Chapter 14: Just Yoongi

I'm Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 14

Oh, how I regretted going out of my room to babysit these idiots, minus Bang PD-nim of course. Though that man mostly just eats ice cream at one corner. I sighed, fanning myself as I was slowly melting, thanks to the hotness of summer. Is it really supposed to be this hot? I wish Fall comes very soon.

I sat under a shade, facing the wide and blue beach, while the others played like elementary students. I could already see the red marks on Hoseok’s skin. Man, that kid is totally burned all over. I wonder how he’ll handle those sunburns afterwards. Well, whatever. He can do whatever he wants, as long as he leaves me out of it. I sighed, once more. He’ll probably ask me where I keep my medicine for those when I reminded him about that ten times before we left. Emphasis on ‘ten times’.

I sipped my freshly blended mango shake, while I continue melting. To be honest, there’s really nothing for me to do. Well, mostly because the hot weather is making me more lazy than I ever was. I simply watched Hoseok, Hanbyul, Jungkook, and Namjoon play volleyball under the heat of the sun. I would’ve already fainted if I were them. I feel like the sun rays are already penetrating their skin. How are they still alive under the sun, when I’m barely living under the shade? I shook my head. I’m probably growing too old. Or is it Yoongi?

Jin hyung was accompanying Jimin, saying that he might drown in the water. But to me, it’s most likely Jin hyung to drown, rather than that kid. He can barely stand up in the water. He always fall whenever he does. I shook my head again. He’s probably growing too old.  Meanwhile, Jimin… I don’t know how many times now he attempted to skinny dip. I swear, if it weren’t for Jin hyung, this kid could not survive on his own.

“Hey, put that down! Kim Taehyung!” I glanced at the yelling Eunhae at the other side, scolding the extraterrestrial species named Kim Taehyung. Taehyung laughed cheekily, grabbing all the meat that could fit his mouth, which is of a size of a tub. Actually, Eunhae and Taehyung were the one in charge for the food, but it seems that only Eunhae is the one grilling the meat. Taehyung, well, he eats them all before he could even spell my name. I sighed at the kid. Well, I’m just relieved that they’re both back to normal now.  

“Geez, I can’t believe you ate all that!” the girl sighed, “That’s it. You aren’t getting anymore meat later, got it?” she said sternly, while watching the glorious beef sizzle. Just by the smell, I can feel my mouth water already.  “No fair!” The boy pouted like a 3-year-old kid.

“How is that not fair?”

“I’m your brother! I should be getting special treatment here.” He crossed his arms, still pouting.

“And you’re saying that’s fair? No, no. Besides, you ate more than your share already. You’re probably full now, right?”

The boy shook his head. Of course, he has a black hole attached to his esophagus. Well, each of these boys has one, truthfully speaking. Eunhae sighed, shaking her head at this boy’s absurdity. “Fine, fine. I’ll share mine with you. Only half of it, okay? Half.” The boy nodded ecstatically, hugging the life out of Eunhae, while the girl could only click her tongue. “I swear, you’re so spoiled. If only I don’t find you cute-“

“Well, you’re the one that’s spoiling him though.” I said in a low tone, trying to keep my smirk hidden. The siblings both turned to me, while Eunhae’s piercing glare could be felt even though we’re 10 meters apart. “Do you mind repeating that for me, Min Yoongi?”

“Yeah. I said you’re spoiling that creature.” I pointed at Taehyung, while the girl shook her head. “Hey, I’m not! Didn’t you hear? I’m only giving him half. Half, okay?!” yeah, cause that’s totally not spoiling him after he ate more than half of the meat we have. “Whatever.” I rolled my eyes, while the girl puffed her cheeks. Typical Eunhae.

While Eunhae was focused on me, Taehyung stuck his tongue out at her back and made a silly mocking dance. I laughed internally, thinking how he has always been a little . Before the girl could even say more things that annoy me, I smiled at her sarcastically and looked away to watch the guys playing volleyball. What now, Eunhae? I snickered to myself.

Before I realized it, I was already being dragged by the brunette haired girl. Slowly, my legs are being exposed to the scorching heat rays of the sun. , I’m burning.

The girl pulled my legs until I was completely outside of the shade. I could feel myself melt, while the girl had a smug look on her face. Can I punch her now? “Are you freaking crazy? Why’d you do that?”

“I just want to, why? If you can annoy me, then I can annoy you too!” I clicked my tongue and tried to crawl back to my spot. Too bad, I couldn’t. Eunhae grabbed my legs again and pulled me farther. I could’ve sworn I swallowed some sand in my mouth. I’m really judging Yoongi’s tastes in women right now.

I cursed under my breath, while the girl laughed at me like I’m some idiot. Unforgivable. Just you wait, you’ll pay for all this, Kim Eunhae. I growled at her, while she playfully winked. That’s it, I’m going to punch her. There’s no hope for a girl like her.

Suddenly, an idea popped in my head. “Oh, right, Eunhae.” She looked at me, “I don’t think it’s really the time to be worrying about me.”

“Huh? What?” She asked, clueless. I smirked, pointing at Taehyung, and now Jin and Jimin, who are eating all the meat she just cooked. Ah, as expected, her horrified face is my favorite.

“Hey!” She shouted, while the guys ran away as they saw Eunhae sprinting towards them. “Get back here! There’ll be no meat for all of you! Do you know how hard it is to control myself from eating that!?” I shook my head, as they chased each other in the middle of the beach. I sighed.

Yeah, I’m friends with idiots.

Before I could even crawl back to my spot with my remaining strength, A shriek was heard. I looked behind and saw Hanbyul on the ground, clenching her right ankle close to her chest. “Hanbyul!” Everyone yelled in unison, gathering around the hurting girl.

“Hey, are you okay? I’m sorry.” Hoseok apologized, trying to help Hanbyul get into a comfortable position. The girl tried to chuckle, despite the pain she’s feeling. “Why are you sorry, Hoseok-ah? It’s not your fault. I was just too careless, that’s why I tripped.” She smiled, though the pain she’s feeling is visible on her expression. “Let’s get you to the nearest clinic.” Hoseok suggested.

“No, no. let’s play, or else you’ll have to forfeit and do the punishment. I can still-“

“How can you play at this state? I’d rather lose than see you like this.” He said loudly, shocking everyone. Well, that was unusual. Hoseok usually talked really softly and sweetly with Hanbyul. I’s quite new for him to yell at her. Was he angry? Why?

But then I looked at his eyes. Those were the same eyes Eunhae had when he found us at the park. Those were the eyes when… when I saw how nervous Eunhae was on the press conference.

 

Oh, right.

He’s worried.

 

“But-“ Hanbyul frowned, knowing that Hoseok has to forfeit and do the punishment. Seriously, why do they even have to play games with punishments like being a slave for a week? Well, I guess it’s way more fun that way.

“It’s okay. Besides

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter