Love Potion

BTS Stories (2020 - Updated!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title:  Love Potion

Author: hangarianne

Characters: Rap Monster / Reader

Requested by: (n/a)

Disclaimer: This is a BTS fan fiction originally written by hangarianne. Any similarities to real-life persons, situations, places, etc. are coincidental. No copyright infringement intended.

 A/N:   This is a ‘you’ story which means... if you’re using AFF to read this, you’d see your names here in place of the “you” codes ^^

-------------------------------------------------------

Reader's POV

 

I suddenly find the caramel macchiato in front of me fascinating and I stare at it, finding an excuse not to meet Namjoon's eyes. We've been quietly - and awkwardly - sitting together since he arrived.

"Am I being a nuisance to you?"

I don't answer. I just had my head down the whole time and I don't think I have the guts to look him in the eyes. Maybe it's that love potion he's talking about. He said a weird woman splashed him with some liquid and everyone - be it a boy or a girl - started chasing him.

'If it worked for boys, then wouldn't it mean it will with me? ...Ha. who am I kidding? I didn't need that potion.'

"I should go then." He stands and I grab his hand.

"Don't. It's dangerous out there. I mean, I don't want to be blamed in case you get kidnapped or something."

" _______ , you don't have to do this. I shouldn't have come here in the first place."

He turns to leave but stops on his tracks when I say, "Would you rather get stuck with me or be chased by them? Namjoon, I'm being awkward here because the potion's affecting me too."

He mouths an "oh" and sits back in front of me. "I didn't think of that, sorry." He pats my head and I feel my cheeks burn with that simple gesture.

'Maybe I can use the potion as an excuse for now.'

-------------------------------------------------------

"Here let me help you." He takes the empty pot of kimchi stew from my hands. I feel all giddy at the small skinship and he notices.

"Heh, sorry. Must be the potion again."

He smiles sweetly, his dimples showing. "I understand."

I've been a little too vocal with my feelings for the past few hours, using the weird love potion as an excuse. I feel bad lying but Namjoon keeps buying my excuse and this is the closest we've been so I'm making the most out of it. 'Not everyone is given this chance, anyway,' I tell myself.

 

"How long does the potion last anyway?"

He purses his lips.  "Hmm... Six hours? I think five hours has already passed..."

"An hour left then."

"I have an idea!" Namjoon places the pot on the sink. "Let's wash this later, okay?"

"But..." He takes my hand and we sit back by the dining table.

"Since the potion's affecting you too... you like me, right?"

"Huh? Uhh. Yeah." 'Actually, I like you even without the potion.'

"Then is there anything you want to ask me?"

"Like what?" I ask. He looks too excited I don't even understand why. "Would this conversation still matter after six hours are up? I mean, I'm sure I'll be different once the potion wears off." 'Yeah, I'll keep my feelings to myself again.'

"Well, I'm just curious. I've always wanted to know what it's like to have a friend who likes me. You're less aggressive than the others so I'm comfortable around you."

I ponder for a while but it really doesn't make sense. Then again, if Namjoon thinks it's fine, then maybe I can use this chance to ask him more personal questions.

I hold his gaze and he raises his eyebrows, as if urging me to speak.

"D-Do you like Mari? You seem to spend a lot of time together."

He chuckles seeing me all awkward and nervous. "You're too cute, _____ . I don't like her and we're just working on a school project, that's all."

"I see..." I stare down at the table as I think of other questions.

"Are you jealous?"

I peer up and see Namjoon smiling at me. "No! And I was supposed to be the one asking the questions, right?"

"There's nothing to be jealous of, _____ . Mari's dating Yoongi."

"Really?" My subconscious celebrates at that revelation and I try hard not to smile.

"Got any more questions?"

I take a deep breath as I gath

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter