Chapter 11: Certainly angelic

I'm Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Are you ready?” I asked the girl in front of me, too busy playing with her fingers. The girl bit her lip and nodded a bit. “Now, this is so unlike you. What’s wrong, Eunhae?” though I do know why she’s acting like that, I just can’t help but ask her. Maybe a small conversation can help calm her down.

“What do you expect, Yoongi? I haven’t shown myself to the media for months now. I don’t know what I’ll do, once the cameras starts rolling.” She swallowed nothingness, while staring straightly at the mirror in front of her. “But, shouldn’t you be happy instead? I mean, Big Hit is finally letting the world know that you’ve signed up with them. Relax, this press conference will go on smoothly. You worry too much.” I rubbed my nape, settling down the couch in the dressing room. She looked at me and sighed sadly. I guess she can’t help but feel anxious. Thanks to Eunhae, I’m feeling nervous for her as well. Damn it.

“I know, but – what if I say something wrong? Or what if I bring down the company’s name? What if I ruin everything for you guys? What if-“

“Enough with all those ‘what if’.” I cut off the stuttering girl.”It can’t be solved with assumptions alone. Besides, the company believes in you, Eunhae.”

“That’s the problem, Yoongi. The company is too kind. That’s why I can’t risk damaging your reputation for taking someone like me.” She pouted.

“What’s wrong with a ‘someone like you’?” Namjoon interrupted, plopping down beside me. “Yeah, yeah! You’re pretty, a good singer, and as much as I hate to admit it, you’re a much better dancer than I am.” Hoseok beamed, massaging the girl’s shoulders. Even if she’s stressed out, she can’t help but smile at the seven idiots’ support. Yes, I am a part of those idiots.

“Yup!” Taehyung stood up and approached the girl. “Eunhae noona is really talented, kind, and pretty just like me! There’s nothing she can’t do just like me!” he emphasized on the ‘just like me’ part while patting the girl’s head with a big gummy smile. That’s Kim Taehyung for you. Yup, definitely.

“Hyung, don’t mess up her hair.” Jungkook muttered, while a pout formed on his lips. “-And, hey! Why do you get to pat her head and I don’t?” he added, while his brows furrowed. I stood up to get a bottle of water, which was near the table beside Eunhae. Taehyung simply puffed his cheeks at Jungkook much similar to someone I know.

I quickly took a bottle of water and poked Taehyung’s cheeks, before going back to my seat. The boy flinched and rubbed his cheek. “Hey, Kim Taehyung. Have you been hanging out too much with Eunhae? You even adapted her annoying habit of puffing her cheeks.” The girl glared and threw her neck pillow at me.

“Hey, I do not.” The boy pouted, while Eunhae continued glaring at me. The mom is angry. I almost forgot not to mess with her ‘cutie pie’, Taehyung. I want to puke. In what way is that extraterrestrial being ‘cute’?

Suddenly, the door opened, revealing Eunhae’s new manager. “Eunhae, it’s Haemi’s time.” He gave a warm smile, before closing the door softly behind him. For a manager, I expected him to be a middle aged guy with glasses, when Eunhae told me she got a new manager. But surprisingly, this manager of hers is quite young and good looking. He seems kind too, so there seems to be no problems between them.

Eunhae heaved a long sigh and closed her eyes for a bit. I was about to say something to cheer her up and get her going but someone had beat me to it. “Everything is going to be okay, noona. I’m here after all. Trust me.” Taehyung smiled, caressing the girl’s hands like it was something precious to him. Well, nothing can beat Eunhae’s cutie pie, sad to say.

Eunhae grinned and stood up, hugging the alien beside her. Taehyung was startled a bit, but immediately hugged the girl tightly, closing his eyes for a moment. A smile was plastered on his face, as the girl caressed his back.

Wait, is it possible?- nah, it can’t be, right?

“Thanks, Tae.” She smiled, taking her glance away from the boy and looking at the rest of us. “Thanks, everyone.” She then finally stood up, fixed her clothes a little bit, and headed towards the door. We all followed her right behind, though we’re only allowed until the backstage area. The venue isn’t that big, because well, it’s just a press conference. The thing about the venue is that it’s in an open area. Anyone is welcomed, even if they are her anti-fans, as long as they don’t cause trouble.

Eunhae stopped momentarily in the backstage area and tried to shake off her nervousness. A chuckle escaped my mouth, as I saw the girl waddling from each direction. “What are you doing? After the encouragement you received from your ‘cutie pie’, you’re still uneasy?”

“Shut it, Yoongi. For your information, Taehyung helped me a lot. All I need right now is peace and-“ she suddenly stopped, after I unleashed my angelic voice, singing- or screaming one of Eunhae’s songs. The 6 idiots looked away, pretending as if they do not know me. Eunhae’s eyes widened, ready to pop out of her head. She quickly put her hand on my mouth, but I took it off immediately and continued singing. Her face turned red while she growled, receiving giggles from the staff around us.

“Hey! Cut that out! Do you really want to embarrass yourself?” I smirked. “Maybe.” I honestly don’t give a about other people.

“You’re out of your mind, Yoongi.” She chuckled, rubbing her knuckles on my head. I clicked my tongue, shoving her hand off of me, while she chuckled. “Do you feel better now? Less nervous?” the girl stopped laughing and stayed still for a bit. Slowly, a smile reappeared on her face. “Surprisingly, yes. Thanks, Yoongi. Though I would appreciate it more if you don’t purposely embarrass the both of us in public, next time.”

“Can’t really do anything about that. You just have to endure it. It’s kind of my thing – embarrassing the heck out of people.” It’s a Suga thing, everyone.  “Yeah, I could see that. You just love seeing people suffer. Typical, Yoongi.” I scoffed, while the girl showed a smirk. Not true at all. I won’t bother other people for that. I only love seeing Eunhae suffer. I’m special like that.

“Haemi.” One of the staff called out, signaling Eunhae to go on stage to meet with the press. “Fighting, noona!” Jungkook exclaimed. She simply smiled and nodded. Before she could go, someone held her hand. She turned around, looking at the person who stopped her.

It was Jin.

Jin and Eunhae stared at each other for a while, until Jin let go of her hand. Somehow, I’m reminded of the story Eunhae told me the other day. I mean, who wouldn’t be? These two were something before. I just stared at the two of them, tapping with my finger continuously. “Jin?”

“Yeah, sorry I was late. I forgot something at the dorm. So are you okay? I’m sure you’re nervous. Are you fine? Do you feel sick or-“

The girl chuckled, slightly pinching Jin’s nose. “I’m fine. Stop worrying. Thanks for coming.”

“Oh, I see. I was just scared that maybe you’ll experience a panic attack, like when we were in middle school.” He chuckled, rubbing her cheeks lightly. Wow, their chemistry is no joke. But, why do I feel like Jin still cares a whole lot for Eunhae? Maybe even more than all of us.

Eunhae glanced at the stage, and looked back at jin. “Sorry, I need to go now. Wish me luck, guys.” She waved and skipped towards the stage. As she was about to enter the stage, she stopped as her eyes caught unto someone. Slowly, I approached her. “What’s wrong?”

She remained quiet – or should I say, speechless. I looked at her, worried. What’s the matter now? I looked where she was looking at and saw a middle aged lady, dressed in luxurious brands, sitting near the back of the media people. She wore a chic expression, with her arms and legs crossed. Wow, I don’t want to mess with her. She looks like trouble. “Who is she?”

“I-It’s her. Ms. Kim Minyoung, my stepmother.” Stepmother? Damn, I knew she was trouble.

“What’s she doing here?” the girl furrowed her brows at my question and shook her head. “That, I don’t know. She’s honestly the last person I want to see.“ her hands trembled, while she looked as worried as ever. Instinctively, I held her hands to stop the trembling. She looked at me, a bit shocked. “Wha-“

“Don’t mind her. Imagine that she’s just a normal stranger. Focus your attention on us, the people who supports you. Now, do you need me to sing my lungs out again right here, just to calm you down?” though the girl wavered a bit, she gave me a nod and smiled. “I wouldn’t want that.” She bit her lower lip, “I’ll be going.” I nodded, as I watched the girl slowly walk towards the middle. At that moment, I knew that the switch was on. The girl strutting the stage is not Eunhae anymore. It was Haemi.

The moment she showed herself in front, multiple clicking of the cameras could be heard as they took countless of pictures of her right from the get-go. The seven of us watched her from the backstage, hoping that everything will turn out fine.

“It’s nice to meet you today, I’m Haemi.” She greeted, bowing politely at the crowd. The audience gave a stiff and rather unpleasant faces, nodding a bit at her. There seems to be no fans of hers in the crowd. Though there were only a few teenage girls that came, they all wore a mocking expression on their faces. Most were, of course, the press.

Soon, Big Hit’s representative stepped in with a microphone, greeting everyone with a big smile. “Good afternoon everyone! It’s a pleasure to meet you all today. In Big Hit Entertainment’s stead, I’m here to gladly announce our new artist, Haemi. She have signed the contract and other legal documents for over a month or so now. We are pleased to introduce our newest member of the Big Hit family.”

Not even a smile, the reporters simply nodded with blank expressions. The others wore a scowl. “You may now proceed and ask questions.” The representative permitted. Well, he seems like a jolly guy. But seriously, that crowd is not good at all.

“Man, I don’t like those people at all. It’s like their all judging her.” Jimin stated, with a frown on his face. The rest nodded, while Jin spoke up. “I hope she’s okay right there.”

“Let’s trust her. Besides, she has the representative with her. He seems reliable.” Namjoon said, carefully observing the event. “Oh no, Eunhae noona! Should I go and help her?” Jungkook exclaimed and jolted up, while the members pulled him down. There goes the ultimate fan boy.

“You can’t do that, Jungkook. They’ll curse at you.” Jimin stated. “I bet Eunhae will curse at you too.” I said, earning laughter from the boys. I took a quick glance at Taehyung and noticed something weird. Taehyung’s expression was cold, like he was glaring at someone. He didn’t even focus his attention on Eunhae, but rather on the crowd. I could feel like there’s something deep going on with Taehyung. I shrugged it off and quickly reverted my look at Eunhae.

“So, Haemi-ssi. Is it true that you’re dating a politician? If it is,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter