?"

"We will not. The person who's buying the paper wants to reinvent it. We will keep our jobs, you'll see. Anyway, enough with the work for no . It's a beutiful sunday, let's enjoy it! Wanna go shoping?"

"...Sure "

Why not? Maybe I will get rid of this thoughts. So many things happened in one day...