Mister Bear

BTS Stories (2020 - Updated!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title:  Mister Bear

Author: hangarianne

Characters: Jungkook / Reina (OC)

Disclaimer: This is a BTS fan fiction originally written by hangarianne. Any similarities to real-life persons, situations, places, etc. are coincidental. No copyright infringement intended.

 

~Inspired by BTS' "For You" PV :)

-------------------------------------------------------

"Hello~ Please visit Bangtan Bakery and avail of our buy one take three pastries of your choice! This is a limited offer so please check it out!"

I hand a middle-aged passerby a flyer. He stops to look at it but doesn't bother to take it off my hands.

"Hello--" Before I could even get close, the group of teenagers turned their backs at me.

I sighed and walked towards a nearby bench to rest. I never thought that a part-time job of handing flyers would be this stressful. My goal of course is to hand out as much as I can but seeing others throw the piece of paper after a few seconds of reading makes me really sad. They do it with me nearby without any consideration.

 

"You think this is easy, huh..."

I had my head hung low so I barely noticed that someone was also going my way. We bumped into each other and I looked up to see another bear mascot who loses his balance and falls on the pavement.

"I-I'm sorry..." I bowed my head and offered a hand to him. He peers up at me.

"I'm really sorry," I repeat. "Here, let me help you up."

Instead of taking my hand, he gets up himself and dusts off his costume.

 

"Mommy! Look at these bears~~~!!!" A kid runs towards us and grabs each of our paws. I looked towards Mister Bear but he just stood there. The child's mother walks over asking for a photo. I wanted to decline but seeing Mister Bear squat to match the kid's height, I decided to go with it.

 

The child's uproar must've gotten other kids' attention that they all ran to us and a photo op commenced. Thinking maybe there's a celebrity, more people gathered to see us. Thinking quickly, I decided to use the situation to my and Mister Bear's benefit.

I grabbed Mister Bear's hand and started dancing with him. "Just follow me..." I whispered loud enough for him to hear.

 

At first, he was awkwardly following my lead when I suddenly hear him say, "Good thing we're wearing this." Without giving me time to process what he meant, he started popping and dancing like a Kpop idol - in a bear suit. People started cheering and I just stood there in awe.

A guy approaches Mister Bear and shows him the screen of his phone. Mister Bear nods and the guy plays some hiphop music I've never heard of.

Mysterious guy starts off and does B-boy. Mister Bear wastes no time and starts dancing himself. Everyone cheered for him including me. He finishes off with a really cool worm dance, bouncing so high that his bear head almost flung away.

 

Accepting his defeat, the random guy shakes Mister Bear's paw and takes a photo with him. "Now I'm curious as to how you look..." he says patting Mister Bear's head.

Bystanders started hurling coins and bills right at our feet as they cheered for us. We bowed to them before picking up the money.

"Thank you! Thank you!" I say, bowing nonstop.

-------------------------------------------------------

"You were great. Why don't you audition to some agency and use that talent of yours? Instead of working part-time, you can be a celebrity."

"..."

"Aren't you hot?” I ask and Mister Bear tilts his head at me. Realizing what I said, I quickly say, “I mean, you've been wearing that costume the whole day. It’s kinda hot out here, you know..."

We're now sitting at the bench where I first intended to sit. The sun's already setting and our shift’s already over. I had my bear head on my lap and I awkwardly fiddle with the ears while talking to Mister Bear.

"Hey, you can tell me if you want me to get lost..."

Mister Bear turns his head to look at me again and speaks, "Why don't you sign up to be a model, then?"

I blush realizing what he meant. "No, no..."

"Why? Even with no make-up on, you look fine to me."

"Stop playing around, Mister Bear. There's no way they'd pick me."

He chuckles, "Someone's flustered. See? There are other options but a part-time job is easier to land, right?"

"Right... uhh, Mister Bear?"

"Hmm?"

"Thanks for giving me everything you earned today; you know, the money we got from the dance battle."

"No problem. Anyway, I gotta go. See you when I see you..." He walks away and I yell, "Aren't you going to tell me your name? I told you mine a while ago!"

He stops on his tracks but doesn't turn to me. "Reina, right? I think I like being called Mister Bear more." He raises a hand to signal me goodbye.

-------------------------------------------------------

The next few months at work were a lot easier. With the help of Mister Bear, we attracted more people and we got to hand out our flyers faster - this in addition to the additional income that we earn from dancing and singing.

Oftentimes, we'd get approached by people saying they'd want to scout us but we always declined. I don't know what his reasons were but I didn't want to lose my privacy. Besides, I don't think I can ever handle an idol's jam-packed schedule.

 

"So I heard today's also your last day at work."

"Actually, this is my last day handing out flyers. I'm going to start working at Bangtan Bakery."

"Really? That's great!"

"How about you, Mister Bear? Your store's promo also ended so what will you do now?"

He stays silent for a while. I can imagine him pursing his lips while thinking. Maybe his eyebrows are crooked as he ponders about my question. I'm not sure though, the six months I've known him, I never got to see his face even once. Even today, he still kept his bear head on.

"You don't have to worry about me, Miss Bear," he tells me after a while.

I laugh awkwardly, "Who said I was worried?"

"Then why ask that question?" From the tone of his voice, I can tell he's teasing me.

"W-We're friends so it's only natural that I care, right?"

"Mmm..."

Feeling uncomfortable, I quickly changed the topic, "This might be our last meeting, aren't you going to show your face yet?"

He checks his watch and turns to me, "We'll meet again, don't worry." He rises from his seat and pats my head. "Bye, Reina."

I watched him walk away. Somehow, I felt sad even if I barely know Mister Bear. In the short period that we've known each other, I guess I've grown to like him. I know it's ridiculous but his personality and talents made me fall for him. He seems to be the type who doesn't like to express his emotions and this makes me want to know more about him.

-------------------------------------------------------

A few weeks after...

"Reina-sshi, you have a letter," Jin, the store manager, hands me an envelope. "You're quite popular with the guys, hmm?"

I blush at his remark. He smiles at me and points to a man standing by the shelves for individually packed pastries. "He comes everyday just to see you. Besides, majority of our customers are men. Before you started working here, women frequented this place more."

"Okay, okay. Fine..." I say hoping Jin will stop teasing me.

"I'll take a cup of Green Tea custard, please."

I quickly turned around to face the customer. "Good eve--"

"Hi, Reina," the man greets me. I awkwardly smile back. "Good evening, Sir."

"You're always here at our bakery and I'd like to thank you for that, Mister...?" Jin raises his brows at the man.

"Yoongi. Min Yoongi." The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter