Anything for Love

BTS Stories (2020 - Updated!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: Anything for Love

Author: hangarianne

Main Characters: Jimin / OC

Requested by / Dedicated to: n/a

Disclaimer: This is a BTS fan fiction originally written by hangarianne. Any similarities to real-life persons, situations, places, etc. are coincidental. No copyright infringement intended.

 

Author's Note: Hello~ It's been a veryyyyy long time since I last posted a story here. I hope you don't hate me for not updating :( A lot happened last year so I lost my interest in wrting and I didn't have a lot of time to finish my pending stories either. I don't want to reveal all the details but something personal happened so… yeah… Also, work never fails to stress me. It's hard being an adult hahaha :/

Anyway, I can't promise that I'll be more active from now on but I want you all to know that I'm trying to get back on track. Please don't get tired of me :'( I love you all <3

 

P.S. I only proofread this once, hopefully, there are only a few mistake hehehehe. Don't forget to like/upvote/comment/subscribe! ^^

-------------------------------------------------------

Minjeong's POV

I woke up snuggled next to Jimin - my face buried on his chest and his arms circling my waist. I could feel and hear his calm breathing, my head moving in sync with the slight rising and falling of his chest. This would have been a nice position to find myself in early in the morning if I had not been drinking and partying the night before. A bit unusual for drunk people to wake up so early the sun hasn't even risen but this has become a habit because after a night out with my friends, I almost always wake up early to cry over how awful of a girlfriend I've been to Jimin.

'Too late to regret getting drunk, Minjeong,' I always scold myself.

 

Contrary to my reserved and slightly introverted boyfriend, I am a very outgoing person who loves to party so much a week probably wouldn't pass without me getting drunk at least once. And this is what I'm most thankful for towards Jimin - that he is able to put up with a crazy, stubborn girlfriend like me and that he always takes care of me. If not for him, I would've found myself on the streets, probably lying next to a pool of my puke the following morning.

My lifestyle is one major reason people are against me and Jimin being together. My so-called friends think he's not suitable for me because he's too boring and dull while his friends do not approve of us because he's too nice for me. We're opposites and anyone would agree that putting us together would be very problematic.

I guess another thing that I'm thankful for is that Jimin lives on his own and no longer depends on his parents for financial support. Too busy with work and taking care of a burden a.k.a his girlfriend, he barely gets to see his parents. Then again, they'd probably disapprove of me if they found out that their son has a shopaholic party girl for a girlfriend.

 

"Why are you crying, baby?"

Jimin's soft voice snapped me out of reverie and I finally noticed the wetness on my cheeks.

"Are you thinking about us again? About people being against us?"

Of course he knows. This is not the first time he saw me crying. Every time I remember how much of a burden I am to him, I always end up like this because no matter how hard I try to deny it, I know his friends are right - I do not deserve Jimin; he deserves someone better than me.

"Minjeong..." Jimin embraced me, making me sob harder. "How many times do I have to tell you that I am happy to be around you? That as long as you're happy, I am too. When I met you three years ago, that was the most beautiful and unforgettable moment in my life. I have no regrets choosing you."

As he was saying this, Jimin my hair and kissed the top of my head, further making me a crying mess his shirt would surely be stained by my tears later.

"I wouldn't want to be with anyone else but you, Minjeong. I love you and that will never change." He kept whispering sweet nothings to me until I fell back asleep in his arms. In my dream, Jimin and I were playing with a faceless little girl who called us 'Mom' and 'Dad'.

-------------------------------------------------------

Slowly opening my eyes, I quickly shifted my gaze away from the sunlight seeping through the curtained window in my shared bedroom with Jimin.

'It's probably nine or ten already,' I thought, judging from how bright it was outside.

I could hear shuffling outside the room, which was probably Jimin preparing food for the two of us. From where I was, I could also hear GOT7's Just Right playing by the living room. Whether it's coincidental or if Jimin purposely played it to make me feel better, I truly appreciate it.

But if he did, I wonder... how many times has the song looped already? Or maybe he'd been checking if I had woken up already.

Hearing the doorknob turn, I laid back on my bed, pretending to be asleep. Jimin walked over and muttered to himself, "Tenth time checking on you already I've memorized the song by— oh! You scared me!"

With a wide grin plastered on my face, I looked up at my boyfriend who was clutching his chest in surprise. So he had been playing the song on loop!

"Good morning," I greeted.

He lowered himself and planted a kiss on my forehead. "Good morning, princess. I prepared something for us." Jimin held out his hand and helped me up. Without letting go of my hand, he guided me out of our bedroom then towards the dining room.

"I tried my best..." Jimin told me as I laid eyes on the table he set up for us – a pack of cereal and some milk, bananas,  some omelet and a bowl of hot chicken noodle soup. "I'm not sure if these will help with your hangover but Google said so, hehe," he scratched the back of his neck and avoided my gaze. How can an angel like him look so irresistibly cute like this?

"Thank you, Chimchim," I told him as I took a seat across him.

I scooped a big portion of the omelet and placed it on his plate.

"Hey, that's for you."

"That's your favorite so you get to eat that," I told him as I took the remaining portion.

Jimin and I happily ate our brunch, with him telling me random stories and none of us daring to mention the night before because he knows how awful I always feel whenever I am reminded of it.

-------------------------------------------------------

After eating our meal and doing the dishes, I proceeded back to our bedroom to arrange my things. Jimin, on the other hand, stayed by the living room to watch TV.

"Babe, did you see my credit card billing statement?" I asked while peeking through the door.

Jimin turned to me and smiled, "I think I left it in the office. I paid for it so don't worry."

"Jiminnnnnn!" Upset, I stomped towards him but he just kept smiling at me. "I was going to pay for it."

"I know but you're already way past your payment deadline. That's not good for your credit standing," said my boyfriend who's working at a bank. Of course he'd be that strict towards maintaining credit worthiness.

"I'm paying you now," I told him and tried to make my way back to our room to get my purse.  However, Jimin grabbed my hand and tugged me towards him.

"Ah, this is better. This is the kind of payment that I want," he said as he trapped me in his arms, his hand caressing my hair.

"Please don't do it again," I told him, obviously upset that he's burdened even by my financial issues.

"Alright, alright. But only if you kiss me." He didn't wait for my answer and leaned for a kiss anyway. "I love you, Park Minjeong."

And with that, I forgot about being upset and my chest felt lighter and warm. "I love you too, Park Jimin."

-------------------------------------------------------

 

 

"Don't forget to call or text me so I can pick you up later, okay?"

I nodded and Jimin smiled at me before taking me for an embrace. He kissed my forehead then both of my cheeks and finally my lips. Feeling his soft plump lips against mine made my heart beat faster and at this rate, if he would just tell me to miss the small get-together with my friends and just go back home with him, I most definitely would.

Sighing, my boyfriend released me from his arms and patted my head. "Take care, have fun and I love you so much. Don't forget that."

I watched him climb back inside the car and when he rolled down his window to send me a flying kiss, I caressed his face whispering, "I love you too, Chimchim."

His eyes disappeared, forming two crescents as he smiled in response.

I watched as he drove away and for a moment, I regret staying behind.

-------------------------------------------------------

 

Jimin's POV

I gazed at the side mirror as I drove away. I can imagine her telling me to focus on the road but I couldn't help myself. I love her so much and I love being around her all the time. A bit clingy, I guess, but I know she feels the same way.

Whenever Minjeong goes out with her friends for some drinks, I always accompany her to the agreed place and fetch her afterwards. The only difference this time is, on top of the small get-together, they're going for drinks to celebrate Jungkook's success in landing a job abroad.

To say I'm not excited for his departure would be a lie because although most people say I'm kindhearted and patient, Jungkook is the only person I dislike because of his attitude and the fact that he still hits on Minjeong despite knowing that we've already been together for more than three years.

The sudden ringing of my phone interrupted my thoughts. Too lazy to use an earphone, I answered the call on speaker mode.

"Yo, Jimin!" It was Taehyung.

"Mm?"

"Oh, you driving?"

"Yup. What is it?"

"I heard," Taehyung paused for a while and continued, "that you're up for promotion to a senior officer position. That's so cool, man!"

I smiled hearing how my best friend sounded so happy about the news. "Yeah, but I still have interviews to do and they're doing background check on me too."

"I'm sure you'll ace them. Anyway, I was just checking on you. Let's catch up next time, okay?"

"Okay."

And he ended the call. Typical Taehyung, I say. He never says "goodbye' because to him, if someone says goodbye, they sound like they're walking away from another person's life. So it's either he doesn't say anything or he says 'later'.

-------------------------------------------------------

 

3rd person POV

"Why aren't you drinking? Orange juice won't get you drunk." Fei placed a glass of tequila next to Minjeong, gently pushing the glass of juice away from her. "Drink up."

The latter stared at the glass of tequila, contemplating whether she should drink it or not. After the last time she got drunk and Jimin found her passed out on the sidewalk, she vowed never to drink so much again, if not at all. In fact, her friends were the ones who asked her boyfriend to let her go to the get-together-slash-drinking-party. Of course, the considerate man that he was, Jimin agreed and even promised to take Minjeong to the bar and fetch her afterwards.

"Here."

Jungkook slid next to her and offered her a drink that looked very much like iced tea.

"Iced tea?" Minjeong asked the male to which he nodded. Somehow, the woman felt it wasn't so she didn't take a sip. Jimin warned her not to trust Jungkook ever since she met him. Whether Jimin's only jealous or being overprotective, she felt she had to trust her boyfriend's instinct.

"I'll get that," Jungkook snatched the orange juice but Minjeong grabbed it back, causing the liquid to spill on her jeans.

"I'm sorry. Here, you can use this," Jungkook offered his handkerchief but Minjeong politely declined and excuse herself to go to the restroom.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Ugh, now my pants are wet."

Taking out her own hankie – actually Jimin's because she loved bringing anything her boyfriend owned so it's as if he's also with her – Minjeong slightly wet her pants with water to clean off the citrusy smell.

"Oh, an accident?" A female voice asked from behind her.

Minjeong turned around to face the owner of the voice and found Jimin's co-worker, Cheen, smiling at her.

"H-Hello. Yeah, an accident."

"Where's Jimin? I saw you talking to a guy and I followed you here when I saw you going inside."

Not wanting Cheen to get the wrong idea, Minjeong quickly explained, "That's Jungkook, also a friend of Jimin. I'm here with my friends and Jimin's at home."

"As expected," Cheen sighed. "You know... if you can't change your bad habits then just break up with him."

"Pardon?" Minjeong felt her anger rise at Cheen for meddling with her and Jimin's relationship. 'Why the hell do you care?' she grumbled to herself.

"Didn't Jimin tell you?"

Minjeong suddenly felt nervous about the revelation she was about to hear. "What are you talking about?"

Cheen walked over and stared straight into Minjeong's eyes, as if telling the latter to keep in mind what she had to say. "Jimin is up for promotion to a senior officer position and aside from interviews, the bank will conduct a background check. I think you know why I'm telling you this."

As soon as Minjeong heard this, memories of her getting involved in fights and of receiving demand letters for her unpaid credit card bills – not to mention purposely ignoring them – came rushing into her mind and once again, she regret living the kind of life she has.

"If you would just disappear, then Jimin will do perfectly fine."

Minjeong wanted to slap Cheen for saying those words but the former thought it would only add to her negative records if she were to start a fight.

'Besides, she's right, Jimin will do fine without me...'

"Anyway, I gotta go. Oh, and that guy you were with looks at you... differently. Be careful."

Cheen left without waiting for the other woman to say anything because she knew she made a point and the latter was considering the option she has given her.

'If I can't have him... at least he should get what he wants. Career-wise.'

-------------------------------------------------------

"Where were you?"

Minjeong grabbed Jungkook's glass and drank half of whatever was in it without even asking what exactly it contained.

'He said this is iced tea and it tastes like one so yes, this is iced tea.'

"What's wrong, Minjeong? You look upset."

This was the first time he's seeing the cheerful woman looking bothered and sad and Jungkook slightly pushed his ill intentions at the back of his mind for a while. He placed a palm om Minjeong's cheek and lightly caressed it.

"Hey, you can tell me anything. Did something happen? Is this about Jimin?"

"Give me more of this," Minjeong ordered Jungkook, completely ignoring his question.

The male did as requested and he kept quiet the whole time until Minjeong was already on her third glass. Thinking maybe the alcohol was already kicking in, Jungkook grabbed the drink from the woman's hand.

"Stop. You've been quietly drinking for the last fifteen minutes despite me being here. Besides, Jimin called you three times and you didn't even answer.

"I don't care," Minjeong weakly uttered, even placing her phone inside her purse. "Just leave me alone."

And Jungkook did. 'I will get back to you,' he told himself. 'No drama will keep me from taking advantage of this night.'

 

A few hours later, Minjeong found herself too weak to move on her own and when she tried to stand from the stool she had been sitting on, she fell hard on the floor, her legs too wobbly and weak.

"I told you to stop drinking."

Jungkook offered a hand to the unsuspecting woman and when Minjeong got to her feet, the male circled his arm around her waist and drew her closer to him. This woke up Minjeong's senses, her adrenaline rushing. She lightly pushed Jungkook away but he's too strong for her and he trapped her with his arm circled around her shoulders.

"Oh no, baby, I'm not letting you escape this time. No more dramas, okay?"

Although drunk himself, Jungkook was too strong and the dark stare he was giving Minjeong was giving her chills because she knew he's up to no good. Already an hour past midnight, some of her friends have already gone some other place either to have fun with their partners or to drink some more.

"J-Jimin is fetching me. Please let me go..."

"Okay but if..." The brown-haired male didn't finish his sentence and instead aimed a kiss on Minjeong's neck. ", you smell so sweet."

"What the hell, Jeon Jungkook?!" This angered Minjeong, giving her enough strength to push the male away.

"Come on, I know you like me too so why don't we just do it? Jimin won't find out, I promise. Just one day, one night." Dumbfounded at his indecent proposal, Minjeong simply stared at Jungkook and the male used this chance to try to kiss her again, this time on the lips. He cupped Minjeong's face and forcefully kissed her.

Minjeong tried to fight back but to no avail. Jungkook singlehandedly trapped her hands, blocking any chance of her throwing a punch or a slap at him. The woman also tried to scream for help but Jungkook shut her with his kisses.

Thinking fast for another option, Minjeong kneed Jungkook hard on his stomach, catching him off-guard and making him fall hard on the ground. The male clutched the aching spot as he hissed at her, "That ing hurt!"

"Don't ing touch me again or I will kill you," Minjeong spat at him and retreated.

As soon as she exited the bar, Minjeong dialed Jimin's number. It took quite a few rings before her boyfriend picked up.

"I'll be out in a sec," was all Jimin said before hanging up.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Where were you?" Minjeong asked as Jimin ran to her, a few minutes after she called him.

"I was looking for you inside. I got lost." The blackhaired male laughed but Minjeong noticed it was forced and her boyfriend couldn't look her in the eyes.

"Is something wrong?"

'Yes, what I saw was wrong. You can't kiss another guy other than your boyfriend. And it can't be Jeon Jungkook,' Jimin wanted to tell Minjeong but he simply shook his head and took his lover's hand to lead her to where he had parked the car.

'Did I see wrong? She can't be cheating on me...'

"Jimin, my hand hurts!"

The blackhaired male was brought back to his senses and he realized how tightly he had been holding Minjeong's hand.

"I-I'm sorry." He let go of her hand and continued walking. They walked to the car without saying anything and while they prepared to leave, Minjeong finally broke the silence.

"I'm sorry for not picking up."

Jimin turned to face her, his face void of any expression.

"I'm sorry for being such a burden and I'm sorry because I keep saying sorry." Minjeong broke eye contact and stared down at her hands.

"I'm tired. Let's talk tomorrow." The sound of the car engine revving up replaced the awkward silence enveloping the two of them and Minjeong thought maybe Jimin had seen her and Jungkook.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Aren't you going to talk to me?"

Jimin and Minjeong were on the bed with their backs turned and both were still awake despite being in the same position for the past hour.

"I told you, I'm tired. We can talk later when we wake up."

All Minjeong could hear in her boyfriend's voice was disappointment and sadness. Gone was his usual sweet voice that Jimin always used along with his eye smile that never failed to give Minjeong the butterflies.

"Tired physically or tired of me? If this is about—"

"Are you cheating on me?" Jimin sat on the bed and faced his girlfriend, the woman also doing the same.

"What are you saying?"

"I saw you and Jungkook." Jimin avoided eye contact as he felt the lump on his throat grew. 'I can't cry... no...,' he told himself as his mind replayed what he saw earlier.

"Jimin, what you saw—" Minjeong stopped as she realized that maybe she could play along instead to make her break up with Jimin a lot easier. After her confrontation with Cheen earlier, Minjeong had been thinking of a way to leave Jimin so he could get the promotion he had been striving for and she thought that he would discover that she found out about his promotion if she broke up with him out of the blue.

'But if he saw wrong then maybe I could use it to make him hate me and want to leave me...'

"Minjeong... are you and Jungkook...?" Despite his effort, Jimin's voice broke and he turned around so his girlfriend would not see the silent tears streaming down his face.

"I'm sorry..." Minjeong's tears fell as well, her heart breaking because an angel like Jimin didn't deserve such pain. "I'm so sorry, Jimin..." She tried to hug the male from behind but the latter unwrapped her arms from his waist.

"Was I not enough? I gave you everything, I did everything I could..."

'You were more than enough. You were all I could ask for,' Minjeong wanted to tell her boyfriend but couldn't because everything was going as planned and Jimin would soon find happiness without her.

"I'm sorry, I will leave now if you want me to." Minjeong went to the edge of the bed but Jimin grabbed her hand and shook his head. The woman finally saw the male's tear-streaked face and it broke her heart knowing she made him cry.

"One last time..."

It was painful for Jimin that Minjeong didn't deny what he saw at the bar earlier – Jungkook kissing her on the lips – but the thought of parting and forever losing her hurt even more. He could already hear Taehyung telling him for being too stupid because he didn't kick Minjeong out right away but he wanted to hold her in his arms and hope maybe everything would right itself or that maybe this was all just a bad dream.

"I love you and I'm sorry," Minjeong managed to say between hiccups as she cried in his arms.

"I'm sorry. I love you so much," Jimin whispered back, caressing Minjeong's hair as his own tears rolled uncontrollably down his cheeks. 'I'm sorry because I wasn't enough...'

-------------------------------------------------------

Jimin woke up a bit past eight in the morning and found himself alone in bed. He sat up and scanned the room, finding the closet where Minjeong kept her clothes open and empty. At his bedside table laid a note from her:

Jimin,

There are no excuses for what I have done. I'm so sorry and I hope you find happiness and may you find it in your heart to forgive me someday. I love you...

-Minjeong

 

Jimin scrambled to his feet to look out the balcony, hoping maybe Minjeong was still around. However, only the cold gust that accompanied the rain and the empty rain-drenched street greeted him.

'I guess she was too eager to leave me for him...'

-------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------

 

5 years later

 

"Mr. Park, are you sure that you're coming with us to the first day of the outreach program at Bang SiHyuk Orphanage? I understand that you've always made it a point to attend our corporate social responsibility activities but you've just gotten back from your two-week business trip this morning. You should take a rest instead, Sir."

The thirty-three year old black-haired male dressed in perfect fitting business attire - black leather shoes, black slacks, black coat and a plain white dress shirt and a red necktie underneath - chuckled at his secretary. "I hired a male secretary instead because I didn't want someone who worries like a girlfriend. Hoseok, worry not because I got this."

The male felt his blood rush to his cheeks at his boss' remark. "I-I'm sorry, Sir."

Seeing his secretary all-red and bowing to him, Jimin laughed. "I was just saying! Come on, I am not mad or whatever!" He patted the other's shoulder to reassure him and said, "Now, I think I should change into more comfortable clothes, shouldn't I?"

A smile formed in Hoseok's lips as he thought of a great answer, enough to fluster his boss, "I think you can just lose the coat, roll up your sleeves and loosen the tie a bit. The ladies would definitely love you."

-------------------------------------------------------

"Minjeong, BTS Foundation is here and it was no joke when they said that their representative is hot and y as f—"

Minjeong shushed Rose with her finger. "Hey, you better lose that habit of cursing or the kids might hear you and take after you."

The orange-haired woman rolled her eyes. "Fine. Anyway, BTS Foundation's representative is here. Let's go and meet him. We don't always see good-looking men like him. Besides, aren't you excited that someone from the foundation went to visit us personally?"

"As expected of him."

Rose tilted her head in confusion at her friend's remark. "What do you mean? Do you know him personally?"

Realizing that she said something that would give away a part of her past, Minjeong quickly denied, "Of course not! I mean, I did research last night and they said he really likes attending CSR activities so his attendance today was kind of expected already."

"Oh. Anyway, I'll go ahead. See you at the main hall, okay?"

"Okay."

After Rose left, Minjeong grabbed her things and went back to the teachers' quarters.

For the last five years, Minjeong has kept herself away from Jimin by living abroad with her parents to pursue her teaching career which she abandoned years before. After three years in Canada, she returned to South Korea and lived in the countryside and for the past two years, she has worked as a volunteer teacher at Bang SiHyuk Orphanage, also earning the praises of her colleagues for being the most hardworking of all.

Jimin, on the other hand, with no way to link Minjeong to him, was able to go up the ranks until he was appointed vice president of BTS Foundation, a subsidiary of BTS Bank, where he worked originally. He has been to Canada a number of times and each time, he tried to look for Minjeong hoping that maybe they could start over again. However, because of his schedule, he was unable to locate Minjeong and her family.

 

-flashback-

A few months after Minjeong and Jimin broke up, the latter came across Jungkook at a tourist spot in Busan while both were on vacation.

Jimin did not waste time and confronted Jungkook about the night he had seen the latter kiss Minjeong at a bar.

"Jeon Jungkook." Jimin grabbed the other by the shoulder, forcing the man to face him.

"What the hell— Jimin?" The brown-haired male excused himself from his female companion and the two men went to a corner to talk.

"What do you want? My girlfriend doesn't like waiting."

'Girlfriend?' Jimin thought. 'Minjeong left me for you and now you're not even together anymore?'

"Park Jimin, stop ing wasting my time. If you've got nothing to say then I'm going." Jungkook turned around to go back to his girlfriend but Jimin grabbed his arm.

"Where is Minjeong?"

"Dude, you're the one dating her, right? I have no idea. After that night she kicked me on the gut, I stopped following her around. She didn't want to so I stopped. Her knees are probably made of steel, I tell you. I can't risk my balls getting hit by that so no, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter