Chapter 16: Home

I'm Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Are you sure you’re going to be alright here alone? You could always come with me to Gwangju, you know?” Hoseok worried, but Jimin had already told the older male that he’ll be fine for only about a hundred times. “I’m going to be fine, hyung. Don’t worry. I’ll still be here after three days. I won’t die. I think.”

“Yeah, Jimin. Why won’t you come home to Busan with me?” Jimin tried to hold back the urge of his fist to come flying at the maknae’s stomach, after he did not address him as his hyung. “Hey-“ he sighed, calming himself down, “It’s ‘hyung’ for you, Jeon Jungkook. Also, my parents are out of town so there’s really no reason to come back. Also, I want to go somewhere. Something like an adventure by myself. Camping, maybe?” he chuckled, though Jin hyung clearly looked displeased.

“Camping my , Park Jimin. If you lay those sheets I just washed on the ground outside of our dorm again, saying that you’re ‘camping out’, I swear you won’t get any food from me.” Jin hyung huffed, while jimin whined. If I had to describe how annoying his whines are, just imagine the sound of fingernails being scratched against a chalkboard while there’s a baby crying at the side. Makes you want to punch him, right? Our feelings are mutual, then.

“Oh, Hoseok-ah, your bus had arrived.” Hanbyul said, smiling at the Gwangju boy. “Oh, guys I’m going to miss you all.” He gathered the boys and gave them a big hug, almost choking the poor Jungkook at the side. He finally released the boys from his deathly hug, while his eyes became teary. “All of you be good while I’m away, okay?” Goodness, we’ll see each other after three days.

“Hey, Yoongi hyung.” I flinched as he called me. Oh goodness no. Without any warnings, he hugged me tightly. So tight that I have even thought that he has intentions to kill me. I think he just broke my rib #10 somewhere. He finally let go, while I inhaled oxygen to save my life.

“Yoongi hyung, don’t forget me okay? Eat a lot, okay? Our debut is near so always find time to practice dancing. I’ll also practice my rapping, okay?” he sniffled, trying to hold back his tears. Again, three days. We’ll see each other after three freaking days. I sighed. “Alright, alright. Now, go. The bus might leave you.”

Miss. He’s going to miss us. Somehow, it warms my heart, knowing that someone will miss me. But wait… who will he miss? Yoongi or Suga? Thinking about it confuses me.

Hoseok ran to Eunhae and gave her a small hug, while the girl smiled at the male, promising to buy him sweets from Daegu. He quickly dashed towards the bus. Though it seems like he’s more waddling than running, thanks to his humungous backpack.

“Take care!” Hanbyul shouted from afar, waving happily at the kid. Suddenly, Hoseok stopped and ran back, approaching Hanbyul. “Hey, why are you-“

Hanbyul couldn’t even say a word, once Hoseok tackled her with a hug. I don’t know if it’s only me or Hoseok hugged Hanbyul way longer than he did to all of us. Hoseok finally let go, smiling at the girl, before waddling back towards the bus which almost left if Hoseok arrived a second later.

Suddenly, I felt someone tugging my shirt. I looked and saw Eunhae who was munching a mini kimbap. She continued munching in silence, while we looked at each other. “ So…what is it?”

“What?”

“Why did you do this?” I tugged her shirt a bit to demonstrate.

“Ah…. I forgot what I was supposed to say.” Goodness. It’s quite typical for this girl, though. Though her munching noises is annoying the hell out of me. This girl can be really weird at times.

“Hey, what are you two still doing there? The bus is leaving now!” Jin hyung shouted from the window of the bus. My jaw dropped as I saw the bus going to Daegu already moving. .

Eunhae dropped all the mini kimbaps she was carrying as we were running to get our butts in the bus. Her sunglasses almost fell as well as she hopped in the bus just on time. Well, surely ten years have been taken off of my lifespan.

“What were you both doing? Hey, Kim Eunhae. Didn’t I tell you to call Yoongi?” Eunhae simply stared at the older male, munching another mini kimbap. Now where did that come from? Just how many did she buy?

“Hey, I’m sorry, okay? I mean, what do you expect? It’s 6 am in the morning. Half of my brain is still in dreamland.” She shrugged, as if she was the most innocent kimbap eating girl.

 Smooth, Eunhae.

I quickly sat on my seat and watched the other guys waving goodbye at us. Though they were far away, the huge grin from Taehyung was hard to miss. Oh, right. Kim Taehyung.

“Wait, I’m surprised Taehyung didn’t come with you, Eunhae.” the girl hummed, looking at me.  I stared at the girl who seemed to be rummaging through her things. My guess is that she was looking for more of her snacks. Come to think of it, I think she left a bag of chips on the bench at the station.

“Oh, Taehyung? I did ask him if he wanted to come and meet my uncle. Also, grandpa is there. He refused, though. Even after all that persuasion.” She sighed, slightly huffing. Yup, definitely siblings. Both are too stubborn to even describe.

“Why? He’d usually just cling to you.” The girl shrugged, slightly frowning. I guess she really wanted him to come. “He did say he was going to fix stuff up with his mom. I’m okay with it though.”

“Hey, don’t tell me-“ I paused, “You miss him already? Didn’t know you were the clingy type. But then again, you are siblings. And Taehyung is annoyingly clingy.” Suddenly, a small fist came flying towards my right arm. I hissed, glaring daggers at the girl. If this girl doesn’t stop, I would gladly open this window and throw her off. Daegu doesn’t need violent people anyway.

“Hey! I’m not clingy,” she pouted and huffed, “and why is it so cold here?” I sighed at the girl who was currently shivering from the coldness. After I reminded her to bring a jacket, she still didn’t listen. It makes me wonder when she’ll actually listen to me. Another sigh escaped my mouth. Oh, Kim Eunhae. What will you do without me?

I quickly took my backpack beside, almost unwillingly. I rummaged through my stuff for quite a while before I finally found the blanket I packed for emergency purposes. Here, I question myself why am I such a disorganized person. I almost flipped my bag over because I literally couldn’t find it under all those unnecessary stuff I packed. Wait, what is Jungkook’s iron man socks doing in here?

“Geez, didn’t I tell you to bring a jacket? I guess it can’t be helped. Here you g-“ Before I could even finish my sentence, I stopped as I saw Jin hyung draping his own jacket around Eunhae. I bet they didn’t even hear me talking from their laughter. Both of them were literally all smiles. I grew quiet for a while and simply watched the two of them goofing around. Somehow, I felt weird.

“Oh- were you saying something, Yoongi?” Eunhae finally asked, while I hurriedly hid the blanket back in my bag. “No. You’re probably hearing things.” The girl shrugged as I looked away to face the window. I took a quick peek at the two and heaved a sigh. Pursing my lips into a thin line, I leaned towards the window closer, fogging up the glass a bit with my warm breath. Pull yourself together, Suga.

It’s been a few weeks since the trip from Jeju. Since then, I’ve always been feeling something weird whenever I see Eunhae and Jin hyung together. Yes, I know it’s odd. I mean, why should I? They basically grew up together and well- love each other. Nothing out of the ordinary if they do hang out a lot together, right? I’d be lying if I say that I feel completely fine with it. In reality, I feel the exact opposite. I really do care for the both of them a lot but when I see them laugh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter