Chapter 3: Just human

I'm Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Just who in the world is Haemi? Even I’m starting to doubt her. Maybe all those negative comments were right. Maybe she’s not as good as she appears like. Maybe she’s just using me for her own gain. Even the user greenapple_901283 says that “Haemi loves using people and manipulating them kekeke”. Even though I’m a bit convinced with greenapple_901283’s statement, what does ‘kekeke’ even mean? No, seriously. Are humans capable of creating such a horrid word? Is that some kind of code when they want to annihilate someone? Well, I don’t want to know, and certainly, I don’t want to say it either.

It has been days since I’ve last seen her. It has also been days since I’ve started living with the boys. So far, nothing bad has happened to me. Thankfully. I hope they’d drop the idea of killing me soon. I have a feeling that Jimin would attack me one night with the spatula JIn had just used that he’s happily right now. I didn’t know how much these boys loved the older guy’s cooking. I can’t believe that last night, they actually fought for an hour on who’ll get to eat the last remaining dumpling the Jin made. Which of course, I got to have, thanks to choreographer hyung who dropped by to check on the boys. The boys received an earful of scolding from choreo hyung, while I received a mouthful of heavenly delicious dumpling in my mouth.

Yep, I’m liking this choreo hyung.

“Hey, Yoongi! Do you mind helping me carry the pancakes to the table? I can’t trust anyone but you. If it were the other boys, they would’ve finished the whole thing before the poor plate even reaches the table.” Jin explained while a sigh escaped his system. Jin probably had it hard from the looks of these boys.

“Sure.” I blankly stared at him, before carrying the giant plate full of pancakes. Jin, on the other hand, were carrying the plates that we’ll use. We then carried the stuff together to the dining table. I was mentally startled after looking at how the five boys looked like when craving for Jin’s food. It was really disturbing, especially when they are all looking at the food very intently.

“Alright, guys. Dig i-“ Before Jin could even finish speaking, the boys cheered and rushed towards their own seats, taking a piece each while drenching the poor thing with maple syrup. I was especially speechless. I just can’t get used to this.

“Take a sit, Yoongi. Never mind these wolves, they’ve always been that messy with food. Eat up.” Jin smiled kindly, while he took three slices of pancakes with his fork, drenching them with maple and chocolate syrup.

Wow, speak for yourself. I guess I could call him the leader of the pack of these wolves.

I sighed and took a piece of pancake, smearing it with butter. I ate quietly, while observing these idiots. They started chit-chatting. Til then, it seemed normal. Until someone started singing. Oh god, not again Jungkook. Not ‘crooked’ again. Why does it always have to be during breakfast?

“Nothing ever lasts forever”

There it is. It’s too late for these guys. Soon, Taehyung, Jimin, and Hoseok joined in. Great, The more the merrier it is. I sighed, taking another bite from the pancake.

“Guys, stop it.” Finally, Namjoon spoke. It’s good that he’s finally taking the leader role.

“Did you guys forget? This is breakfast. This is not the right time to be singing ‘crooked’, Kookie.” He munched. Yes, tell ‘em. “Since it’s breakfast, shouldn’t we be singing ‘Fantastic baby’ instead? I thought ‘crooked’ time was snack time?” he spoke again.

Okay, hope is crushed.

“Hyung, Fantastic baby was supposed to be after breakfast, Did you forget again?” Hoseok retorted. ”Oh, right. Continue.”

“I scream and get dizzy!” They shouted. No way is that singing anymore.
Goodbye, Peaceful breakfast.

 

++++++

 

The Breakfast ended not-so-peacefully. The five boys hopped on the Sofa, enjoying the drama they’ve been waiting for. Jin and I were the ones left to fix the table and to practically clean everything. As we were returning the plates, I took a short glance at the boys. I saw Hoseok curled up into a ball while crying his eyes out. Even Namjoon couldn’t take the drama and cried ‘manly’ tears, how he liked to call it. Meanwhile, Jimin? Well, the kid is just crying every bit of water left in his body while confessing his feelings for ‘Cha Eunsang’.

Someone give this kid some medicine.

Jin and I both sighed together while we proceeded to the Kitchen.

“Kim Tan, NO!” They all shouted in unison, while a smile crept in my face.

“Ah, You finally smiled!” Jin chuckled, washing the plates, while I wiped them. I looked at him weirdly and touched my mouth. Did I really smile? I don’t even know how.

“What? But I … don’t even know how.” I mumbled, a bit embarrassed about the fact that I don’t know how.

“What do you mean? You just did.” He chuckled again, “Smiling is easy. Just do this.” He creepily smiled while his eyes were wide open.

No.
Just, no.

“I don’t think that helps a lot. But thanks anyway.” I blankly said, wiping the plate clean. I think I could even see the plate sparkle.

JIn hummed and momentarily stopped washing the plate. “Hmn, what about this?” I looked at the older guy, “Think of something that makes you happy.”

“what makes me happy?” I asked, while he happily nodded. Wait, what does make me happy? Food? Well, surely I’m not like those 6 wolves, so I guess food is out of the list. What about …. The rain? No, that’s stupid. What about—I suddenly, thought of Haemi. I stood there blankly while I tried to remember our hug last night. All of a sudden, my cheeks started to heat up while a small smile formed on my face. Oh, Damn it, Yoongi. What kind of body reflexes do you have whenever this girl comes up into your mind? The girl might even be bad, for goodness sake. I don’t know if this human is just weird or plainly stupid.

“Ah! You smiled again! Great!” he beamed.

“Yeah, I noticed.” I said in a monotonous voice, still wiping the giant plate.

“So what did you think of?” I stopped, as the boy asked. Just what am I supposed to say? ‘I thought about the girl I met last night while she hugged me in the middle of the rain while we’re dripping wet?’ I don’t think so. He’ll probably think I’m a or something. Not that I care about what he thinks though. Or maybe I actually am? Wait…Is it possible? Maybe I do want to befriend this guy.

“Hey, JIn” I said, while the older one hummed. “How was I before? I mean, What am I like?” I finally asked. Honestly, I’m really curious about this Yoongi guy. Just what kind of person is he? He might be part of an evil organization, and no one would know.

“You?” he laughed.

 “Well, that somehow felt insulting but please continue.” I then returned the plates back to its shelf and sat down beside Jin, to listen attentively. “Alright, Alright. Let’s see… how do I start? Even I have a hard time describing you.” He chuckled, taking a sip at his half-cold hot choco.

“Well, You’re- what do you call that? Ah, yes. You’re hardworking. That’s the only word I could describe you. Before you were even a trainee in Big Hit, you would take dance lessons in the afternoon, after classes. Even though you despised dancing as much as you despise sea urchins, you still practice

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter