The Adorable Kind of Weird

BTS Stories (2020 - Updated!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title:  The Adorable Kind of Weird

Author: hangarianne

Characters: Taehyung / Sujeong (Lovelyz)

Requested by: nekochii

Disclaimer: This is a BTS fan fiction originally written by hangarianne. Any similarities to real-life persons, situations, places, etc. are coincidental. No copyright infringement intended.

A/N:  Sorry for taking soooo long to update. Tbh, this should’ve come out around the time Dream Concert was about happen because that’s what the requester asked in the plot :( Sorry!

I am not familiar with Lovelyz so I’m sorry if I got something wrong (the members, what happened during MTV BoB, etc...).

I tried my best and I hope you’ll enjoy reading this oneshot :)

P.S. I can’t think of a good title so please feel free to suggest a better one ^^ ♥♥

-------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------

Sujeong's POV

 

"Yo~ Park Jaebum~ So good~ We, MC, really like it!"

 

I smile to myself as I recall my hosting stint for MTV Best of Best with Taehyung oppa. Overall, the experience was nice and unforgettable. Working with him was really fun and to say I didn't fall for his charms would be a lie.

Even before Lovelyz debuted, I was already a big fan of BTS-sunbaenims most especially of Taehyung oppa. I found his out of this world personality both weird and cute. I love how he doesn't mind looking funny in front of the camera as long as he gets to joke around and make the atmosphere lighter.

When our manager first informed me that I'd be an MC for Best of the Best, I was scared and pressured. I was even more terrified when I found out Taehyung oppa was going to host it with me. I already didn't have the confidence to do such show and then I had to find out my idol crush and I were doing it together. Talk about pressure on my part, hehe.

 

Despite my mistakes, both Taehyung oppa and the staff members were more understanding than I thought they would be. On top of that, Taehyung oppa was really weird but funny and thanks to him, I eventually loosened up and soon, we found ourselves having the time of our lives - myself laughing at Taehyung oppa's corny jokes and weird antics and him laughing at my 'cute, clumsy' self as he put it.

But all things come to an end. Our short hosting stint ended and we parted ways. It wasn't such a big deal for me at first because I thought I'd see him again at the Dream Concert, MAMA or some other show where both our groups would be in. However, with our busy schedules, especially theirs, we barely had time to talk, only exchanging "hi's" and "hello's".

 

I thought I'd move on and go back to being just a new idol who fangirls over her sunbae (senior) but I thought wrong.

Sometimes I tell myself; maybe I shouldn't have befriended him; maybe I shouldn't have spent time with him and just went on with our business professionally; then maybe I won't be as sad now.

-------------------------------------------------------

 

Taehyung's POV

 

Today's Music Bank's Christmas Special episode and everyone's early today to rehearse for the show later.

Hobi hyung is on one corner practicing Lovelyz's dance steps to For You while Namjoon hyung and Jin hyung make fun of him.  As a gift to fans, we're doing a girl group dance and Namjoon hyung decided with Hobi hyung to do For You most probably to tease me.

"Are you excited? You're going to see her again!" Jimin says as he wraps an arm around my shoulders.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I say.

By now, everyone in the group already knows about my crush on Sujeong. But since our coordi noonas are with us, I play innocent while I secretly elbow Jimin on his side.

"Stop pretending!" Jimin laughs and proceeds to strangle me.

"Stop it!"I whine and escape from his grip and sit beside Jungkook who is too busy playing Hungry Shark Evolution on his phone.

"Woooh!!!" Jungkook laughs and cheers as screams of people roar out of his phone as his shark went on a frenzy.

"Lower the stupid volume of your phone, Kookie!" Yoongi hyung yelled with his eyes closed as he remained slumped on one of the couches.

The maknae didn't have to be told twice; he switched his phone's volume to silent in a split second.

"This kid!" Jimin pinches Jungkook's cheek, pretending to be upset that the latter listened to Yoongi hyung when Jimin himself asked the maknae the same thing a couple of times already.

"Hyung! My shark it will-- aww! It died!" Jungkook pouts.

"Serves you right, you evil maknae!" Jimin snaps back and slaps the maknae's back lightly.

While the two bicker beside me, Jimin having already forgotten about teasing me about Sujeong, I decide to leave the room for a while.

"Where are you going, Taetae?" Jin hyung asks seeing me make my way towards the door.

"To take a dump, most probably," Namjoon hyung butts in, making Jin hyung laugh out loud.

"Okay, okay. You're probably nervous," our eldest hyung tells me in between snorts.

I usually get mad or flustered, at least, when they team up on me but I let it slide off this time. Maybe I really am nervous...

-------------------------------------------------------

I heaved a sigh the moment I closed the door and found the hallway surprisingly empty.

Where is everybody, I thought. Then I realized it's still early and we're only doing the rehearsals this morning.

From the room marked with 'GOT7', I could hear Jackson hyung's high pitched laugh followed by Youngjae's protests about how the former was "too annoying" because Jackson took a picture of him sleeping with his mouth open.

I smile to myself thinking maybe Youngjae is like me in BTS, the kind one who gets teased the most by the members.

 

"Taehyung oppa?"

I froze hearing a soft, sweet voice call my name. Suddenly, both BTS' and GOT7's noises are inaudible to me as my mind processed that wonderful sound.

"Oppa?"

I slowly turn around and find Sujeong standing outside her group's waiting room. Like me, she's barely wearing any make up on and she's wearing a simple thick blue sweater, a pair of jeans and rubber shoes.

"S-Sujeong-ssi..." I mentally facepalmed myself realizing I suttered.

"Hi." She awkwardly greeted as she smiled back shyly.

"Hey." I smiled back and made my way towards her.

Here goes nothing...

-------------------------------------------------------

 

Sujeong's POV

 

My heart started beating fast as Taehyung oppa made his way towards me. I wanted to run back inside our waiting room and just hide but my legs and feet didn't respond.

"How are you?"

I was sad, very sad moments, even months ago but seeing you now and talking to you like this, I am very happy it's like our group just scored an all-kill in all music charts and we just won first in all music programs.

"I'm doing well."

"Have you eaten already? Or have you even been eating properly? You look a lot thinner than before. You should eat more and take care of your health."

My cheeks burn and my lips twitch into a smile at the idea of Taehyung oppa showing concern about my health. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter