Chapter 7

Unexpected Love

Two days later I came at the mansion at 8AM sharp.

"You are one of the few punctual persons I know." Yoon Son-ha said

She was sitting at a table waiting for breakfast. "Must be great to have someone who cooks for you everyday" I thought.

"I received your emails and secretary Baek also gave me all the information I need about the newspaper. I want to make a few changes. Tomorrow I will have a press conference and I will announce that I am the new owner of Seoul News. After that I will talk with Miss Kang So Ra about the changes I was talking about-"

"Good morning" I heard a familiar voice saying. I looked up to see Kim Woo Bin coming down the stairs.

"Oh, how comes I have the honour to have breakfast with my son? Nobody robbed or killed anybody?" Director Yoon asked ironically.

Woo Bin smiled at his mother like a good son and bent down to give her a peck on the cheek. His mother chuckled at his imaturity, but she didn't hold back her smile. I felt jealosy at the image of maternal love. I missed my mother so much.

Secreatary Baek entered in the room with a coup of coffee in his hands. He put it on the table in front of Kim Woo Bin.

"Thank you, ajjussi"

"You are welcome, master" Baek smiled at him, taking his place next to me. We were both standing in Director Yoon's right and in front of Kim Woo Bin. I noticed again that Woo Bin is not acting with secretary Back like he should be acting towards an ordinary employee . 

Secreatary Baek and I left the room so our boss and her son to have breakfast in private. 

"How do you like your work until now?" he asked me 

"Uhm, it is fine. I mean, I didn't have enough time to get used to my new responsabilities, but nothing can bother me as long as I work hard."

His lips curved into a smile "That's the way a winner talks. But... Park Shin Hye, may I ask you a question?"

"Of course "

"In the past... before you met Director Yoon, have you ever had something to do with this family? Have you ever met another member of this family?"

I was really confused. What did he mean?

"Uhm... no, I did not. But why...?"

"I am sorry. I shouldn't have asked you. Just... You have a familiar look, but I don't know where I saw... It doesn't matter. Please forget I said this."

"Yes, secretary Baek."

I heard the door opening behind me. 

"Park Shin Hye, I have to talk to you. Ajjussi ...." Kim Woo Bin said

"I wil go to see if your mother needs something, master." secretary Baek said and left

"What is this about?" I asked

"You remember the murder case..."

"I can't forget it."

"It hasn't been closed yet. I found out the meaning of the man's last words... I know where I can find the killer"

My eyes widened "Do you?"

"Yes, and Yoo In-na wanted to contact you, in case you want to finish your article. But I told her that I can talk to you faster."

"Thank you. I want to come with you. When..."

"Right now. Huyng is waiting for us there." he said and walked past me. I followed him and and I got in the car when he opened the door for me. And what a car! I think that was a maserati. 

"Aich, I forgot to ask for Director Yoon's permission. " I burst

Woo Bin let out a small laugh "Relax, mother likes you and she'll forgive you. I can tell her that it was something important."

"Thanks, but what if she needs me?"

"Ajjussi can help her."

"Kim Woo Bin, why are you calling secreatary Baek ajjussi?" I asked 

By the look on his face I realized that my question is inconvinient.

"Why are you asking that?"

"Curiosity. Is this inconvinient?"

"Kind of."

"Good."

Woo Bin took his eyes off the road and looked at me with his eyebrow raised "Good?"

"I'm a reporter. My questions always have to be inconvinient."

Kim Woo Bin laughed. He has a nice laugh , he should laugh more often.

"I am calling secretary Beak ajjussi, because I know him since I was a kid. He... he was my father's best friend, not just an employee. Look, we're here."

"huh?" I looked out and I saw a place I didn't even know existed. On the left side of the road I saw a forest and on the right side a huge wooden gate. I read the inscription: Bacchus Garden.

"Bacchus Garden? What are we doing here?"

"This is a high class club where the collectors are meeting." Woo Bin said

Then I remembered what the man said "You riches... Bacchus... he likes old .. collection..." . 

"So the killer was a rich person, who knows? maybe a chaebol, and he is a memeber of this club with weird name." I said

Woo Bin laughed again "Taking you here was a brilliant idea. Yes, you're right."

"Oh, look. Ko Ghang Seok and your boss are coming." I said and it was true. From behind Woo Bin I saw two persons coming and I recognized them.

"Ya, Yoo In-na is not my boss"

"...?"

"Hyung, I and she are team. She is the leader, not my boss "

"That's kind of the same thing " I said sarcastically 

"How comes you are always acting like this? " he muttered to himself, but I heard him 

"Like what ?"

"Unpredictable and...Different " he shrugged. Then we made eye contact. Don't know why, but I just couldn't stop looking in those dark eyes of his. Then I felt that Ghang Seok and In-na were just a few stept away from us. I broke eye-contact with Woo Bin and whispered so they can't heard me "I am different " .

Woo Bin heard me and his lips curved into a little smile. I didn't know why I said that, but it was true. I am not like everybody else. I can't be. I'd hate myself if I was.

"Hello, Park Shin Hye, Woo Bin! Sorry we're late!" Ghang Seok said

"Reporter Park ..." Yoo In-na greeted me 

Used with Ghang Seok's friendly demeanor I felt uneasy when she greeted me so formally. I almost bowed my head a little and said "Good morning." I didn't know why we can't be friendly to each other, but that's what I felt. Like she has rejected me either because she was a professional or she simply doesn't like me. 

"I am sorry, sir, I can not let you in." I heard a voice saying. I turned back to see a security guard who was talking with Kim Woo Bin. "Only members can enter here "

"We all want to become members. Paying the entry fee is all we have to do?" he said pulling out his wallet from his pocket. He handed the security guard his credit card. It was a high class club, so I imagined how expensive it had to be. I thought it wasn't fair Woo Bin to pay for all of us, but I think he was the only one who could afford it. And since we didn't know the killer's name, we had to look for him without he knowing we are. 

"Yes, and you alse have to sign a few papers. Go to the main building for this. Here is your credit card, sir." the security guard said and nodded his head towards his co-worker who opened the gate.

The four of us entered. 

"How are you going to find him?" I asked 

"We looked for informaton about every member of this club. We have 3-4 suspects, but we are still investigating."In-na answered like always when the conversation was about her job. It was obvious she was the boss and I gave Woo Bin an "I told you so" look. That made him smile and he said:

"Most of them are playing golf at this time of the day. We should go there. Do you know how to play, Shin Hye?"

"I do. I used to play golf with my father, but I haven't played in a while."

"It's enough you know the rules." he said 

We went to the office from the main building to sign some papers and then we headed right to the golf course. I can say a single thing about it: it was huge, like everything in this world that I wasn't used to. I felt like Yoo In-na and Ko Ghang Seok shared my feelings (but the three of us were trying to look cool so we don't seem suspicious). The only one accommodated with this was Kim Woo Bin. Living in this world since he was born, he felt like home. 

We bought some clothes, because none of us had the equipment. 

The game was fun. Yeah, I know I was there for my job, but I have to live my life, too! And it was fun to see how Ghang Seok expressed his frustation when his ball wasn't even close by the hole. Yoo In-na wasn't attentive to the game, she was just looking around, studing every face she saw.

Even some members of the club were worse than me at golf and that made me fell comfortable. I was more in a competition with Woo Bin who was the best of us. He didn't missed any hole and the other members noticed him. I think that was what he wanted to, but he still had time to compete with me. 

The game endend, of course with Woo Bin's victory and 3 middle aged men came to congratulate him.

"It was a great game, sir." the tallest of them shook Woo Bin's hand "I was impressed especially by the 3rd hole. You could be in the national team!"

"Thank you, but I am not that good, sir. "

"Won't you and your friends want to join us at lunch?"

"I am sorry, but this is our first day here and we have not finished the papers. Maybe another time."

"Oh yes, the interminable papers of that director are the most annoying thing here. Otherwise you will have a great time in this club. Have a good day."

We said good bye and we left the golf course. 

"You did good you turned off their invitation. Definitelly none of them was the one we are looking for." Yoo In-na said 

"But there are still enough suspects" Ghang Seok said " How are we-"

"Careful!" Woo Bin yelled. Exactly in that moment I heard a terrible noise. A gun. The bullets were coming from three different directions. I didn't even know where I could hide. Kim Woo Bin pulled me behind a big stone, part of the decor. Ghang Seok and In-na were in our right, hided behind another huge stone. 

The three of them had guns and they shot in the direction of the attackers. My mind was working fast. What was happening? How did the killer find out we are looking for him here? How could this happen in a high class club? I think that the fight last less than 2 minutes, until the security guards came. The attackers dissapeared like they have never been there. 

Kim Woo Bin throwed his gun in frustration.

"Damn it!" he shouted 

"Woo Bin..." I said surprised

He looked at me. I saw again that look in his eyes, that storm...

He cursed under his breath and broke eye contact.

But I realized. It wasn't just a case for him.

"He killed your father.... he .. killed me " 

It was personal.