Chapter 5: Goodnight

I'm Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Okay, that’s it. I’m done being a human.

I continued staring at them confused with my whole entity, as they still fostered shocked expressions on their faces. Day 10; and I’m still confused at every move these humans make.

“Jin!” Eunhae beamed and ran to Jin with open arms. Jin, now wearing a big smile, hugged Eunhae tightly while chuckling like the old lady across our dorm.

“Hey! I never heard from you since high school!” she punched Jin’s arm while the taller guy just hissed in pain while she flicked his forehead. “Well, how could I? You suddenly became a big icon in Korea.”

They continued conversing while smiling endlessly. I swear, I could almost see glitters and rainbows from both of them.

“Sorry to interrupt your heart warming and tear jerking reunion, but would you mind to explain what is happening here?” they stopped and looked my way, while I stared back like a dead fish.

“Oh- right, I forgot you have an amnesia.” She put a hand over her face and chuckled. I believe this is what they call a facepalm because you know… the palm over the face and – you get what I mean.

“Jin is my childhood friend – well, our childhood friend. We practically grew up together while borrowing each other’s diapers and stuff like that.” Oh, that’s it!

“No wonder Jin hyung knows a lot about me. I actually kind of considered Jin hyung to be my stalker or something.” With that said, a punch came flying my way. “Hey! I’m not that creepy- wait, how did, huh?- wait, Yoongi knew where you were all along? Why this kid-“ He then wrapped his arm around my neck and did a headlock.

Goodbye, world.
I’ll probably be a pirate ship in my next life.

Eunhae laughed and flicked on Jin’s head. “Hey! Yoongi and I haven’t seen each other for as long as you and I did. We got in contact again when that accident happened.” The more these humans speak, the more confused I get.

After almost dying, Jin finally released me from his deathly move. “Oh really? Why didn’t you say so?” he ruffled my hair while pinching my cheeks.

I would’ve if I even got a clue on what is happening here.

“How could I? my brain’s as empty as our fridge and I was at the verge of death just a while ago.” I simply stated, while Jin just said a simple sorry. A sorry. As if that’ll help if I did die just then.

“So Eunhae, what are you doing here in our company?” he finally asked while returning his attention at his food while devouring it mercilessly.

“I signed up with Big Hit so I guess this is my company too.” She smiled, stealing a slice out of Jin’s French toast, which in return, Jin glared at her. Oh, you don’t want to do that.

Well, it was nice knowing you Kim Eunhae.

Jin growled and reached out his long arm to steal back his precious food but it was too late. With a smirk on her face, Eunhae ate the whole thing up and cheered in victory.

“You never do change, Kim Seokjin. You’re still as greedy with food as you were before.” She chuckled, her fingers with the last bit of French toast goodness. “ Wait, what was that name kids used to call you?-“

“Don’t you dare, Eunhae” he glared at her.

“ Ah, right! Seokby.” Jin screamed in defeat and covered his ears.

“Seokby? That’s a weird name.” I asked, clueless at the wailing Jin beside me, cursing at Eunhae under his breaths.

“Yup, Seokby. It’s a mixture of Seokjin and chubby.” She chuckled, sighing happily while Jin cringed while covering his ears tightly. “I remembered our little Jinny being a bit plump before with his circular glasses. He was so cute! Also-“ hearing enough, Jin got up and covered Eunhae’s mouth.

“Why’d you stop her? It was getting really interesting, Seokby.” I teased, trying to form an evil smirk, which ended up looking like I was a constipated deer.

“Good one, Yoongi. I like your….expression. Now that’s more interesting.” He laughed. “For your information, I still haven’t forgiven you Kim Eunhae.”

“You never do, Seokby. Ever since we were kids.” She laughed, mocking the older male.

“Are you sure? Then do you remember what the kids used to call you?” he smirked while Eunhae’s smile dropped.

“No way.”

“Yes way, crybaby.” He laughed, poking her puffed cheek. Eunhae cringed and looked for a shovel to dig herself under a hole.

“Oh and by the way Yoongi, she’s called a crybaby because she cries over everything. Our day wouldn’t be complete without a crying Eunhae. She even cried when she stepped on an ant, yelling she was a murderer. And-“  burying her face, she covered his mouth and admitted defeat.

“I get it, I get it. I lose. Now can you please stop?” she begged while Jin’s smirk didn’t falter. “Oh we’re not done yet.”

Wow, this is like watching a dog and cat fight.
It took too long though.
They didn’t even notice me go to the toilet.

Munching my doughnut, they continued to bicker.
 Yes, I have a doughnut. I bought it while they were too busy arguing about which of them got the most stars from their teachers.

Personally, I think it’s Yoongi.
If he was able to endure all this bickering for years, then getting stars must be a piece of cake for him.

After another 20 minutes, the still talked non-stop. I didn’t know Eunhae was a chatterbox. No one can stop her from talking. Well, no one can stop them from talking. It’s kind of cute actually. But most of the time, I just want to put a sock in their mouths.

Dropping my spoon, they finally took notice of my presence. “Oh, Yoongi. What was that?”

“Oh my spoon just fell down. Now I don’t have a spoon to eat my cake.” I frowned.

“Cake? When did you get that?” Jin scratched his head.

“I got it after taking a walk around the building for a while. I was planning to walk around Seoul afterwards, if you two continued to talk after I finish my cake.”

“Wow, time goes by fast.” Eunhae exclaimed, as Jin glanced at his watch. “No kidding. We’ve been talking for hours.” With a sigh, they both looked at me frowning while staring intently at my vanilla cheesecake.

“What’s with that cake though?”

“What do you mean?” I asked, without sparing a second to look at Eunhae.

“I mean, you don’t like sweets at all. Cakes, especially.” She chuckled, “This reminds me, your brother –“ she stopped as her smile faded. Jin looked at her and sighed.

“It’s just that your brother loved sweets, that’s all.”

“Oh, really? Then I guess I’ll bring him some when I have time.”

Jin nodded and ruffled my hair. “Yeah, let’s do that.”

With the perfect timing, Jin’s phone buzzed. It seems like it was a phone call. Jin picked up his phone with a smile.

“Hey.” He answered, immersed in the conversation in his phone.

“Yes, yes, Jimin. Yoongi’s still alive. Tell Taehyung that he refuses to be a pirate ship.” with a couple more of nods and a simple ‘got it’, Jin hung up and closed his phone.

Well, I’m guessing that was a conversation I should never hear in my whole life.

“What was that about? You look happy.”
“It was the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter