Chapter 10

Unexpected Love

Sunday came faster than I expected. You know when you are looking forward to something and you think it will take weeks until it actually happens, but then you find yourself in front of the event? Maybe I am not clear enough: I was looking forward to seeing Kim Woo Bin.Yes, I admit it. I am no longer a teenager at her first love. And, after all, what would be wrong with being attracted by a man?

Except that I was really acting like a girl at her first love. I don't say that I was loving Kim Woo Bin. But that didn't stopped me from standing in my room, in front of my closet, wondering what to wear. Kim Woo Bin was always impecablly dressed and I knew that he was paying attention to it. I couldn't look less than fabulous.

Geez, I'm so snob!, I though. I only met him couple weeks ago, why do I care that much?

Then flashbackes came in my mind. Because I laughed with him, especially at Bacchus Garden when we joked and played golf. Because he protected me when I was on point of being killed by those prisoners at the jail. Because he proved that he understands me when I almost fainted at the hospital.

But I was supposed to go riding bicycles, not at a party, and my brother was coming with us. I decided that I had to dress casually. Better than embarassing myself wearing some fancy clothes that would make me feel uncomfortable. I wore a brown leather-like pair of jeans, a white loose shirt and some comfortable sport shoes. I had several bracelets at my left hand whose colors matched with my pants. After I curled a little my hair, I was happy with my look.

I talked with Kim Woo Bin at the phone about where we shoud go riding.

"No worry" he said "I know the perfect place"

He told me where we should meet and he was already waiting for us there when Saan and I came. It was a marvelous place, actually. Bike lanes surrounded on both sides by trees and wild flowers. Pretty far from us I saw a lake.

"Let's go closer! " Saan said

"You want to see the lake ?"

"Yes!"

"I bet I can get there before you " Woo Bin said and the he hurryed towards the lake followed by my brother and then me. I smiled to myself when I saw how he was riding slower so Saan could be on the first place. I prefered to be the third one so I can watch them. My brother was having so much fun that Woo Bin and I couldn't help but laugh, too.

"The finish is at the tallest tree near the lake!" Saan said

The fight for the first place was even funnier to watch . Yes, Woo Bin tried to be kind and let Saan win, but what kind of sister would I be if I didn't tease my brother? Fights between slibings are sacred. I started to ride faster. It was easy to pass my brother and even Woo Bin, because he was riding slower than Saan could win. That's how I was the first one who got near the tree.

"Yaaa!" my brother and Woo Bin yelled at once. Their faces made it impossible for me to control my laughter. I almost fell of my bike. Then Woo Bin and Saan laughed too.

"Aich I almost won!" my brother complained

"No, I was the one winning" Woo Bin argued jokingly

"Tsk, you men and your ego" I mocked "Let's go further!"  We continued riding .

"Look, a squirrel!" Saan said . The squirrel was jumping from a tree to another and my brother was riding after it.

"Saan, don't leave the road!" I yelled after him, but he didn't listen to me. He rode through the trees and bushes. Woo Bin and I went after him.

"Aich!" I heard Saan yelling. I saw my brother lying on the ground near his bicycle. Kim Woo Bin and I helped him up.

"Are you alright, buddy?"

"Saan, I told you to stay on the road "

My brother put on a sweet apologizing smile " Sorry. But I'm fine ."

"It's almost lunch time, we should take a break . I know a place , we just got to ride a little further." Woo Bin said chaning the subject

I took his advice and we got on our bicycles. The fell didn't take away my brother's excitment, he was still laughing with Woo Bin. I couldn't be mad at him for too long, so I joined them. After a while I spot the place where Woo Bin was leading us to. In front of us was a nice restaurant. We left our bicycles outside and we entered. The place was nice, with a very relaxed atmosphere.

Almost all the tables were occupied, but when we entered a group of three men was about to leave. We took their table which was right next to a huge window. Saan imediatly took his place in the chair most close to it.

"Do you like this place?" Kim Woo Bin asked

"Yes!" Saan said "Look, Shin Hye, we can see the lake from here!"

"Yes, it's beautiful. Do you come here often?" I asked

"Uhm, I used to. When I was younger. My father used to take me and ommoni here. "

"And now you brought me and Park Shin Hye here! " Saan said

Woo Bin looked at me when answered "Yeah "

The waiter came and took our order.

When we finished our meal and we were about to leave, Kim Woo Bin's phone rang. He excused himself and answered.

"Yes? ...When? ... No , it's not far from where I am . ... I'll call you " He hung up then looked at me

"Something's wrong ?" I asked

"Yoo In-na called me. We got a case and ... you would probably want to come with me 

Brilliant. What now ?